Consumer Reviews of United States Stove Company wood furnaces

#27  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about United States Stove Company wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2011-12-01 Location: Richmond, TX

"Great addition to the house, I could not live with out my US Stove 1600EF Outdoor Furnace."
Overall, I am Very Satisfied with this furnace. I have had a few in the past and so far this work the best. I have only had this furnace for a few month and have only used it a handful of times, but i love it! I have a 2,800 sq ft house and this furnace can heat the house. It buts out 180,000 BTU, that is a lot. My only draw back was the price. But sometimes you have to pay for quality. I have not used it much , but i guess i will finally see how it really holds up in the winter. I live in Texas, so it will only be used for about a month. Hoping that this will last me 10 yrs. I have a few friends that are in the market for a new furnace and i have told them how easy this one it, NO headaches.

Date created: 2011-11-28 Location: Copper Harbor, MI

"The US Stove 1600EF: a Solid Choice"
I like to get away from people, and since I mostly telecommute I can work anywhere that gets a satellite signal. I guilt a little cottage up near Copper Harbor a while ago, and I like to head up there a couple times a year to get away from the big city (my company is headquartered in Detroit). Since it's a monstrous inconvenience having a small town snake utilities out ten miles into the woods, I decided to heat with a self sufficient system. The 1600EF is a good heating unit for my needs. As advertised, it keeps the smoke and fuel out of your hair, which is important when you are working with very little space (I like to bring my painting kit and do landscapes in my free time too). A lot of folks might be leery about installing a furnace that's outside the house, especially in cold climates, but I've found that if it's properly installed it will heat your home just fine. The unit has been in place for three years now and has not needed repairs. I clean it whenever I come up to the cottage; once I had to replace the flue which had been damaged by birds (following some on-line recommendations I switched from metal only to metal in an insulated wooden enclosure, problem solved). I would hands down buy this unit again, although part of that is that the market is not saturated very well with outdoor furnaces, and it's an expensive purchase to take risks with. I would recommend the 1600EF to friends, with the caveat that you should make sure it will heat the size of building you install it to, Prospective owners should also be aware that with an outdoor furnace, you have to go outside to refuel it- I personally enjoy the bracing walk around back, but a nighttime stroll through horizontal sleet in December to throw wood in your furnace may not be for everyone.

Date created: 2011-11-25 Location: Missoula, MT

"Awesome outdoor wood furnace in Missoula, MT"
I have owned the US Stove Company outdoor wood burning furnace for about 6 months. It heats a primitive log cabin home that I own in Missoula, MT. I have also owned one other U.S. Stove Company furnace. This was a few years ago and I cannot remember the model but I was incredibly satisfied. This satisfaction was my reason for purchasing another US Stove Company furnace. I like my current furnace because it is incredibly easy to use and came with an awesome warranty. Also, it has heated my home consistently, meaning that the level of heat seems even. The only thing I dislike is the color. It looks like something that should sit outside of a nuclear power plant. As of yet I have had absolutely no issues with this furnace. I could not be happier with it's functioning. I would definitely purchase the same brand again, although I may shop around a bit more to find a better price.

Date created: 2011-11-25 Location: Princeton, NJ

"Love My US Stove Company Furnace"
I am very pleased with our United States Stove Co. Furnace. We have had it since 2010 and have fallen in love with it. We have enjoyed having is ever since we purchased it. It saves us a ton of money in heating costs and we really enjoy having it. We have had absolutely NO complaints so far at all. We have the ability to burn spare tree limbs and stuff around the yard which is fantastic. It is a very economically smart move to have one of these. The initial cost is well worth it in the long haul. It is great on those cold, winter nights that we have! This machine is great; it is easy to load wood into and easier to operate (anyone can do it really). I recommend it to anyone who is looking to purchase such a machine. You cannot beat the quality of this one!