Consumer Reviews of Pacific Energy wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2018-07-19 Name: pete pierce
Location: spencerville, ont.

"Glass cracks"
Yup, I agree with the other people who say it's difficult to start from cold. Either use kindling that burns really hot or crack the door open during a cold start. I've had mine from '08, it's pretty much the sole source of heat for a 3,000 square foot bungalow, just south of Ottawa. Works good. Added a riser manifold to the H2O tank beside it. Preheats H2O to about 110F. Then the warm water goes to an electric water heater. Huge difference in hydro bills. That's the good part. Bad part is the glass developed a vertical crack about two years in. The glass is guaranteed for "life." I whined about it and they said that I must have closed the door on a log that was too long (I did not) Glass cracked again a couple of years later. Not really a huge deal, still using stove as-is. But "life" of the glass is short.

Date created: 2018-05-13 Name: David Pape
Location: Jefferson, CO

"poor at best"
The Super 27 is a smokey hog. Fire box was out of square. Good luck on customer service. Took a year for replacement.
Date created: 2018-03-10 Name: S. Hawes
Location: Upstate, NY

"Horrible design, no draft whatsoever"
As I sit here with the entire house filled with smoke, I decided to see if I or my particular stove is the problem. Apparently, it is this brand/model. It is extremely poorly designed, starting it up is atrocious. No draft. Just had a friend (who knows stoves inside out) look at it and he wished I could get my money back. We have had it 8 years and it has always been a problem. Once started, it is fairly sufficient, but starting it and getting it going when it starts to die down, ensures smoke, smoke, smoke. Pacific Energy Super 27. Extremely dissatisfied, buyer beware.
Date created: 2018-03-04 Name: Jeff
Location: Northern California

"Back Drafting issues"
Going into my 3rd season, but have decided to stop using it due to breathing problems. I have even added extra chimney length up to 18'. Even if I open an exterior door fully, and open the stove door very slowly, you can still see ash particles coming out. If the box is anything less than very hot, smoke will come out too, no matter how slowly I open the door. I think the manufacturer is aware of the issues if you read their manual regarding starting and adding wood to the fire. Many areas reference taking precautions for "backpuffing", or making sure the coals are hot before opening the door.
Date created: 2018-02-10 Name: J Franklin
Location: Creswell, OR

"Does not draw or heat"
My Vista Classic does not dray air to burn the fire, It sometimes will not even keep newspaper kindling going on startup. It will burn with the door open but smokes up the house.
Date created: 2018-02-04 Name: J. D.
Location: Western, VA

"Satisfaction review"
I'm very satisfied with my Summit series stove. I've owned it about 4 years with no problems at at. It does have slow draft when first starting so I leave door part way open for just a few minutes and then it burns wonderfully. Once the stove is going there are absolutely no complaints.
Date created: 2018-01-29 Name: Dan C
Location: West Hartford, CT

"Summit Insert"
This is the best stove I have owned. Very efficient. Floating re-burn baffle is excellent. No welds breaking or cracks due to stove expansion and contraction. Air wash on front glass is amazing. Can go all season without cleaning glass. Quiet fans. I have nothing but great things to say. Excellent. 25' Foot Chimney. 3+ cords annually.
Date created: 2018-01-29 Name: W K
Location: Powell River, British Columbia

"Overpriced POS"
Problems with stoves inability to send smoke up the chimney. Similar complaints have been stated on this site as to fine ash, smoke and contents of the firebox spilling into the house when adding firewood due to design of this particular stove. Will look into modifying baffle plate to improve draft problem when warm weather arrives. Very unsatisfied. While it produces considerable heat at times one would think the $4300 price tag would ensure a working heating appliance. Our previous stove, a Waterford, worked fine for over 40 years but we purchased a Pacific Energy stove for the better efficiency rating. Same chimney, different outcome.Would not purchase again.
Date created: 2017-11-09 Name: Karl
Location: Canada

"Garbage"
Hi, I am very disappointed with Pacific Energy wood stove, very unsatisfied, basically, garbage. There is little air into it. To get stove going I have to open the door. The installation was done by the professional company. The chimney stack is over 10 F. I would suggest to get a new European companies in the market and help them to licence in Canada. You will see the difference.
Date created: 2017-10-31 Name: R. Stearn
Location: Jackson, WY

"Pacific energy summit classic wood-stove"
This stove has so little draw and such so little room between top of door and top of firebox that it spews smoke and fine ash into house almost every time we open it to add wood. Bottom of firebox is so shallow that coals and ash fall out bottom of stove when we open door. Because of poor draft it is very challenging and time consuming to get fire started and when you finally do and turn it onto the efficincy mode it burns extremly hot for 2-3 hours and then produces very little heat for last 3-4 hours --very inconsistent heat level over 6-7 hours on same setting. Will only burn a max of 6 to 7 hours on a full load of lodgepole pine on lowest setting. Pipe and wind direction are not the problem as the two other stoves we've had on the same pipe will suck the chrome off a trailerhitch. We also know 2 other families in this town who have exactly the same problems. We have lived in homes with wood stoves for a combined total of 110 years and have never seen these problems previously. The Dealer (chimney sweeps of jackson hole) knew of these problems and continued to push sales of the same stoves. He provided no workable solutions to our problems and refused to honor the warranty. Although these stoves are a really nice looking appliance and produce a pretty flames throufh the glass door for part of the burn cycle they are the trashiest and most inconsistent heating stoves we ever seen. The inside of our home is completly dusted with fine white ash. We will never buy another Pacific Energy stove period