Consumer Reviews of Pacific Western wood furnaces

#7  of 30 brands of wood furnaces

5 of 5 stars 1 review

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-04-09 Location: bellevue, WA

"My vote goes to Pacific Western furnace"
have had a Pacific Western for two years. I heat a 9,600 square foot home and 900 square foot garage. We also use a heat exchanger for hot water. We re-piped the system inside the house after the first year because the installer did a sloppy job. Even with 15 people at our home, we never run out of hot water. It heats well enough and would heat better if my house was a little more airtight. It also cuts our electricity bill to a great extent. We burn any type of wood to heat our huge home, hot water, pool and hot tub. Smoke issues are dependent upon user. My pacific western model smokes hardly at all. Once up to temp, there is no smoke. When the blower shuts off, there is very little, if any. I definitely prefer this outdoor wood furnace and it is the clear winner as long as the owner fills it with good, dry hardwood.