Consumer Reviews of Pacific Energy wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2017-11-09 Name: Karl
Location: Canada

"Garbage"
Hi, I am very disappointed with Pacific Energy wood stove, very unsatisfied, basically, garbage. There is little air into it. To get stove going I have to open the door. The installation was done by the professional company. The chimney stack is over 10 F. I would suggest to get a new European companies in the market and help them to licenced in Canada. You will see the different.

Date created: 2017-10-31 Name: R. Stearn
Location: Jackson, WY

"Pacific energy summit classic wood-stove"
This stove has so little draw and such so little room between top of door and top of firebox that it spews smoke and fine ash into house almost every time we open it to add wood. Bottom of firebox is so shallow that coals and ash fall out bottom of stove when we open door. Because of poor draft it is very challenging and time consuming to get fire started and when you finally do and turn it onto the efficincy mode it burns extremly hot for 2-3 hours and then produces very little heat for last 3-4 hours --very inconsistent heat level over 6-7 hours on same setting. Will only burn a max of 6 to 7 hours on a full load of lodgepole pine on lowest setting. Pipe and wind direction are not the problem as the two other stoves we've had on the same pipe will suck the chrome off a trailerhitch. We also know 2 other families in this town who have exactly the same problems. We have lived in homes with wood stoves for a combined total of 110 years and have never seen these problems previously. The Dealer (chimney sweeps of jackson hole) knew of these problems and continued to push sales of the same stoves. He provided no workable solutions to our problems and refused to honor the warranty. Although these stoves are a really nice looking appliance and produce a pretty flames throufh the glass door for part of the burn cycle they are the trashiest and most inconsistent heating stoves we ever seen. The inside of our home is completly dusted with fine white ash. We will never buy another Pacific Energy stove period

Date created: 2017-07-18 Name: Larry Myers
Location: Hixon, BC

"House is full of ash,warped baffle with horrible warranty"
Bought 3000 sq ft stove for 800 sq ft home. After 5 years of daily dusting we find the baffle has 1/4 warp. After finding my dealer has gone out of business I contacted a neighboring town, I find that I have to pay for the baffle and shipping. Pacific Energy will then inspect my baffle and deem whether or not it is warranty covered. Say I may be burning too hot of a fire. May not be covered. Will not risk owning two warped baffles. Will have this one repaired and void the warranty (ha ha). Next stove will be one I can burn a fire in.

Date created: 2017-01-05 Name: PH
Location: Los Angeles, CA

"Product worth buying, but could have some improvements to have the experience a 10 out of 10"
I have owned my unit for the pass 4 years. It was gifted to me by my parents. From my experience, I like that it heats my entire home. I have about 1130 sq feet for it to reach, and I have never had a problem feeling that heat in every room. One thing I would change, or don't like is that I have to load at the bottom which leaves a mess. As well as the ashes do sometimes get in the air. I'd wish for it to be able to load from the top. So If I were to buy a new model in the same family, I would want the same brand but the model to be like that. I have never had to replace any of the parts or had to have it fixed. But I did buy a warranty from the store, which said it would cover any repair pairs and services.