Consumer Reviews of Quadra-Fire wood stoves

#17  of 21 brands of wood stoves

Read more about Quadra-Fire wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2018-04-07 Name: C.R. Charest
Location: Grayling, MI

"Voyageur Grand Wood Insert"
This larger unit takes more wood to have the box burn hot enough for max heat output, compared to base insert model, but it also lasts a lot longer. About 10 hours packed with oak. It takes longer logs and after 3 months almost continuous burning has saved me a fair amount vs propane. Little ash is created. Interesting design. Blowers subject to some rattling but easily solved. Interesting that outside air source is not required for code, but I would suggest it because I didn't and wish I did. Any appliance such as this isn't cheap but will last a lifetime. I'm satisfied with the unit and saw no advantage over similar models from others, at a far better price, all things considered. Hope this helps someone.

Date created: 2018-04-06 Name: W. Trierweiler
Location: Michigan

"Crap"
If you like a very hard to start and keep going, smoke and ash dust filled room then the Quadra Fire Explorer ii is the wood stove for you. By its design the smoke has to come forward to exit so the smoke and ash comes out when you open the door. The controls do not provide control of the air to the stove so it doesn't start or burn well and wants to go out all the time. And the nice glass door is always smokey so you might just as well have a solid door. I would not have another Quadra Fire stove if you paid me and really miss my old Vermont Casting stove. So to answer the questions to the right, I don't like the stove period, dislike everything, and no I would not buy the same brand again or any Quadra Fire after having this piece of crap. Period!

Date created: 2018-02-20 Name: Linda Fields
Location: Fortine, MT

"Dangerous and poor customer service"
This $3600 stove, purchased in Kalispell, MT has never worked properly; customer service has been slow and unreliable. Fireplace Center has come out and jerry-rigged it a couple of times, but the stove still canít be used safely. Unbelievably frustrating!!

Date created: 2017-12-18 Name: D Fraser
Location: Ontario, Canada

"5700 step top woodstove"
The paint on the top of my stove turned white after very little burn time. Quadrafire gave the only option to paint the top of my stove in the house. Later they confessed that this is not an isolated issue but only offered a touch up paint job as any sort of warranty. I would never buy another stove from them. Their advertised burn times are also unrealistic. Into my third winter with an eyesore of a stove. Should have purchased another stove at 1/3 the price!!!

Date created: 2017-11-16 Name: Joe Nartker
Location: Ohio

"Problems"
Quadra fire is nothing but problems, the equipment is junk and the company does not back their products, if you buy one you will have problems immediately and when the warranty is up, the company has nothing to do with you. Extremely poor customer service, no assistance at all. Stay away from Quadra fire, and Quadra fire products

Date created: 2017-08-02 Name: DJV
Location: Telford, PA

"Don't Upgrade"
We enjoy the heat produced by the machine but we bought the more expensive model, the 5100I, for the ambiance of the side windows and being able to see the fire throughout the room and that is not possible. Even with the best wood (and we've measured the moisture) the side windows and most of the front are always black and it takes about an hour to clean them and it's required after every use. Our servicing tech just informed us that every on he's seen is that way because of the way the smoke flows inside of it.

Date created: 2017-03-12 Name: SG
Location: Stella, MO

"We love our Quadra-fire wood stove!"
We bought our wood stove 2 years ago when we moved to a new state, new home. We shopped around quite a bit and decided on this one. We are so glad we did! The wood stove is our only heat source and winters here are pretty cold. Our house is 1875 sq. feet, one level, and it keeps our house nice and toasty. It cost more than others we looked at, but it is well worth it! It is very durable and will last for years. Also, it is looks really nice. I would totally recommend this stove to everyone!

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: AV
Location: Deer Park, WA

"Wood stove is an electric bill saver in the winter"
Our wood burning stove was in the house when we purchased it about seven years ago. We use it every winter, daily to help cut down on our electric bill. It heats our entire house which is over 3000 sq ft. Although our upstairs gets a lot warmer than the downstairs, I prefer to heat the house this way. Last winter, we lost power for about three days because of a winter storm. Our wood stove was a life saver! So far, we haven't had to make any repairs on our stove. We do regular maintenance on it (removing ashes, cleaning, etc.) and that's about it. I would definitely recommend this stove to anyone looking for an alternative way to heat their home. If we ever need to replace our wood stove, we will look at getting another Quadra-Fire unit before considering anything else. It saves us over $600 every winter, so it pays for itself after a couple of years!