Consumer Reviews of Woodmaster wood furnaces

#11  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Woodmaster wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-11-09 Name: Derrick Kane
Location: Tecumseh, Mi

"4400"
The Woodmaster 4400 has been a great unit with little maintenance. I've replaced the door seal and the little rubber flapper on the blower.

Date created: 2016-11-08 Name: Debra Ziy
Location: Hartville, MO

" A great wood source"
We have had no trouble with our Wood Master. Has given us warmth during the winters.

Date created: 2016-11-08 Name: Ryan Griffin
Location: Michigan

"Wood Master Furnace"
I like the wood burner a lot. It has saved me thousands of dollars over the 10 years that I have owned it. Only problem that I have had is to replace chimney every three years. I would buy this brand again. Should be able to use this for many more years.

Date created: 2016-09-27 Name: M Philpot
Location: Tennessee

"Woodmaster 4400 review"
Paid a lot of money for the Woodmaster because the dealer sold me on the good warranty that the manufacturer offered. For 7 years it worked perfect. Cleaned ashes out regularly and once a year used Woodmaster brand water treatment purchased from dealer. Followed the maintenance instructions to the letter. On the 7th year the firebox started leaking. 1 leak turned into several. My dealer sent a welder out who does his service work and the welder took one look at it and said it looked like inferior metal. Photos were taken and submitted for a warranty. Woodmaster touted their 10-year warranty on the firebox at time of purchase. After submitting the warranty claim to Woodmaster, they replied that they would not cover anything because it looked like "ash corrosion" to them. Buyer beware, the ash corrosion clause written into their warranty is nothing more than a loophole for the company to jump through to avoid paying for anything related to the firebox. The warranty is only as good as the man or, in this case, company that is standing behind it and Woodmaster's warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. So my advice would be it's a very expensive investment. Go with a more reputable brand.

Date created: 2015-10-20 Name: Raymond Miller
Location: Norwalk, OH

"Woodmaster 434 SS"
I've own this Woodmaster for 20 years. I replaced the cotter pin from the solenoid to the damper several years ago, it wore through the pin. The blower motor is still working after all these years. I know the blower motors on the 4400 quit working after a couple years. I think it has something to do with the bigger door. My door is 20" by 20" and the 4400 is 24" by 24". I don't know why they made it so big, mine is plenty big. I like the round fire box, easier to clean compared to a square box. Would probably go to the 3300 if I ever had to replace it.

Date created: 2015-02-17 Name: Bill Thoma
Location: Crivitz, WI

"WoodMaster outdoor boiler failure"
I have a WoodMaster 3300 outdoor wood burner that started leaking after 3 years. The company would not stand behind their warranty. After 7 years it is completely untrustworthy, and the manufacturer and sales person won't return phone calls. I have heard similar complaints from others. Be careful if you are thinking about purchasing one. A very costly venture for me.

Date created: 2014-12-23 Name: Rick Clough
Location: Newtown, IN

"Woodmaster 434"
I have had the Woodmaster 434 going on 20 years! To say I am very satisfied is a huge understatement! This has been a extremely reliable boiler! Very simple to operate and maintain! Cons? None! Would I buy again or recommend? You betcha!

Date created: 2014-04-01 Name: Philip
Location: Springfield, MN

"If you like to babysit"
Bought three of the burners and burning wood pellets. All junk. Have to babysit and replace parts on a weekly basis to keep the furnaces going. They are installed indoors even and still have issues. Not worth the investment at all!! Of course now we are stuck with them.

Date created: 2014-03-17 Name: jeremy dupont
Location: middleburgh ny

"Built for the long haul"
Have owned a Woodmaster 4400 for 11years. I fill the stove once a day heating 2500 square feet. Had a problem with fan shrowd in the dead of winter, Woodmaster gave me a complete new door with fan/fan shrowd at no cost! With simple construction of the Woodmaster I could change the door in 10 min and never had to shut my stove down. I have told everyone that asks me about my stove that it is the best there is and have had many friends that have bought one. Keep up the good work!

Date created: 2014-02-15 Name: Jensen
Location: Wisconsin

"1100 used for 6 seasons - nothing but trouble."
I have used the 1100 Corn/pellet furnace for 6 seasons. There are multiple design problems with this furnace. Augering is undersized and under powered. I have had the moving parts of this furnace replaced four times yet it still has issues. The sales/service person is unresponsive as is the engineering staff at the company. The company claims it is something I am doing wrong but they can't tell me what I am doing wrong. Invitations to my property have gone unanswered. Service person will no longer work on the stove. He will get parts for me but will not install them. Furnace does not completely burn pellets, most end in the ash bin partially burned. If you tweak the controls to get a better burn, you end up burning the metal parts inside the burn chamber. I would suggest NEVER buy this stove. I am currently in the market for a furnace (Wood this time - no more corn or pellets) that I will not have to spend hours working on in the middle of Winter in below zero wind chills. I wish I could give this furnace a negative number rating!