Consumer Reviews of United States Stove Company wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-10-27 Name: Michael
Location: Monticello, NY

"Bad company"
This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have been in business for 40 years and never have been more dissatisfied. If you are reading this review, do yourself a favor and buy a stove from a different company. US Stove Company is the worst! Their products are junk. I have been battling them for a year, trying to get some help, and I am finally giving up. Don't Buy a US Stove product, simply because you will have no service available to you when you need it.

Date created: 2014-10-14 Name: Tina
Location: Gregory, MI

"King Pellets stove is junk!"
We bought a pellet stove from United States Stove Company (US Stove)! Bad choice. They are junk! From the day we bought it, we were troubleshooting over the phone everyday to get it to run and stay going. We were sent replacement parts, and it still will not stay running. Tried to get a replacement stove but they refuse, even after day of sending in pictures and loads of paper work! Terrible customer service! Save your money and buy somewhere else! Do not buy from US Stove Company! You won't be happy.

Date created: 2014-09-04 Name: Upset Brian
Location: Northeast Indiana

"Caught fire"
I have had my stove a few years now! The first year I owned it, I had to replace the control board and ignitor. I have never been able to keep the window from turning black. Even 10 minutes after turning it on, the fire was non visible. Then, last winter, I came home from work and smelled smoke. Thought the wife opened the door to the stove but she didn't. I walked over to the stove and went to lift the pellet lid and burnt my hand! Used a pair of pliers to open the lid, and flames shot out of the pellet hopper three feet tall in the middle of my living room. I have a house full of little kids and this is our main heat source. When I called United States Stove they asked what my concern was. I told them all about it and they asked for a receipt. I didn't have it anymore. The tractor supply I bought the unit from closed and they said they couldn't help me. This upset me so I tore it apart to see what happened. Come to find out, the pellet auger broke and the fire fed back up into the hopper and caught on fire. Do not buy their stove, they are junk!

Date created: 2014-03-24 Name: Cindy
Location: Michigan

"Multifuel pellet stove"
Bought stove 12/23/13 and have not been able to use it because always broken. Service is bad, will send parts but when asked for a replacement stove they will not fix now. Breaks down every 3 days, now they refuse to send parts. Rotten service, not happy with company. Recommend not buying US Stove products.

Date created: 2013-12-03 Name: Jeffrey Gaudette
Location: Onaway, MI

"Ashley/King 5500M Wood Pellet Stove"
Very poor stove. Cheaply made, substandard parts and components. Experienced an unceasing cascade of failures. I have over $461.00 invested in parts. Now, the Pcb igniter board failed requiring another $415.00 to replace it. Avoid US Stove Company's products at all costs!

Date created: 2013-11-11 Name: larry stanfield
Location: poland indiana

"Possible Fire Hazard"
This is my 3rd US Stove. Other 2 worked good for years. This new on model 1602R has been in use since last winter and now for a total of about 4 months. It started blowing burnt paper into the house through the ducts. Could have burnt the house down. Came to find out the problem was that during manufacture of the fiberglass insulation around the firebox was installed with paper duct tape on it from probably when it was rolled from factory. US Stove neglected to remove masking tape and it caught on fire inside the stove and burned the insulation sending it into the house when blower was on. Thank god we noticed the burnt paper. Have contacted US Stove with the problem. Hopefully they will assist in getting stove going again and not be a fire hazard. Considering contacting State Fire Marshal to alert consumers of the possible problem.

Date created: 2013-11-10 Name: Russ Shaber
Location: Denver, CO

"Bad Company"
These guys are bad people and they sell bad products and they do not support their products. The pellet stove that I bought broke down twice in one season. They gave bad advice and got me to buy parts that I didn't need. And they don't carry the parts that I do need. Do not buy from US Stove.

Date created: 2013-03-21 Name: alisa
Location: new york

6041 pellet stove is a pos ... Nothing but problems with this stove and the company is just as bad as the product .. Never again will a stove made by ussc be in my home ..

Date created: 2013-02-21 Name: Sarah Diegel
Location: [email protected]

"Blowers Dont Last"
I have bought the 1500 hot blast wood furnace and had it for 4 years. On my 3rd set of blowers, they only have a 1 year warranty and cost $200 to replace each blower. It's pretty sad because they only get used 4 months out of the year.

Date created: 2013-02-10 Name: T. Heim
Location: Ktown, Pa.

I bought the model 6041 pellet stove from U.S. Stove Company. I had the stove for 3 weeks and nothing but trouble from day 1. It would burn for good for 2 days then the fire box would be overflowing with hot pellets. The last straw was when the auger kept jamming on the pellet feed to the point we could not keep the stove running anymore. Countless hours trying to work with the stove and make it operate correctly. The customer service is a joke they do not help at all. A 3 week old stove and they want you to try and repair it yourself. After sitting 3 days with no heat in this part of our home and no help from U.S. Stove Company I finally took the stove back where I got it for a full refund. Thank god those people were better than U.S. Stove. I would never buy another product from this company. I understand problems or defects can arise with these stoves but you need to stand behind what you sell. All my neighbors have Harman stoves and love them. Good stoves good service. Too bad I tried to save a couple dollars lesson learned.