Consumer Reviews of Pacific Energy wood stoves

Read more about Pacific Energy wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2019-03-20 Name: Mickey
Location: West Virginia

"How to light a fire in any stove with a cold flue"
Preheat the flue with a propane torch, I place the flame just in front of the baffle so the heat warms the stovepipe. Usually just a minute or so unless itís really cold out. No more smoke in the house.

Date created: 2019-02-22 Name: Timo Wuori
Location: Scarborough, Ont.

"A good stove"
I had the Pacific Energy wood stove Summit in my 2000 Sq' cottage. It worked very well in the winter too keeping the large cottage nice and warm. I was very satisfied with it. It burned slow all night and if needed also very hot to cook and boil water on top of it. I don't understand what many people wrote about the problems they had with this stove? Maybe they didn't understand how to use the draft controls or used wet firewood? I was very satisfied with the stove the 10 years I owned it. I am moving back to Northern Europe and would love to have Pacific Energy stove there in Finland too in my house.
Date created: 2019-02-10 Name: dave
Location: Selkirk, ON

"Super 27 sucks"
Bought super 27 brand new in fall of 2018 very unhappy it does not heat up my house it says it heats up to 2000 sq. Feet well it doesn't do not buy one as soon as you buy it you are garbage to them good luck
Date created: 2019-01-30 Name: James
Location: Laval Quebec

"Pacific wood stove"
I own a Pacific energy 27 wood stove I bought it in the 1997 or 98 ? I love my stove .I sold my house and moved it with me and still have it. Works well I have it on my lower floor and warms up my house from top to bottom I can live without it. My electric bills are higher in the summer ( air-conditioning & pool heater) then the winter months. I have no complaints.
Date created: 2019-01-30 Name: barry
Location: Canada

"Warranty"
Stove cracked on the faceplate and inside in several places within the free warranty replacement period and the company would not stand behind their printed and advertised warranty
Date created: 2018-12-23 Name: J Dollimont
Location: Appleton, Newfoundland, Canada

"Super 27"
I heat a 1200 square foot house with the Super 27, 3 years and no issues with smoke or lack of heat. Excellent stove
Date created: 2018-07-19 Name: pete pierce
Location: spencerville, ont.

"Glass cracks"
Yup, I agree with the other people who say it's difficult to start from cold. Either use kindling that burns really hot or crack the door open during a cold start. I've had mine from '08, it's pretty much the sole source of heat for a 3,000 square foot bungalow, just south of Ottawa. Works good. Added a riser manifold to the H2O tank beside it. Preheats H2O to about 110F. Then the warm water goes to an electric water heater. Huge difference in hydro bills. That's the good part. Bad part is the glass developed a vertical crack about two years in. The glass is guaranteed for "life." I whined about it and they said that I must have closed the door on a log that was too long (I did not) Glass cracked again a couple of years later. Not really a huge deal, still using stove as-is. But "life" of the glass is short.
Date created: 2018-05-13 Name: David Pape
Location: Jefferson, CO

"poor at best"
The Super 27 is a smokey hog. Fire box was out of square. Good luck on customer service. Took a year for replacement.
Date created: 2018-03-10 Name: S. Hawes
Location: Upstate, NY

"Horrible design, no draft whatsoever"
As I sit here with the entire house filled with smoke, I decided to see if I or my particular stove is the problem. Apparently, it is this brand/model. It is extremely poorly designed, starting it up is atrocious. No draft. Just had a friend (who knows stoves inside out) look at it and he wished I could get my money back. We have had it 8 years and it has always been a problem. Once started, it is fairly sufficient, but starting it and getting it going when it starts to die down, ensures smoke, smoke, smoke. Pacific Energy Super 27. Extremely dissatisfied, buyer beware.
Date created: 2018-03-04 Name: Jeff
Location: Northern California

"Back Drafting issues"
Going into my 3rd season, but have decided to stop using it due to breathing problems. I have even added extra chimney length up to 18'. Even if I open an exterior door fully, and open the stove door very slowly, you can still see ash particles coming out. If the box is anything less than very hot, smoke will come out too, no matter how slowly I open the door. I think the manufacturer is aware of the issues if you read their manual regarding starting and adding wood to the fire. Many areas reference taking precautions for "backpuffing", or making sure the coals are hot before opening the door.