Consumer Reviews of Taylor wood furnaces

#17  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Taylor wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2013-09-25 Name: Randy
Location: Augusta, WI

"Taylor 450"
We have had our stove for 5 years. Load only once a day unless temperature are below zero. Small wood box is only 24 x 24 and 36" deep. Heat house and water for a wheelbarrow's worth of wood a day! Cleaning does take sometime, best to do at the end of a heat cycle.

Date created: 2012-09-21 Name: C. Nicely
Location: Alleghany Co., VA

"Love the furnace"
My husband and I have owned a Taylor for 18 years. In that time, we have replaced the fan twice and the water pump once (both were available at Grainger). It has a really big firebox which keeps you from hitting your knuckles on the sides when you load it. You do have to be smart about how you use it. If you load all pine, you'll have boil over and have to add water. If you clean out all the ashes, the floor of the stove might burn through, but leaving a bed of hot coals has worked perfectly for us. In normal Virginia mountain winters, we load it once daily. If the temperature gets down into the single digits, we have to load it twice. The only thing we dislike is cleaning it. The creosote buildup is tough to scrape out if you let it get away from you. All in all, it has paid for itself many times over.

Date created: 2012-01-27 Location: Beaverton, OR

"Taylor 750 Review"
We've had a Taylor 750 for six years now. Operating in temperate coastal area we burn about nine cords per fall, winter and early spring to heat 3,000 sq ft house via radiant floor heat (1999 construction standards; five radiant floor heat zones) and all domestic hot water. It is a good unit - smokes when starting up, but when the unit is to temperature, 180 degrees, it burns clean. Load the cubic yard fire box once a day in temps in 50s; twice in 30s or below. Emergency generator runs pumps and fan that "stokes" the Taylor when it needs more heat. Good buy. Good unit, although the metal sheeting on the roof next to the chimney rusted through after the 3rd year. Replace with galvanized steel and now runs perfect again.

Date created: 2011-12-01 Name: james beckner
Location: charleston wv

"Warranty no good unless you take back to factory"
If furnace has water leaks you have to take furnace out and rent a truck or trailer. Stove wieght is appox 1600 punds. Miss work, pay for motel and wait till its repaired -- that's what I was told by factoy rep. I am very sorry I purchaced this t450 furnace. I live in West Virginia -- they are located in North Carolina.This was not told to me when looked at this funnace. They told me I had a 5year warranty. But now the warranty is only good if you take it back to factory.