Consumer Reviews of Portage and Main wood furnaces

Read more about Portage and Main wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2018-09-06 Name: luke krueger
Location: Minnesota

"Buyers beware (no warranty)"
I was a dealer and sold a couple hundred of these. Very efficient, but the distributor is a crook. Have had 3 in last year, 4-5 yr old units well within warranty, yet they won't cover anything. Ultimizers rot out from the brick seam where 2 halves bolt together. Buy a 409ss unit. And make sure the company honors their warranty. You don't want to be told to ship your unit to Canada just to later hear: no coverage.

Date created: 2017-10-20 Name: Lucien Leblanc
Location: Kedgwick, NB

"Very unsatisfied"
I bought my boiler 8 years ago, my first one boiler broke 4 years after I bought it they send me another boiler without jacket and now 3 years later I got the same problem, probably because of bad material that they use to built it!! Very bad service and very very bad warranty. I have paid 13 thousands dollars and only for 8 years that's crazy!!! I will never recommended this boiler for sure!!
Date created: 2016-09-19 Name: John k
Location: British Columbia, Canada

"Amazing quality, burns very clean and efficiently."
This product is truly amazing. The model I purchased is not a gasifier. However, it burns so clean and efficiently without all the inconvenience and cost of a gasifier. Fit and finish is incredible.