Consumer Reviews of United States Stove Company wood furnaces

Read more about United States Stove Company wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-12-08 Name: rick barker
Location: indy

Bought a 1600ef US Stove. Worked good 1st season then blower went out. Replaced it 2 weeks later, then the limit switch went out. Replaced it the next season, and then the limit switch went out again. Then the blower motor went out. Would not buy another one. Poor design.

Date created: 2015-12-01 Name: Charles
Location: Warsaw, IN

"Pieces of junk"
This past week I went to TSC and bought a King pellet stove. I ran it for 2 hours on level 3, then when I went to turn it down it flashed error 8, a blown fan motor fuse due to a bad room fan motor. Tech support answer was to splice wires and hard wire an extension cord to fan! So I took it back and traded for an Ashley, got it home and the control board was missing half the wiring harness. Went back to TSC and they gave me another one out of the display model. Finally got it fired up and the room fan would only kick on at level 5, exhaust fan ran on all levels, but otherwise would sit there and overheat. So I took it back. Do not buy a stove with US Stove Company on the unit

Date created: 2015-12-01 Name: jay Williams
Location: milan, nh

"Terrible company Terrible product"
John Journellon February 25, 2015 Junk grates, I also have been through 3 of them in the last 2 years. The 3rd one I have already scrapped, here is 2 of the 3. J U N K ! I have been burning Coal for over 40 years, and never had this kind of problem out of Grates until now. I contacted customer service via email at US Stove Company, to get ignored.

Date created: 2015-11-13 Name: Jack
Location: Edinboro, PA

"Very poor quality"
Have been heating with wood for 30 years and have owned a couple of homes with different wood burning stoves and furnaces and have never seen anything so incredibly bad as the US Stove Company 30A that I installed two years ago. It's absolute complete junk and needs to be replaced. The steel has warped and both the heat shield and sliding damper have large holes in them where the metal just fell apart. Very poor customer service. I'll never buy another one of their products. Someone should organize a class action law suit.

Date created: 2015-03-10 Name: Mike
Location: Indiana

"Stay away from US Stove Company"
I'm on my second stove in one year. The first one was riddled with problems. It only worked for 1 week then just stopped. Their customer service is friendly but doesn't seem to care. They had me completely rebuild my first stove by sending me all of the replaceable parts inside of it one by one until they decided that the stove was just a lemon. They finally agreed to replace the stove and that took 3 months to finally get the replacement. The replacement stove worked perfectly for 2 months and then the auger broke. I just today received the parts to fix it. I just can't believe how bad the quality is on these American- made stoves.

Date created: 2015-02-24 Name: Steven Pugh
Location: Maine

"Trash"
Us Stove Company sells terrible products. They use us but their junk is made in China. I've had nothing but problems with this stove. Please don't buy anything from this so-called company.

Date created: 2015-01-27 Name: Les
Location: Pennsylvania

"8500 King Furnace"
Don't buy this junk. They do not honor their warranty. I was on the phone with them for one week. It takes 7 bags of pellets a day for a temperature of 70 degrees. No adjustment allowed this furnace to reduce the pellets and keep the temperature. I have to return this unit. I paid $1651 for installation, which is now my loss because this junk doesn't work. This is the worst experience I've ever had with any company. This company should be put out of business. I've never seen a company that doesn't honor their warranty for a brand new unit that was purchased through Home Depot. Home Depot will take it back and refund my money.

Date created: 2015-01-14 Name: Mike
Location: TN

"Service stinks"
U.S. Stove did not support their products. I will share 8 pages of correspondence with them to anyone that wants it. Then you can form your own opinion. I would not deal with Northern Tool either. They sell us Stove junk and they wont stand behind the sale.

Date created: 2015-01-12 Name: Kurt R Bryson
Location: Huntington, WV

"Garbage with no customer service"
The first thing is, they refuse to honor the warranty, saying they have no record of my registration. Really? Second, the cage brackets on the blower motor cracked and the shaker grate handle hub broke off on its first use. The alloy of the grate is not good for its use, it has a substandard firebrick and it also cracks horribly under normal use. Replacement parts are triple overpriced and should have been warranty items. If I lived closer I would be picketing outside their plant/office on my days off!

Date created: 2014-11-26 Name: David Searles
Location: Rutland, VT

"Boat anchor"
I have two pellet stoves. One is a Harmon P38. After 8 years, the Harmon needed a new control board. It cost something like $150. After 2 years, the United States Stove Company 6039 needs a control board. It cost $400.00.