Consumer Reviews of Shaver wood furnaces

#32  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Shaver wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-02-07 Name: Gary Calabrese
Location: CT

I bought my Shaver in 2008. It sprung a leak. Pours in the ash pan like Niagara falls. I used water treatment continuously. I have gone through 2 grates already, the door never shut correctly since the purchase. You will never get a call back from these guys. I have left numerous messages. Do yourself a favor and do not buy from them. They are crooks!

Date created: 2013-10-05 Name: Jason
Location: Kansas

"Shaver 165"
I purchased the Shaver 165 in 2012. I was informed it would come with poker, manual, and water treatment. I received it with no poker, 1/2 of the manual was missing, and no water treatment. I contacted Weldrite and they send a new manual and a poker. I used the Shaver website and ordered the PEX pipe and parts from the recommended person on their site. The PEX was installed and leaked. I had to email the place I ordered the PEX from, send pictures, and have my plumber email them too. I did get the 110 feet of PEX replaced. It will cost $400 to have the old PEX pipe that leaked, removed, and replaced. The pipe that fills the tank was cracked. I contacted the salesperson Ben, who said he no longer sold for Weldrite because of these issues. I contacted Weldrite to confirm and they informed me that Ben continued to sell for them and had sold 20+ furnaces that month. Weldrite informed me they could not assist me because it was the end of the burn season. But would give me some sort of discount the next burn season. I could never contact anyone and to this day, get the run around. At this time, I have PEX pipe that leaks. I never received the water treatment I was promised when I purchased it. I have never received a discount for anything, and I am not a satisfied customer. I would not recommend the Shaver to anyone and I did a lot of research before purchasing the Shaver and took a chance, and wish I wouldn't have.

Date created: 2013-07-19 Name: s pierce
Location: mo

"Poor Warranty"
Had a Shaver stove since 2008. Developed a leak, has always had treatment every year and tested their warranty sucks. Their customer service is worse, would never buy a Shaver.

Date created: 2012-11-07 Name: Vanessa K
Location: Central Wisconsin

"Furnace? what furnace?"
I would love to be writing about how great this furnace is and how warm it's keeping my home but, it never showed up! We ordered this furnace back in mid September with a furnace production date of September 25th and was told that it would be on the next truck up north November 1st. We expected our furnace to show up sometime last weekend. Nothing showed up!!!!!! My husband called on Monday and they of course give him the run around people not knowing a thing! Little did we know our stove had not even been in production yet... my husband gets a hold of Ben in the plant all he has to say is what my husband wants to hear. Someones on vacation and roads are closed blah blah blah! I am irritate because we have a new construction therefore have no heat other than this dinky heater because our stove was suppose to be here by now! Anyway my husband gets off the phone with an approximately time frame of right after Thanksgiving.... what??? Meanwhile we freeze? I myself called the company pissed off because I have three children that are living here as well and should not have to be cold! I got the same run around still 2 days later we are not even in production nor do they have our furnace on a route. They just told my husband on Monday all the details and still they have yet to have any concrete info on our furnace, that is paid for! I get a call back with an answer that it will be up this way by next weekend. How do I trust that answer? I am just so frustrated!!!!! As of right now I would not recommend this furnace just because of the customer service. Yeah nice people but, good talkers. If the furnace comes or not I will be sure to write my review of the actual furnace. Until then We will freeze here in the frigid tundra! If it is not here by next weekend we are taking our business somewhere else.

Date created: 2012-05-11 Location: Chapel Hill, NC

"My Wood Furnace is Impeccable!"
I've owned my wood furnace for about one year. I like that it has proved to be very durable. I dislike though that sometimes it messes up when it raines. Not too bad though. I haven't had to replace it yet. Hopefully I won't have to. I would definitely recommend my furnace to my friends. In fact, my buddy just moved into a new house and he asked me what kind of wood furnace he should purchase. I told him to get the wood furnace I had because it was very durable and user friendly. He ended up getting another one, and now it is very clear to both of us that my wood furnace is quite a bit better than his.