Consumer Reviews of Quadra-Fire wood stoves

#18  of 21 brands of wood stoves

Read more about Quadra-Fire wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2019-05-07 Name: david pape
Location: Cody, WY

"Poor"
New 14 foot liner and professionally installed. Finished my second year. Not much to rave about. Will not burn anywhere near what the manufacturer claimed. Keeping glass somewhat clean is an impossible task. The fan is beyond noisy at any speed. Would not buy it again.

Date created: 2019-04-04 Name: Jim Asimenios
Location: Waldorf, MD

"Glass"
Just got our new Voyageur Grand installed and got a small fire going last night. Got up this morning, the fire was out and the glass was covered in soot. Cleaned the ashes out and then proceeded to try and remove all the soot from the glass. It was a nightmare!!! Keep in mind, this is not our first wood burning insert. Tried Windex, soot remover, on and on and on. After a good 1/2 hour of scrubbing, I finally removed about 80% and was able to see [somewhat] through the glass. I can see this is not going to be fun in the future.
Date created: 2019-02-11 Name: Randy P Dunn
Location: Scottsville, NY

"I have 2 Quadrafire stoves"
We have a 2100 and a 3100 stand-alone wood-stoves by Quadrafire. They work great, burn ash down to dust, will run for hours with seasoned wood. Both models have been discontinued.
Date created: 2019-01-25 Name: Pamela Assemany
Location: Michigan

"Great Service very knowledgeable sales person Randy from Gaylord Mi Fireside and Leisure"
Randy from Gaylord Mi fireplace and leisure did a fantastic job telling us about this unit. He was very thorough and professional. The installers were quick and clean and did a great job. I can't say enough about the people from this store and the quality of our wood stove insert. We love it.
Date created: 2019-01-16 Name: RJacks
Location: Maine

"Bad stove"
I have had a lot of wood stoves this explorer 1 is the worst might as well not have a glass since it smokes up in two minutes wood is three years old so it is not wet. Used it one year and I am going to go back to Pacific Energy I would not recommend Quadra fire to anyone
Date created: 2019-01-12 Name: Bob Cappadona
Location: Waltham, MA

"Terrible investment"
Doesn’t nearly heat the area its suggested rating. Blower failed 10 months after I bought. Now give me a hard time about the warranty. This was not a good investment for an overall $$ with installation
Date created: 2019-01-02 Name: Jeanine Moore
Location: Maryland

"Wish I never bought it!"
I have had nothing but problems with my stove. The side panels fall out, the door doesn't shut tight. It started when the two 20 somethings came to install. They had to watch YouTube and have my husband read them the instructions. We called Quadra Fire and explained to them our experience and they just gave us 2 numbers to call. So we call them and they tell us that they wouldn't use the stove until it was inspected and the door was fixed. So we had Nick come on out and he states he fixed with some "wire". When I called back again and explained that the top was crooked and the panels were falling off and the door is loose. I get a "I wouldn't use it" This is the guy who said it's okay. What?!
Date created: 2018-11-12 Name: Ben
Location: Bozeman, MT

"Pioneer II"
Due to a house fire (minor smoke damage) from a cmu fireplace, it was time to upgrade to something more efficient and prettier. We wanted something more elegant than a wood burning stove that sat out in the room, but wanted the efficiency of said wood burning stove. Pioneer II by Quadra-Fire is that fireplace! Very simple to operate if you know how to operate a quality stove. I consistently have a 6" bed of coals and the "air inlet" is hardly ever open more than half way. I live in high country and winters are long and cold. 2017-2018 winter had snow on the ground for 7 months and 4 of those months didn't get above freezing. Within the first few fires, I noticed that the hinge on the door was busted. Contacted dealer and replacement door arrived, no questions asked, just sent photos and returned old door. Only down-fall of this stove, is it needs a deeper firebox. Ashes fall out regularly, but cleaning out the firebox solves that. If I could afford to live in Big Sky, I would've upgraded to 5100.
Date created: 2018-11-10 Name: Robert Peale

"Quadra-Fire Classic Bay"
After reading some of the reviews, I am assuming all Quadra-Fire are junk. My Classic Bay is.
Date created: 2018-11-04 Name: Fred Harris
Location: Cabot, AR

"Smoked up glass"
My wife and I chose the Voyageur for its good looks. It cost $4,300 with install. As soon as the first fire was lit, the glass started smoking up. Within 24 hours, you could hardly see the fire. I called the dealer and they asked if I was using a hardwood, was it dry, etc? I called Quadrature and was basically told, yes they smoke up and I'd just have to live with it. I also went back to the dealer in person and wanted to know what could be done about this and the salesman said I tell everyone that these things smoke up. He didn't tell me. So If you want to spend a lot of money and not see the flames, this is the stove for you!