Consumer Reviews of Osburn wood stoves

#15  of 21 brands of wood stoves

Read more about Osburn wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2017-08-12 Name: Barry
Location: Palmer AK

"Terrible customer Service"
Had a Osburn wood fire installed last year, the gasket failed around the edge of the glass. I contacted Osburn and they would not send the installer to make good a new gasket. Their way round the situation was to send me a gasket and do it myself.

Date created: 2016-12-26 Name: RC
Location: Fayetteville, AR

"Love my Stove!!!"
I have had my wood stove for 4 years now and absolutely love it. It provides ample heat for my entire home. It's very easy to clean and maintain. I usually scoop out the ashes once a week at most. It does a great job of burning all the wood with very little ash remaining when it's finished. I typically go through 3 ricks a year of wood which is much cheaper than buying gas or electric. I typically have a chimney sweep come out once a year to do a in depth cleaning, but other than that I have had no maintenance. I have recommended to my friends to use this brand and one has and he loves his as well. Lastly the look of the stove in my living room is a centerpiece and many nights are spent gathered around the stove absorbing its warmth. If I ever move, I will have to install this stove in my new place.

Date created: 2016-12-13 Name: LB
Location: Rochester, NY

"Best Investment Ever"
My wife and I just bought this wood stove for the upcoming winter. This wood stove was our best investment for our new home. So far, it is working amazing and we are very pleased with it. I would recommend this type of wood stove to family and friends.

Date created: 2016-11-16 Name: Lisa T
Location: Hendersonville, NC

"Nothing like wood heat!"
Living in a remote area of western North Carolina, winters are particularly rough and fraught with ice storms, snow, and often with sub-zero temperatures. Although our home does have electric baseboard heat, for those really cold days we depend on our Osburn wood stove for that extra "boost" of heat. There's nothing like a wood fire for providing steady, even heat when you need it most---and Osburn delivers that extra punch of toasty warmth. We are most pleased with our Osburn stove, and wouldn't trade it for any other model. We have recommended Osburn stoves for our neighbors as an economical source of supplemental heat, and wouldn't buy another brand (although there are several brands readily available in our area). Osburn stoves light quickly and reach optimum heating efficiency in less than 15 minutes. Our Osburn stove burns surprisingly clean, with not a lot of smokiness associated with most wood-burning stoves; most of the smoke is carried away quickly through the stovepipe. In our opinion, Osburn is the last name in wood-burning stoves!

Date created: 2016-11-01 Location: Fairfax, Virginia

"Love my wood stove!"
I have owned my Osburn 900 for more than 5 years and I still love it because it warms whole entire space of my house! It does not take long to heat up the space (~15 minutes) and it is adequate for winter time, especially January and February. My area (Fairfax) gets a lot of snow and I need to be safe from the cold. It also looks stylish and matches well with either wooden or carpeted floors. The size is adequate for my place, too. The only downside is that it does not come with a blower. Other than that, I don't have any dislikes. I would definitely buy the same stove again, and I would recommend it to friends ir family if they were looking for a wood stove.

Date created: 2016-10-28 Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Warm, cozy and cheap"
This upcoming winter is the second winter I'll have my Osburn wood stove, and so far I've been very happy with how it's been working out. I love that it can keep my entire downstairs area toasty warm even in the case of some kind of power outage. I especially like how it gives my house a cozy glow and it's perfect for when guests come over around the holidays. The stove has been working fine and I've never had any issues with it. I expect it to last many more years, but if it ever broke, I'd definitely replace it with another Osburn. My friends are jealous of it when they visit, and I always recommend the brand to someone if I know they're in the market for a wood stove. I think the price point was well worth it, and Osburn has many options to choose from. Overall I'm more than satisfied!

Date created: 2016-10-27 Location: Saint Louis, MI

"Great efficiency while being stylish to boot!"
I've owned this unit for about 6 months and I haven't been disappointed. It looks amazing and sleek, works beautifully, and is the perfect stove to cuddle up near on a chilly day. I really love the large viewing window so you can just sit back and lose yourself in the fire for hours. It is very relaxing. The Osburn Soho is also very efficient. Logs seem to last forever in it, and it heats up about 1000 square feet from what I've found. The only thing I don't really like about it is I find the wood storage compartment underneath to be a little on the tiny side. I haven't needed to repair or replace anything yet, and it still works like a charm. This is actually my first wood stove, and I wasn't sure about purchasing one, but after the performance of this unit I would most definitely recommend it to a friend.