Consumer Reviews of United States Stove Company wood furnaces

Read more about United States Stove Company wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-04-27 Location: Richmond, VA

"Worst wood-burning ANYTHING"
We just bought a US Stove 1500 Warm Air Hotblast Furnace for our family's cabin through a local handy-man service. After looking at the prices on Amazon, I realized that we were ripped off! Almost a thousand dollars more than they charge. It wouldn't be so bad if it actually worked well, but it seems to leak air almost constantly. I'm not sure if it was a bad install job or a bad furnace, but I would never buy their product again.

Date created: 2012-04-11 Location: Desert Hot Springs, Ca

"Quality Outdoor Wood Furnace"
My husband and I purchased this furnace about 4 months ago from our local Home Depot. We did have to pick it up in store because we could not get it shipped in our area, but with a little man power we easily got it to our home. The installation was incredibly easy as it simply connected to our existing ductwork (with two parts that are supplied by the US Stove manufacturer). Though my husband typically is the one who uses the furnace, I am not aware of any parts he has had to replace yet, or repair, for that matter. My only complaint is the fact that this furnace is designed to heat a 3,000 sq. ft house, and ours is slightly larger than that. However, that is not a complaint on the furnace, we should have taken that into further consideration when we purchased it. All in all, good performance overall, and we would recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2012-02-20 Location: Central, Tx

"US Stove 1602R Clayton Wood furnace"
I bought this last year to avoid heating from propane. I have owned it for almost 13 months now. I set it up as a stand alone unit. For the first month my propane bill went to almost $0.00 for the entire month. I am still trying to completely get the best settings, but I am confident that I will be able to make it more efficient. Make sure you follow the directions when you are installing it because it can be quite difficult. I have never had to make a repair on it. I would recommend this to anyone who needs or wants a wood furnace. I am very pleased with the quality of this unit and will buy the same brand again if I need another one.

Date created: 2012-02-07 Location: Texarkana, Tx

"Very durable wood burning furnace, worth the money"
There was a horrible ice storm several years ago, with no electricity around for up to 30 miles away. The electricity was off for exactly 11 days, so when my husband and I got married, we knew that we couldn't take the chance of being without electricity, heat, and with three young children, so we started searching for a wood burning furnace. We started checking at local stores like Home Depot and Lowe's, but we found that they rarely kept them in stores, and they had to be ordered online, so we got online to look and found the US Stove Company, 3600 square feet wood furnace. We had used this furnace for four winters, and we it still looks just like it did the day we bought it. It was really smokey the first time we used it, but it was fine after that. We have yet to have to clean out the chimney part of the furnace, but only use this furnace maybe 2-3 months out of the year, sometimes 4, depending on the winter we are having. It's very durable, and well worth the money we spent on it.

Date created: 2012-01-24 Location: Nashville, TN

"US Stove 1602R Clayton Wood/Burner Furnace"
I've had this furnace for around a year or so. It's not the greatest but it's not the worst. I would definitely say it's not your money's worth but sometimes you are just stuck with things. One good thing is that I haven't had to replace it yet and I hope I won't have to for years to come. Then that just might change my mind somewhat about it. As of right now, I would not recommend this to anyone. I probably wouldn't buy this same brand again, or let alone a wood furnace. Wood furnace's aren't for everyone, but if you are looking to get something that's not too expensive and works alright, then this would be what you are looking for.

Date created: 2012-01-18 Location: Gloucester, MA

"Ashley Wood Burning Stove is Terrific"
I purchased this product this past year to replace my old wood burning stove and couldn't be happier. It circulates air perfectly and is far more efficient than our previous stove. We have a 1800 sq ft house in Massachusetts and this works great, granted we haven't had the coldest winter. But, this past weekend when the temperatures were 10-15 degrees the house was plenty warm. I would recommend this others, the price was great for the quality of heat this provides my home. Also, based upon what I have found, the stove is well crafted with a metal casing. I am very happy I purchased this stove and when it does come time, hopefully not soon, I would buy again.

Date created: 2011-12-22 Location: Owingsville, KY

"The best investment I have made in years"
I bought my first wood furnace last November with a little skeptical, but now I am a truly 100% converted to my outdoor wood furnace. This stove saves me literally 1500 dollars every winter that I would have spent on natural gas heat. This savings over a period of two years almost pays for the unit alone. It can handle bigger logs up to 28 inches and over 100 pounds of coal, which allow for longer burn times and allows me to get a warm toasty night's sleep, without having to go outside and add fuel to the furnace. I have had zero problems out of this unit and it seems to be built solid. The massive 1800 CFM blower has no problem heating my 2700 square foot house and is as quiet as any central heating and air system. Overall, I would recommend this unit to anyone looking to save money on there winter heating bills.

Date created: 2011-12-16 Location: New York

"Wonderful US Stove 1500 Outdoor Furnace"
About two years ago, I found myself in a position where I needed to purchase an outdoor furnace for my vacation home. It's a small cottage in the mountains and is really a reclusive spot. I came across this US Stove 1500 on the internet one day while searching. I ordered it and installed it myself. I found the furnace to be very easy to install. It runs quiet, and provides a good blast of heat and coverage. In two years of owning it, I have not had to do any maintenance or replacements on it whatsoever. It's held up great and I expect it to last for many years to come. I would definately buy the same brand of furnace again. I found their products to be of high quality.

Date created: 2011-12-12 Location: Alexandria, LA

"Great Outdoor Furnace that Works Well"
We've had our outdoor furnace for about three years now. We like that it will take wood or coal either, though we've never tried coal in it. The only down side is that firewood is so expensive right now - at least in our area - so we only use it when absolutely necessary, such as right now, when the temperature is dropping into the mid to low 30s every night and our central heat can't keep up. Our house is a little bigger than the 3000 feet the furnace says it can handle, but it hasn't been a problem so far. It's keeping up with warming our house very well. We've never had to repair it, so that's great or saving money, as well. If it went out, I would definitely buy one again because our little central air unit can't quite keep up with our heating needs, and I would recommend it to a friend who needs a reliable way to warm their home.

Date created: 2011-12-01 Location: Richmond, TX

"Great addition to the house, I could not live with out my US Stove 1600EF Outdoor Furnace."
Overall, I am Very Satisfied with this furnace. I have had a few in the past and so far this work the best. I have only had this furnace for a few month and have only used it a handful of times, but i love it! I have a 2,800 sq ft house and this furnace can heat the house. It buts out 180,000 BTU, that is a lot. My only draw back was the price. But sometimes you have to pay for quality. I have not used it much , but i guess i will finally see how it really holds up in the winter. I live in Texas, so it will only be used for about a month. Hoping that this will last me 10 yrs. I have a few friends that are in the market for a new furnace and i have told them how easy this one it, NO headaches.