Consumer Reviews of Woodmaster wood furnaces

#20  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Woodmaster wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-08-03 Name: Heydi
Location: iiFkbApdW

"Heydi"
I am exploring the possibility of building a Passivhaus in my garden. As our southern boundary runs alongside a major raf helicopter training base, dealing with noise is a key issue. Your comments regarding the effectiveness of triple glazing were really quite reassuring, although we've lived alongside the airfield for eleven years, and it's never really been as difficult to live with as we feared before we moved here. I rather like the idea of high thermal mass in the walls, partly to reduce noise, but also to maintain even temperatures. However most people seem to think timber frame is the best route. Our existing house is part of a very large Barn conversion, and we have 40cm thick masonry walls, which are brilliant. Even in the hottest heatwave we're cool indoors, and we're almost immune from power cuts in winter, because the house takes a long time to cool down when the heating goes off. That's why I favor high thermal mass. It also keeps the aircraft noise out very effectively. The roof is insulated with Rockwool, and overall the house, despite being converted to 1990 standards is surprisingly energy efficient. Do you have any views on the thermal mass issue?

Date created: 2012-04-23 Location: Wooster, Ohio

"Wood Burning Furnace and How Well it Preforms"
What I like the most about my LT90 WoodMaster is that it has cut our propane use by 70 percent. Me and my family love it because they never complain about what the thermostat is set on because it's never on!

Date created: 2012-04-11 Location: Rensselaer, IN

"Woodmaster 4400: Master of Wood Furnaces"
I've got a 4400 Woodmaster outdoor wood furnace and love it. I've had it for the past three years. I heat a 3300 sq-ft house with radiant heat in the basement and a 50 hot water tank. I load my stove once a day about 2/3 full with a good thick layer of ash in the bottom. I would recommend it to anyone. If you have poor underground piping however, this is not the proper product for you. Also, you must have a large enough pump. Mine isn't quite large enough to make the heat last as long. I've never needed to repair it. It works very well and requires little maintenance. I would buy the same brand again definitely, and I would recommend it to all.

Date created: 2012-02-10 Name: J. Fennell
Location: Bainbridge, OH

"Woodmaster 434 (4400)"
Woodmaster 434, which is the predecessor of the 4400 (same design) Have had since 2001, burning constantly (Domestic hot water and radiant heat). Replace door gasket about every 3 years. Dealer network is shaky. Dealer promptly went out of business after I bought mine, and there isn't another within 100 miles. He did a poor job on the tubing going to the house (underinsulated). Had to replace every 1" compression fitting in the system (all leaked in first year) Use Shark Bite fittings. 10 years, no leaks. Woodmaster's dhw heat exchanger arrangement is substandard, but works. Replaced the Taco 0011 circulator pump at year #8. Exterior steel is rusting through now. Parts are fairly easy to get from woodmaster website. Unit burns okay, but is not very efficient. I've gotten a lot of use out of it, and don't regret my purchase; but with technology improvements of late, am upgrading to a gasifier unit - non- Woodmaster.

Date created: 2012-02-07 Location: Petosky, Mi

"Great wood furnace"
I have owned my woodmaster furnace for a little over 2 years. I think my favorite feature on the furnace is the temperature control. I had a very old wood stove before this and there was no temperature control on it. This one does and it's awesome. I had no idea that burners actually had those until I started to look around to replace my old stove. As of right now I don't really dislike anything about this burner. It has stepped up to the plate everyday that I have needed it. The only thing that I had to replace on it was the light bulb in the light. But that is so simple enough I don't think it should count. I would recommend this stove to anyone. Or even this brand of stove. I like to heat my garage to so that is why I went with the bigger one. It works wonders!

Date created: 2012-01-26 Location: Red Hook, New York

"I am very happy with my Woodmaster wood furnace."
I am very happy with my wood furnace. I own a Woodmaster 3300. I use it to heat my home in Red Hook, New York, which is mid-state, so while I do not experience the brutally cold winters of upstate, it still gets very cold here in the winter. The house is on the smaller side, so heating it is especially inexpensive. This particular furnace has always been run with wood pellets, and has never experienced any problems. It was installed in fall of 2009. In addition to keeping the house very warm, the water is also kept warm. Three people live in this house and cold showers never occur. Additionally, it does not take long for water to heat up either. The wood furnace is more than satisfactory. It is far less expensive than conventional heating fuels, and just as efficient. It is an investment I would make again, and will make again if I ever move. I would also recommend it.

Date created: 2012-01-26 Location: New York, NY

"Flex Fuel (60 kW model) is great!"
I love it this outdoor furnace. I bought it 6 or so months ago and the only thing I don't like is that there aren't any dealers "close" to me. The dealer that I got it from is now currently no longer in business. Dealer service is very important if buying any kind of outdoor boiler. My Woodmaster furnace is fairly simple with not many parts that would need replacing. If I ever had to replace the thermoststs, the local heating and cooling place sells them. I did research for about 12 months before deciding on the Woodmaster. There are tons of companies that say theirs is better than anyones. Your best bet is see if any local people have the brand you are looking at.

Date created: 2012-01-24 Location: Greer, AZ

"Very pleasant edition to my cabin!"
We purchased this furnace a few months ago to keep our cabin warm during the winter. The furnace is absolutely amazing. It has kept our cabin very warm when we have been up there and it allows us to adjust the heat settings of our cabin very quickly. However the item is very bulky which is one negative sense it has to sit upon a hill next to the window of our cabin. Due to its size sometimes it gets covered in snow when we are not around which creates a mess when we want to use it again. The overall quality of the furnace is admirable since we have had to make no repairs to it which is a huge advantage of owning this brand. Overall i would most certainly buy this same brand again and i would also recommend it to many of our neighbors at our cabin. Overall it is a great buy especially for those who don't want a huge heating bill in the winter months. It's swift, effective, and all around a good product.