Consumer Reviews of Shaver wood furnaces

#30  of 32 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Shaver wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-10-07 Name: Susie McClintock
Location: Jerseyville, IL

"Satisfied customer"
We bought our wood stove furnace around 2011 and we love our stove. We use our stove all year round; we keep it going for the water. Our service man is the greatest, Greg Steinacher. He is always there to answer any questions we may have and he ensures we get the best use out of our furnace. We were on propane, and we have already saved our money back, plus more. I would recommend this furnace to anyone who would want wood heat. We absolutely love ours and wouldn't go without one.

Date created: 2014-09-27 Name: Gary G.
Location: Rector, AR

"Shaver wood furnace"
I bought the furnace in 2009 and had a problem with the blower and thermostat right off the bat. Now I have a leak. I called; no answer called for several days. Finally drove 3 hours to talk to them and found the factory with gates chained and locked up. They are no longer making them there, but I did get to talk to Ray. They wanted me to bring them the furnace. I went back home, and later tried to call to set time up for them to come get it. Guess what? No answer. These people are crooks and I would not recommend anyone to deal with them. I fixed my stove myself. They are trying to sell some kind of solar heating system now. Stay away, if you know what is good for you. If you ever do get to talk to, or email them, they just give you the run around. Sorry bunch.

Date created: 2014-03-26 Name: B. Marks
Location: P, PA

"Shaver Coal furnace built by Weld-Rite"
The furnace was sold as a coal furnace. If it wasn't for the grate system the furnace works as I expected. The grate cannot withstand the hot fires produced by hard coal. The grate I imagine would work well with a wood burn but a coal fire disintegrates it. After several months of requesting a grate that could withstand a coal fire they sent me the same grate. Attempting to rectify this with Weld-Rite Inc was fruitless. Their method of customer service is ignore the complaint. I filed a complaint with the State of Arkansas and after a few months they exhausted their resources trying to have a fair fix. I did appreciate the effort they made. If enough customers complain about this issue the State will have to take it under further investigation. So if you have this same problem don't let them get away with it. As you can see I will not.

Date created: 2014-02-07 Name: Gary Calabrese
Location: CT

"DO NOT BUY a SHAVER !!"
I bought my Shaver in 2008. It sprung a leak. Pours in the ash pan like Niagara falls. I used water treatment continuously. I have gone through 2 grates already, the door never shut correctly since the purchase. You will never get a call back from these guys. I have left numerous messages. Do yourself a favor and do not buy from them. They are crooks!

Date created: 2013-10-20 Name: Terry Condon
Location: Middletown, Missouri

"Purchased Our Shaver 165 in May of 2008"
Purchased our Shaver 165 in May of 2008. Did not get furnace delivered until December. Numerous runaround excuses from Ben at Shaver why the furnace is taking so long to get. Furnace was hooked up and first used in February 2009. I wish I would have noticed the very bad customer service at that time. Our furnace has only worked good at best one heating season. I was just about to faint when it arrived. The furnace looked like preschool kids assembled it, very very bad workmanship not done by professionals. I called Shaver (Ben) and complained. Was told it does not matter what it looks like, wait until you hook it up and see how it works. Well, after numerous pump failures, door gasket failures, more pump failures. The furnace started leaking out of the bottom. Tried to contact Shaver in July 2013 and was told to send all info about the water treatment that was used, proof of water treatment chemical purchase and analysis, pictures of leak. I to date, have not heard one word from Shaver. What a joke this company is. I have tried numerous times to contact them by phone and e-mail and its the same thing, no reply at all. Do not buy a furnace from this company. They should be run out of the country. They are a bunch of liars and cheaters. Do not fall for their misleading advertisement about how great their product is, like I did. Now, I have a $10,000.00 (cost of all labor and materials to install) piece junk. Please! Please! Please! Heed the warning, stay away from Shaver furnaces. They are junk, do not buy one. Now, we have to hire our attorney to try and get this junk picked up and our money returned. You can contact me if anyone wants to about this issue.

Date created: 2013-10-05 Name: Jason
Location: Kansas

"Shaver 165"
I purchased the Shaver 165 in 2012. I was informed it would come with poker, manual, and water treatment. I received it with no poker, 1/2 of the manual was missing, and no water treatment. I contacted Weldrite and they send a new manual and a poker. I used the Shaver website and ordered the PEX pipe and parts from the recommended person on their site. The PEX was installed and leaked. I had to email the place I ordered the PEX from, send pictures, and have my plumber email them too. I did get the 110 feet of PEX replaced. It will cost $400 to have the old PEX pipe that leaked, removed, and replaced. The pipe that fills the tank was cracked. I contacted the salesperson Ben, who said he no longer sold for Weldrite because of these issues. I contacted Weldrite to confirm and they informed me that Ben continued to sell for them and had sold 20+ furnaces that month. Weldrite informed me they could not assist me because it was the end of the burn season. But would give me some sort of discount the next burn season. I could never contact anyone and to this day, get the run around. At this time, I have PEX pipe that leaks. I never received the water treatment I was promised when I purchased it. I have never received a discount for anything, and I am not a satisfied customer. I would not recommend the Shaver to anyone and I did a lot of research before purchasing the Shaver and took a chance, and wish I wouldn't have.

Date created: 2013-07-26 Name: Jason Jeffers
Location: Huntsville, Tn

"Shaver Wood Boiler Leaks"
My Shaver wood boiler started leaking this past winter 2012. After the heating season I found the leak and got the run a round on getting the 100% warranty work. In the end, I had to re-weld the leaks myself. I cannot recommend their product due to the warranty and customer support. Ignore, ignore, and then ignore this is the standard operating procedure. If anybody want pictures of my leaking furnace simply email me, jjeffers1@gmail.com.

Date created: 2013-07-24 Name: John Cyfers
Location: W.Va

"Never Buy From These Guys"
I have had my furnace for 6 years and it develop a leak. I was never told to use a water treatment or given any paper work. Now the people at the main office can't even fine an invoice. I had to fax them one. So, I am getting with some people to make a video who bought a Shaver furnace and have made an appointment with an attorney. I have 4 other people and if anyone else wants on the bandwagon, please let me know. This is not right, a 20 year warranty is 20 years. wc12753@aol.com

Date created: 2013-07-19 Name: s pierce
Location: mo

"Poor Warranty"
Had a Shaver stove since 2008. Developed a leak, has always had treatment every year and tested their warranty sucks. Their customer service is worse, would never buy a Shaver.

Date created: 2013-06-03 Name: Katrina and Bryan Bowser
Location: Southside, WV

"Can Anybody Say, "Lawsuit"?"
What a joke. I cannot believe this company is allowed to do business. We bought our furnace 16 months ago. Immediately there were problems with it. I told my husband the unit looked like it was dropped. The blower switch burned up immediately and had to be operated manually. They replaced the switch but then there was smoke in the house. We were treated very rudely from the get-go and told it "couldn't" leak. We had to shut it down and go back to electric. We kept calling and trying to get someone to come fix it. The season came and went and winter came again, and we were still calling and trying to get someone to come out and test it to find out what was wrong with it. They finally found the 'leak' where the smoke was getting in so we fired it up only to find the blower switch was blown again. Out of 2 seasons we have used the unit, maybe 2 months and we are still paying exorbitantly high electric bills. We call and leave countless messages, threaten with bad reviews and lawsuits to no avail. We rarely ever get a return phone call and then it's just to blow more smoke. More promises to fix, more promises to replace but we never ever hear anything back from them. This is the poorest excuse for customer service I have ever experienced with any company. Not only would I not ever do business with them again I highly recommend you run as far and as fast from this company as you possibly can. Shaver furnaces are poorly made and they have zero customer service skills to back their product. They have no right to be in business! They are crooks and swindlers. Once they have your money that's all they care about. You are then irrelevant... on to the next sucker. By the way, these were not the only problems experienced with this unit. The thermostat was faulty and could never get anyone to replace it so we did that on our own and countless other problems that simply make this furnace a piece of junk.