Consumer Reviews of Pleasant Hearth wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2017-02-01 Name: SG
Location: Greenwich, Connecticut

"Reliable and worth it!"
We love this wood stove! I had never had one before and my husband suggested we buy one for our ski cabin. After a few months of looking we purchased this one. I love it because it was very easy to get up and running. It's also very easy for me to use and it keeps the house nice and warm on especially cold days. It heats up very quickly but it never feels unsafe (I was worried that it would be too hot on the outside and we have two small children) but it never overheats. We've never had to get it repaired and it has worked great so far. I would definitely recommend this one for anyone who doesn't need a very fancy or large wood stove and wants the most bang for their buck. It is much cheaper than many other wood stoves we looked and fully meets our needs.

Date created: 2017-01-10 Name: EM
Location: Mt. Airy, NC

"Pleasant Hearth Wood Stove"
I purchased the stove almost two years ago, and am generally satisfied with the purchase. I needed an affordable heating option for my cabin, and, since I have access to inexpensive, or sometimes even free, wood, a smaller wood-burning stove seemed the way to go. This model does heat the promised 1250 feet, but I have to fiddle with the dampers and sometimes even have the door cracked open a bit, to get it going. I have had some issues with the window gasket, but have a handyman friend who has repaired it for me. He also helped with the installation, which I do not believe I would have been comfortable doing by myself. All in all, if you want an economical way of heating, and have a good source for wood, I believe this is a decent choice. If I could afford a more expensive stove, I would probably upgrade to something that did not need so much fiddling, but for the money, I think it is a good buy.
Date created: 2016-12-14 Name: ZJC
Location: Homer, AK

"Our wood stove heats our whole cabin through the winter!"
My wife and I bought this Pleasant Hearth stove 2 years ago at a local department store. So far, we are very pleased with our purchase of this specific stove. It has held up very well ever since we purchased it. One of the best feature we love about this stove is that it has a large ceramic glass covering on the front. We love just relaxing back in our recliners and viewing the fire and the wood interacting. This Pleasant Hearth wood stove heats our cabin up thoroughly. We do not use another heating source. If anything ever happens to this one, we would definitely buy the same one again based on the experience we have had with it so far.
Date created: 2016-12-06 Name: R.E.
Location: Fresno, California

"Warm and relaxing"
I've owned my wood stove for almost a year now. It's a well built and sturdy stove, very clean and efficient as well. Slightly bigger than I thought it would be. Warms up a small-medium room very well. Never needed to repair it since it's a well build stove. Price could be a little cheaper, and the blower could be a bit quieter. Would definitely recommend to friends who were looking for a good way to warm up their houses during Winter.
Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: Jv
Location: Covington, GA

"Warms the room in nust a few minutes"
I absolutely love this stove. I have had my Pleasant Hearth wood burning stove for about two years now since moving to Georgia where the cold weather starts early and lasts longer. I use this stove to heat up a nineteen hundred square foot area and in just a few short minutes it is toasty. I love how easy it is to use and clean. The only thing I dislike is the amount of space it takes up, but it's completely worth it for the warmth it provides. My family and I wouldn't know what to do without this wood stove as its kept the shivering, trembling, teeth chattering, and hiding under blankets down in the house. I would definitely buy another one of these. I have recommended it to a few of my family members, some of which have already purchased one for themselves. This stove is simple, convenient, and efficient.
Date created: 2016-11-10 Name: SN
Location: Nashville, TN

"Love it!"
We mainly picked this one because it was relatively inexpensive and we are so pleased with our choice!