Consumer Reviews of Polar Furnace wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-08-29 Name: Robert
Location: Clifton Park, NY

"Polar New York"
Clean, simple and easy system. I wanted a gasser that wasn't full of electronics or complicated operating/maintenance schedules. After a bunch of research I scoped out the Polar G3 at a local dealer's lot. They hit the nail on the head with this burner and I couldn't be happier. Our dealer had the unit hooked up and our old stove removed in less than 4 hours. Shop the dealers! The posts below should be warning enough. We ended up purchasing from The Wood Guy in upstate New York and have had nothing but positive experiences with them. Ask for Will!

Date created: 2016-03-13 Name: William Tobin
Location: Albany, NY

"Finally a unit worth the $"
Here are my highlights and why- Pros: 1. Easy to use all year round. I empty the ash with a shovel from the bottom chamber and run the lever on the side of the stove to clean the exhaust tubes. At the end of the season my dealer here in New York calls me and comes out to close the system for next year. Literally trouble free operation in the past 4 years. 2. It stays clean! We burn 3 different boilers on the farm all in enclosed spaces. The smoke control stage on the Polar's fan keeps our garage from turning into a smoke house and it also keep the front of the boiler from looking like there's been a fire. 3. Mechanical/simple systems run this boiler. There's nothing digital or over complicated in this boiler. Very simple to maintain system. As a precaution I run through my boiler with brushes every month and typically it's not needed and takes at most an hour. 4. Efficient! We replaced an old Hawken with this G2 and cut our wood consumption literally by more than half. We've tuned it in now but for the first 3 seasons it just kept dropping and dropping as our wood supply got better and drier. Prices are leveling out like they were for the traditional 8+ years ago. For us this boiler has been 110% worth the investment. We have yet to replace a single part and our dealer has been a joy to work with. I would recommend checking the G-class line out before making any decisions.

Date created: 2016-02-23 Name: Pat R
Location: Newmarket

"Polar dealers beware"
Beware of what dealer you buy the furnace from. Bought from ***** ****** of Sutton, **** ********. Paid for the Polar furnace in full the beginning of December 2015.....here we are in late February 2016 and it's still not hooked up yet. It's a new home built and all the piping for in floor heating was done to prepare for it and to use this heating through the winter for the contractors to finish the interior. Because the guy didn't hook it up, we had to set up small electrical heaters to run day and night to keep things from freezing...cost over a thousand dollars per month in Hydro. Called Polar Furnaces. They said they would find out the status but he only offered them excuses and they said they have no control over dealers. Hmmm. ..then why let them be a dealer If they provide this kind of service? It only looks bad on Polar. We run several service companies...can't believe what I'm hearing! Don't buy from this dealer, look for another. Beware of Polar furnace dealers and the support Polar offers. Haven't got the thing hooked up yet so I can't review yet on the unit. Been a waste of money so far.

Date created: 2015-09-02 Name: Cameron
Location: Eastern Ontario

"Polar Gasification Furnace"
I had bought a Polar gasification furnace last year. I immediately had problems with the operations of the furnace which took three months to rectify. Even then, I had to fill the thing every 4-5 hours, 24 hours a day. It barely kept the house warm, and complaints to the company and the installer didn't matter.The installer is ***** ***** from Huntingdon, Quebec. So beware of Polar furnaces and Mr. *****.