Consumer Reviews of Summers Heat wood stoves

Read more about Summers Heat wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2019-01-23 Name: Greg Rutkoski
Location: Tarentum, PA

"Constantly needs cleaning flu"
I installed this new EPA Certified stove into a 6-inch seamless stainless steel chimney flu that I installed a few years ago. I was planning ahead to go with an EPA style furnace. After 2 years of burning my 40-year-old wood furnace on the new flu, I bought the Summers Heat EPA add on the furnace and ran 3-inch steel fresh air intake outside for combustion air. I ran an 8-inch duct to the center of my house and put a floor register in for heat distribution. It heats my house amazingly well. After 3 months of burning 2-year-old seasoned wood that is approx 11 percent moisture content, my chimney flu is completely impacted with soot creosote etc. Smoke started backing up inside my house. I removed a drywall bucket full of soot from where my stove enters the flu at the 90 degree take off. So now I need to get on a metal roof covered with ice to clean my chimney. If that is what is required to own an EPA stove, I am going to look for an older coal style wood furnace that has hotter combustion gasses. I am 61 years old and experienced at wood burning after heating with wood my entire life. I've never had an issue with creosote and soot clogged flu in my life. Apparently, the exhaust gasses are just too cool with this stove. After reading the manual it says to clean flu monthly during the heating season. I guess they know this stove produces a lot of soot. I am sorry I purchased this stove and wish I would of went with one that has air inlet controls of the door and burns hotter. It doe heat nice but the monthly winter maintenance of flu is very much a problem.

Date created: 2018-09-06 Name: Art Elli
Location: Chico, CA

"England stove works"
My wood stove is under warranty and after using it the first day, smoke bellowed out of the door. The installer checked it out and said the door is warped. The company is now trying to make me pay close to $500.00 for shipping to change it out. I am now in contact with the BBB. Hopefully I can get something resolved.
Date created: 2017-01-18 Name: aes
Location: Modesto, California

"Amazon wood burning stove"
Overall the Summers Heat 50-SNC30 is a must have for anyone looking for an affordable cost effective wood burning stove. This unit is effective for anything 1,800 - 2,400 Square Foot.
Date created: 2017-01-04 Name: K. Matthews
Location: Des Moines, IA

"A+ for Summers Heat Wood Stove"
I've had the Summers Heat wood stove for just over two years now and I can't say enough about how great it is. The craftsmanship is what drew me to the brand and I haven't been disappointed. The door is heavy and the latch engages solidly. I haven't has any problems with the stove mechanically. It puts out a great deal of heat and was easy to connect to my existing exhaust system. I was able to install this stove easily in my guest house thanks to the easy to follow instructions. I have not needed to contact the manufacturer or return the product. I highly recommend this wood stove! You will not be disappointed.
Date created: 2016-11-15 Name: JIH
Location: Houston, TX

"an amazing gift"
I received my wood stove as a gift only 2 months ago for a house warming gift from my Mom and it is quickly becoming my one of my favorite objects in the house. I love the simple design and the minimal space it takes up for how much heat it gives off and the natural light that it creates during the later hours of the day, reducing my energy bill as well as my heat bill. I'm hoping that it will last as long as this house does and based on other reviews I am confident it will. Almost everyone who comes over loves the stove and it's a great talking point, definitely recommend any Summers Heat stove for anyone looking for a way to liven up a living space and save money during the winter season.