Consumer Reviews of Quadra-Fire wood stoves

#18  of 21 brands of wood stoves

Read more about Quadra-Fire wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2018-09-17 Name: L.L
Location: Alaska

"Not for Alaska winters"
If you're looking for a wood stove that is easily over-fired, this is the one. We have access to Birch, Spruce and Cottonwood. After a complete overhaul and making sure all parts were up to date and no air leaks, we still cannot get a long hour burn without over-firing on a few splits of seasoned birch with less than 20% moisture. After establishing a good fire and shutting down all the dampers, we still get red hot glowing baffle tubes. Quadra-Fire's only answer was to change our fuel option and that birch tends to burn hot, the stove was tested for oak burns. This thing is a fire hazard and should not be sold in Alaska where we depend on wood heat for heat. If you like to have to constantly monitor your stove waiting for a stack fire, this one is calling your name!

Date created: 2018-08-12 Name: Dave Petersen
Location: Portland, OR

"Defective metal used"
Bought a QF2100i. After several years of poor operation - I performed extensive maintenance - swept the flue, changed out the brick, relined the door, and cleaned above the baffle. Holy Shit! The baffle had warped! There was a 2" high bubble at the rear of the 1/2" steel baffle plate that was the size of a cereal bowl.! It defeated the entire purpose of the baffle - letting hot gasses eject straight up the stove to the flue without even passing underneath the baffle. Having a latex painted brick fireplace - I never ran a hot fire - suspicious of the latex paint burning (not a concern, I found out later), so the stove was never fired at maximum burn. So how did the plate warp so crazily because it wasn't from overheating? I can only suspect some steel contamination. There was loads of cheap defective Korean steel around in the early 90's - maybe Quadra-Fire bought a bunch of steel on the cheap and plugged it into their stoves. I called Quadra-Fire to report this dangerous defect. The stove documentation clearly stated, "Lifetime warranty" on all structural parts and baffle. I was floored when Quadra said the warranty was no longer in effect! I was told I was out of the Lifetime warranty period! What a laughing stock of a company! Expired Lifetime Warranty. What cheap SOB's. Wherever I go, whenever I get the chance, whoever I talk to, I will forever excoriate Quadra-Fire's reputation. Neighborhood blogs, Facebook, I'll tell everyone I can about Quadra-Fire's "Lifetime Warranty" that expires! Stay the F away from Quadra-Fire!!
Date created: 2018-06-23 Name: James E Richards
Location: Washington

"Worst stove ever had."
I have two stoves, one for my house & one for our church, both top of the line. The burn time for my large house stove is about 5 hours and overheats my house. Turned down, it creates huge creosote problem. My house actually caught on fire and I was fortunate to save it. When I contacted Quadra Fire after buying the stove & complained about the performance, their excuse was epa rules. I bought a Woodstock Soapstone stove last year and am amazed at the difference in quality and performance.
Date created: 2018-04-06 Name: W. Trierweiler
Location: Michigan

"Crap"
If you like a very hard to start and keep going, smoke and ash dust filled room then the Quadra Fire Explorer ii is the wood stove for you. By its design the smoke has to come forward to exit so the smoke and ash comes out when you open the door. The controls do not provide control of the air to the stove so it doesn't start or burn well and wants to go out all the time. And the nice glass door is always smokey so you might just as well have a solid door. I would not have another Quadra Fire stove if you paid me and really miss my old Vermont Casting stove. So to answer the questions to the right, I don't like the stove period, dislike everything, and no I would not buy the same brand again or any Quadra Fire after having this piece of crap. Period!
Date created: 2018-02-20 Name: Linda Fields
Location: Fortine, MT

"Dangerous and poor customer service"
This $3600 stove, purchased in Kalispell, MT has never worked properly; customer service has been slow and unreliable. Fireplace Center has come out and jerry-rigged it a couple of times, but the stove still canít be used safely. Unbelievably frustrating!!
Date created: 2017-12-18 Name: D Fraser
Location: Ontario, Canada

"5700 step top woodstove"
The paint on the top of my stove turned white after very little burn time. Quadrafire gave the only option to paint the top of my stove in the house. Later they confessed that this is not an isolated issue but only offered a touch up paint job as any sort of warranty. I would never buy another stove from them. Their advertised burn times are also unrealistic. Into my third winter with an eyesore of a stove. Should have purchased another stove at 1/3 the price!!!
Date created: 2017-11-16 Name: Joe Nartker
Location: Ohio

"Problems"
Quadra fire is nothing but problems, the equipment is junk and the company does not back their products, if you buy one you will have problems immediately and when the warranty is up, the company has nothing to do with you. Extremely poor customer service, no assistance at all. Stay away from Quadra fire, and Quadra fire products
Date created: 2017-03-12 Name: SG
Location: Stella, MO

"We love our Quadra-fire wood stove!"
We bought our wood stove 2 years ago when we moved to a new state, new home. We shopped around quite a bit and decided on this one. We are so glad we did! The wood stove is our only heat source and winters here are pretty cold. Our house is 1875 sq. feet, one level, and it keeps our house nice and toasty. It cost more than others we looked at, but it is well worth it! It is very durable and will last for years. Also, it is looks really nice. I would totally recommend this stove to everyone!
Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: AV
Location: Deer Park, WA

"Wood stove is an electric bill saver in the winter"
Our wood burning stove was in the house when we purchased it about seven years ago. We use it every winter, daily to help cut down on our electric bill. It heats our entire house which is over 3000 sq ft. Although our upstairs gets a lot warmer than the downstairs, I prefer to heat the house this way. Last winter, we lost power for about three days because of a winter storm. Our wood stove was a life saver! So far, we haven't had to make any repairs on our stove. We do regular maintenance on it (removing ashes, cleaning, etc.) and that's about it. I would definitely recommend this stove to anyone looking for an alternative way to heat their home. If we ever need to replace our wood stove, we will look at getting another Quadra-Fire unit before considering anything else. It saves us over $600 every winter, so it pays for itself after a couple of years!