Consumer Reviews of WoodPro wood stoves

#21  of 21 brands of wood stoves

Read more about WoodPro wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2018-01-26 Name: David Whitmarsh
Location: Ida, MI

"How to fix the Woodpro 1500 wood stove"
Put a mirror inside your combustion chamber and a light and look back toward your air box located just inside of the door. You will see a very small hole in the face that allows air into the fire box. I drilled that hole out to 5/16 of an inch. Problem solved. My stove operates between 250-400 degreases on my stack. I may drill the hole out to 3/8 after I get some history on the performance of the stove.

Date created: 2018-01-25 Name: David Whitmarsh
Location: Michigan

"Units are junks"
Purchased this woodpro 1500 stove as a upgrade to my old parlor stove. This stove ended up being a down grade. This stove does not supply enough oxygen to the combustion chamber to maintain a fire between 350- 500 degrees. It won't turn the wood to ash, instead it is chunks of wood that quickly fills up your burning space until there is no room to install more wood. I removed the ash box which gave me a little more are but still not enough to operate the stove. I also replaced all of my 6 inch stack and that did nothing to help the situation. I e-mailed customer service and that turned out to be a joke. They told me it was too hard to trouble shoot a pellet stove because there can be too many things that can cause a problem. I had given them the model number and serial number of my wood stove and then they tell me I have pellet stove. Clearly I don't have a pellet stove. So, good luck with customer service if you ever really need them. Clearly I have lost $500.00 on this stove. Don't buy one. It is junk

Date created: 2017-12-10 Name: Braum Sharstrom
Location: Park Rapidsm MN

Can't get the 1500 to burn even close to 12 hours I burn only oak stove burns rather to hot or hardly burns at all think I just wasted over $2000 setting this stove up wish I could get my money back!!

Date created: 2017-09-28 Name: Dave Olander
Location: Arlington, WA

Bought this stove for my sister. Also I am a owner and installer of my own and several wood stoves of my own as well as other family members. The Wood Pro 1500 has a design flaw with air control. If you read other positive reviews with photos you will notice fires that are starving of air. Yet they say stove is great. Leaves me suspicious as to the authenticity of reviews or the limited experience of stove operater. Before buying this stove I highly recommend seeing Amazon reviews first.

Date created: 2017-01-10 Name: Rick
Location: Indiana

"Woodpro 2.6 2500sqft"
Struggles to heat, custom and expensive fire bricks don't last a season. Once the bricks fail it's a snowball effect of problems. Customer service is a joke.

Date created: 2016-12-28 Name: Jack
Location: Lynn ind

"Stove"
I bought the Woodpro 2.6. I have had it for a week now. The only things I can complain about is the glass door. Maybe I'm not used to it yet. My other stove had 2 doors -- sometimes I get smoke. The other complaint is the big one. Whatever I do I cannot get anything close to a 12-hour burn as they advertise. Does anybody else have this issue?

Date created: 2016-11-01 Location: Wichita, KS

"My Experience with the WoodPro WS-TS-1500 Wood Stove"
I have had the WoodPro WS-TS-1500 in our kitchen nook area for one winter and coming into another one (i.e., about 18 months). It replaced an old "pot belly" stove that had seen better days. The installation was straight forward, requiring some extra double-walled pipe and some minor adaptation to the old chimney pipe. I like it since it can produce close to 70,000 BTUs and nicely heats a once "drafty" area. It has a 100 CFM or so blower but I wonder if it really needs it. The blower is a little noisy if you want complete silence. It isn't a problem in our noisy place. The only thing I don't like is that the glass door requires cleaning once in a while or it gets completely blackened. A solid metal door might be preferable and radiate heat better. It hasn't required any major maintenance. It appears to be durable but time will tell. I would recommend this to anyone that need to heat a space of around 1000 square feet or less. I think it has been a good value having pain around $450, not counting the pipe and other things for installation (e.g., caulking).