Consumer Reviews of Jotul wood stoves

#2  of 21 brands of wood stoves

Read more about Jotul wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2017-01-24 Name: mk
Location: Townshend, VT

"i can live without it"
I love my wood stove. I have a Jotul F 500 and would not replace it with anything else. I live in the Northeast and it gets very cold in the winter. I have had my Jotul stove for 4 years now and it is amazing. I have never had to replace or fix it at all. I have had other wood stoves and nothing has compared to Jotul. We use our wood stove as our primary source of heat all winter and the temperature gets down into the negatives. My wood stove is great and I would highly recommend it to anyone. If need be I would 100 percent buy another Jotul wood stove. In fact, I am going to be purchasing another one for a workshop I have that also needs a heating source. In my opinion, there is nothing like the heat you get from a wood stove and I would say Jotul is one of, if not the best company to choose when you're in the market for a wood stove.

Date created: 2017-01-22 Name: DK
Location: Jay, Maine

"You're going to love your Jotul"
I just got the Jotul F400 this fall so this my first winter with it. It has completely changed our house and comfort level! We have saved so much money by burning wood vs oil it is amazing. We usually set the thermostat at 65 degrees in the winter and just deal with being chilly but so far we've burnt no oil and the house has averaged 70 degrees with only 3 cords of wood burnt so far. The Jotul is very efficient - a small arm load of wood lasts the whole night. It's a super heavy stove so there's a lot of thermal mass - once you heat it up it stays hot for while. It hold coals well, burns clean, has a beautiful finish on it and I love the decorative glass front. I would definitely recommend this stove and would buy another one in a heart beat given the opportunity. If you buy this stove you won't be disappointed. Just bring a friend or two to help you move it.

Date created: 2016-11-01 Location: St Ignatius, Montana

"I'm happy with my Jotul"
My little Jotul heats my home in Montana through the cold winter. It keeps my little cabin cozy and dry. It was the smallest model that Jotul offered and it is the perfect fit for my living space. It burns clean and heats up my whole cabin. It has a comforting feel to it that I love. I know no matter what that I will have heat because of my Jotul. The electricity can go out and I will still be safe and warm. I have had this little stove for 2 years now. I have never had to replace or repair it. I would recommend Jotul and this little classic model to anyone who has a smaller home or cabin they are wanting to heat with wood fire. This classic model has a cook top which I would not have bought it without. The only thing that I wish was different, or that I don't like about this stove is how small the glass window is. I wish I could see more of the fire not just the 6x4 inch or so window on the front. I can't imagine I will even need to buy another woodstove since the cast iron will last a lifetime, but if I did, I would definitely stick with the time tested Jotul brand.