Consumer Reviews of United States Stove Company wood stoves

Read more about United States Stove Company wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2017-03-13 Name: KY
Location: Milaca, Minnesota

"I love my logwood stove!"
I have owned this unit for about a year and a half now, and I have been very happy with it. It sits in our cabin up north in the main living area, and whether it's a month, two months, or six months, it fires up right away and heats the main area of the cabin quite well. We have to leave the bedroom doors open at night to heat the rest of the living space, but that's a small price to pay for such an energy efficient heating tool. I have young children as well, and I had reservations about using a stove like this to heat, as there is always a danger of injury or burns as a result of getting too close, but we've managed to teach the kids not to go near it when it is heating. About two months ago, my husband was getting rather gregarious with the door as he was loading it with wood, and he bent the spring on the door. We went to the local hardware shop and were able to find something to fit the door quite well as a bandaid fix while we called the company and ordered a replacement spring. I would have no reservations about recommending this model to a friend; it has worked well for us, and has been very energy efficient and effective. I haven't had any safety concerns about heating hazards either. Now if I could just get it to chop wood, that would be amazing!

Date created: 2017-03-07 Name: AL
Location: Lakeland, FL

"I'm happy with it"
I bought the Logwood stove from Home Depot at the beginning of this winter to put in my three car garage. I live in Florida, so I only plan to use it during the winter, but it does get cold here at night. This stove has made it possible for me to work in my garage and even hang out out there for fun during the cold nights. I have a pellet stove inside which I spent a few hundred dollars more on, and I think this one works better to be honest. So far so good with no repairs. I don't think I will have to replace or repair anything soon, because it's pretty solid. I would recommend it to a friend for sure. If you're looking for one that goes inside your home, you may want one with a glass window on the front for decoration, because this one has a solid door which you can not see the fire through.

Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: AD
Location: Buffalo

"Cozy and Warm"
I've owned this unit for approximately 6 months, and had it installed when I bought my new home. I grew up with a wood burning stove in my house and this brings back fond memories, but also adds a more contemporary twist to the conventional older stoves. It throws off a generous amount of heat, especially since winters in Buffalo can be so cold. The black matte finish of this stove is very easy to decorate around, seeing as my living room furniture is also black along with my black matte tables. The stove generally makes the house look much more classy and even more comfortable, which I personally love. I have received nothing but compliments in regards to this stove. I have not needed to repair anything yet and installation was a bit challenging but not nearly as difficult as you could imagine. I would absolutely recommend this to a friend, seeing as I am extremely fond of it.

Date created: 2017-01-03 Name: LGS
Location: Dundee, OR

"A great stove that keeps my husband warm in the garage while he woodworks"
My father gifted us this wood stove 6 months ago, in the middle of Summer 2016. We didn't think we would use it, but once Autumn hit and the cut logs started stacking up, we were grateful to own it. The stove takes log wood. This means you don't have to buy pellets. This can be a great thing when you have plenty of felled wood in the yard. We keep ours in the garage so that my husband doesn't freeze while he works wood. We haven't needed to replace any part. It's cast iron and sturdy. VERY heavy, which for us means quality. If at any point a part needs to be replaced, we know that items may be ordered through the manufacturer. While we didn't purchase this item, we are in the process of purchasing one for the laundry room. They are pretty and functional. There isn't anything I dislike about the stove. Other than dusting, there isn't much cleanup. I considered trying another brand, but this brand works great and I wouldn't buy another brand after owning this one.

Date created: 2016-11-20 Name: Alex K
Location: Fayetteville, OH

"If you can handle the smell, woodstoves are awesome"
I've owned this unit for a couple of years an really love it. It heats my small house very well and is much cheaper than the electric baseboard heaters that I used before I got it. The only con for me is a subjective one: you can smell it on someone when they have a woodstove just like when someone smokes cigarettes.

Date created: 2016-10-31 Location: Oregon

I have had my stove for a little over a year now, and its pretty nice, it heats up the house efficently, while producing a surprising amount of brightness to living room, which is also what I dont like about it. It is loud and not able to be covered as much as I would like. It definitely works properly, and I do not see a repair anytime in the near future, I guess I just wouldn't recommend to any fashion forward individuals.