Consumer Reviews of United States Stove Company wood furnaces

Read more about United States Stove Company wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-10-18 Name: j w sharp
Location: Southeast Michigan

"King pellet stove 5500XL"
Always broken. I've received no help from the company, outside of reading out of the same manual that came with the stove. If I were to buy half the parts they try to sell me, I could buy a real pellet stove. It worked one year and is giving a different fail code every time you try and start it, but the system test shows all components are working. The junk man can have this one. I'd rather pay for propane.

Date created: 2014-10-14 Name: Tina
Location: Gregory, MI

"King Pellets stove is junk!"
We bought a pellet stove from United States Stove Company (US Stove)! Bad choice. They are junk! From the day we bought it, we were troubleshooting over the phone everyday to get it to run and stay going. We were sent replacement parts, and it still will not stay running. Tried to get a replacement stove but they refuse, even after day of sending in pictures and loads of paper work! Terrible customer service! Save your money and buy somewhere else! Do not buy from US Stove Company! You won't be happy.

Date created: 2014-09-04 Name: Upset Brian
Location: Northeast Indiana

"Caught fire"
I have had my stove a few years now! The first year I owned it, I had to replace the control board and ignitor. I have never been able to keep the window from turning black. Even 10 minutes after turning it on, the fire was non visible. Then, last winter, I came home from work and smelled smoke. Thought the wife opened the door to the stove but she didn't. I walked over to the stove and went to lift the pellet lid and burnt my hand! Used a pair of pliers to open the lid, and flames shot out of the pellet hopper three feet tall in the middle of my living room. I have a house full of little kids and this is our main heat source. When I called United States Stove they asked what my concern was. I told them all about it and they asked for a receipt. I didn't have it anymore. The tractor supply I bought the unit from closed and they said they couldn't help me. This upset me so I tore it apart to see what happened. Come to find out, the pellet auger broke and the fire fed back up into the hopper and caught on fire. Do not buy their stove, they are junk!

Date created: 2014-03-24 Name: Cindy
Location: Michigan

"Multifuel pellet stove"
Bought stove 12/23/13 and have not been able to use it because always broken. Service is bad, will send parts but when asked for a replacement stove they will not fix now. Breaks down every 3 days, now they refuse to send parts. Rotten service, not happy with company. Recommend not buying US Stove products.

Date created: 2014-03-07 Name: Zachary Kiliszewski
Location: Sand Lake MI

"Frustrated"
I bought this stove on December 16th and it worked well for two weeks.This is the worst American made product that I have ever purchased- 4,200 dollars. I tried for two days to contact customer service and got nowhere.The paint is coming off the door, the agitator motor has been replaced, the agitator itself burned up after a month.The vacuum switch went bad. The place I bought the stove told me to call up and complain, but I can't get ahold of anyone. It's to the point of getting my money back or getting a lawyer.

Date created: 2013-12-03 Name: Jeffrey Gaudette
Location: Onaway, MI

"Ashley/King 5500M Wood Pellet Stove"
Very poor stove. Cheaply made, substandard parts and components. Experienced an unceasing cascade of failures. I have over $461.00 invested in parts. Now, the Pcb igniter board failed requiring another $415.00 to replace it. Avoid US Stove Company's products at all costs!

Date created: 2013-11-11 Name: larry stanfield
Location: poland indiana

"Possible Fire Hazard"
This is my 3rd US Stove. Other 2 worked good for years. This new on model 1602R has been in use since last winter and now for a total of about 4 months. It started blowing burnt paper into the house through the ducts. Could have burnt the house down. Came to find out the problem was that during manufacture of the fiberglass insulation around the firebox was installed with paper duct tape on it from probably when it was rolled from factory. US Stove neglected to remove masking tape and it caught on fire inside the stove and burned the insulation sending it into the house when blower was on. Thank god we noticed the burnt paper. Have contacted US Stove with the problem. Hopefully they will assist in getting stove going again and not be a fire hazard. Considering contacting State Fire Marshal to alert consumers of the possible problem.

Date created: 2013-11-10 Name: Russ Shaber
Location: Denver, CO

"Bad Company"
These guys are bad people and they sell bad products and they do not support their products. The pellet stove that I bought broke down twice in one season. They gave bad advice and got me to buy parts that I didn't need. And they don't carry the parts that I do need. Do not buy from US Stove.

Date created: 2013-03-21 Name: alisa
Location: new york

6041 pellet stove is a pos ... Nothing but problems with this stove and the company is just as bad as the product .. Never again will a stove made by ussc be in my home ..

Date created: 2013-02-21 Name: Sarah Diegel
Location: diegels@michigan.gov

"Blowers Dont Last"
I have bought the 1500 hot blast wood furnace and had it for 4 years. On my 3rd set of blowers, they only have a 1 year warranty and cost $200 to replace each blower. It's pretty sad because they only get used 4 months out of the year.