Consumer Reviews of Woodstock Soapstone Company wood stoves

Read more about Woodstock Soapstone Company wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2017-05-30 Name: william allaire
Location: New Hampshire

"Cost of operating fire view stove"
Stove is efficient but not like they claim. First, it does not burn for more than 5 hours. Before it needs a reload, and it is high maintenance cleaning, not to mention replacement parts, gone out of control. I live in mountain of New Hampshire. And have 2 fire view stoves for last 16 years. Have rebuilt almost every part except shell. I am 66 years. Old getting harder and harder to maintain laying on back to change parts and service. Good stove but not worth the hassle of work, and now the crazy cost of parts!!!!! Think twice may not be nice if you are older and not mech. Inclined.

Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: Jim O
Location: Nehalem, OR

"A Great Wood Stove"
I bought this stove 15 years ago and had it shipped out from Vermont. It was expensive, but the information on it sounded really good. It took a bit of learning to get it to run at maximum efficiency, but I was impressed right off the bat. It is a beautiful stove and it heats my house on most winter days with just one load of wood. It holds heat for a long time, and radiates warmth for hours after the fire has burned down to nothing. The creosote build up is minimal and that is the result of its design and the catalytic converter inside the firebox. Maintenance is minimal, and it still looks and heats excellent. All I have done to keep it running good is to clean the catalytic converter out with a vacuum every few months, and soak clean it once a year. Other than that, I just light it up and damp it down after 30 minutes or so, and walk away. All in all this is a great wood stove.
Date created: 2016-11-16 Name: e zambrano
Location: Miami Beach , Florida

"i have the best wooden stove, it heats up a three bedroom house very quick"
I have owned my stove for about five years, never had a problem with the item. I've had to clean it up here and there but I completely love it and have had no difficulties. I would definitely recommend this to anyone: it's money saving, ecological and very practical.