Consumer Reviews of Harman wood stoves

#16  of 21 brands of wood stoves

Read more about Harman wood stoves

Read reviews of other Wood Stove brands

Date created: 2019-03-12 Name: Linda Burrows
Location: Beulah, Co

"Do not buy"
I purchased a Harman wood stove. Big investment, huge mistake! It "belches" smoke and ashes, leaving my entire home coated in dust. I am disabled and can not clean my house on a daily basis. I have called Harman...they say to call the dealer. The dealer says to call Harman. Could someone please tell me what a great wood stove would be? I can not go thru another winter like this. P.S. I need something that promises to heat my entire home effectively and CLEANLY.

Date created: 2019-01-31 Name: Timothy Kuchta
Location: Maryland

"300i insert bad"
The Harman 300I insert does not hold up. If your looking to burn nonstop to heat your home this stove is not for you after 2 yr inside of fire dome brick fell apart a 400 dollar part and I have replaced the right blower twice and left once 128 to 168 dollars each! It took installer 5 service calls to stop the bypass linkage from rattling and it still does occasionally all in all a 3800 dollar piece of junk! To contact Harman direct is virtually impossible.
Date created: 2018-11-16 Name: Edison mack
Location: New York

"Horrible stove"
We spent 4000 dollars on a wood stove in less than 2 years it nearly burned my house down. Call Harman and even though covered under warranty they still haven't fixed or replaced the stove. Horrible experience would never ever buy another stove from this company. When try talking to people at the company just keep getting switched to different people and voice mail boxes.
Date created: 2018-10-15 Name: Robert Brasie
Location: New York

"TL 2.0 very poor design"
Model TL 2.0, terrible break or crack in the middle every year no matter how careful. Poorly designed. Not worth $3,700. The warranty doesn't go very long. I'm so very unhappy with this girl for the money I paid I've called my dealer up in Herkimer, New York. He says it's out of warranty - two and a half years later.
Date created: 2018-10-15 Name: Charles Morris
Location: Colorado

"Customer service"
I have been trying to get someone from Harman for 2 years to fix my 5-year-old stove, which has a 10-year warranty. They will not even return the store's emails. I still have all the emails from the store. Would not recommend Harman to anyone and will never buy one again.
Date created: 2017-02-03 Name: SU
Location: Redlands, CA

"Took a bit to get used to, but I love it now!"
When I first receeived Harman Oakleaf wood stove, I had a bit of trouble setting it up and turning it on fully. But after I reviewed the manual and fiddled with it a bit, I got the hang of it. Now I use it quite frequently with my family and friends. My wife loves it especially. My wife and kids and I will often set up a board game in front of it on a weekend night. It warms a fairly large area, and it's quite economical. Very efficient for the price. Perfect for a quiet, relaxed night in on a cold night. Definitely would recommend to anyone considering purchasing a wood stove in this price range. Like I said, the one knock would be the slightly confusing directions on how to set up the whole thing. It's just a little overwhelming at first, although I do not consider myself an expert craftsman by any means. I've never had to replace the stove, and I don't expect to in the near future. I think it will last in my house for quite some time.
Date created: 2016-11-14 Name: JAL
Location: Harrisburg, PA

"Best investment ever!"
I have owned this wood stove for 2 years. When oil prices rose to almost $4 a gallon we knew we needed an alternative and since we have a large property with a lot of wood readily available, this was the choice. After one season of using it, it pretty much paid for itself. The thing I like most about this stove is the heat it puts out. I can be assured to be nice and toasty on those freezing winter nights. The other thing I like about it is how beautiful it looks. It really is a nice looking stove.There is nothing I dislike about this at all. I think it is one of the best investments we've made. Harman is a reputable brand here where I live. We have not had to have any repairs thus far. I would most certainly recommend this to a friend as well as buy Harman again.
Date created: 2016-11-03 Location: Herndon, PA

"I love a toasty fire!"
I have owned this Harman Oakwood for two years now, however we only just hooked it up a few months ago. The stove itself is very beautiful aesthetically. It really seems to go well in our farmhouse. I love the fact that we don't have to rely on oil to heat our home and this is the toastiest home around, despite being a drafty old home otherwise. It heats even our second floor. We have tons of firewood so for the price of the stove was one seasons worth of heating oil. We have not had any problems or needs for repair at this point. There is nothing I dislike about it, only thing is I'm extra cautious because of the kids. I would definitely recommend this stove to a friend and I would absolutely buy this brand again. I foresee this wood stove lasting a long time.