Consumer Reviews of Pacific Western wood furnaces

Read more about Pacific Western wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-11-15 Name: K. I. Tepper
Location: Michigan

"Why didn't it last longer"
We have always been very satisfied with our furnace. Not many problems. Never anything serious. Does a great job of heating our 3800 square foot house. Until now. We spent the extra money on a stainless steel fire chamber, have had it only 12 years and it has developed 3 leaks in the chamber. One leak we might be able to weld a patch but with 3 of them leaking water into the firebox, we are leary of trying to patch it. I expected this furnace to last 15 to 20 years. It is disappointing that it only lasted 12 years and now we will have to spend another $5000 to replace it.

Date created: 2016-04-09 Name: Dan
Location: Sud. Ontario

"Only one I am familiar with"
Have been burning green wood every season. Just wish I had added a rust inhibitor every year. Started to leak last winter, so nine years without a leak. Burns about 60 cords every winter. When I replace this one I will probably make one myself. I'm pretty rough, will improve on the heat exchanger in the fire box. I heat close to 4,000 square feet with only R-20 insulation.

Date created: 2012-04-09 Location: bellevue, WA

"My vote goes to Pacific Western furnace"
have had a Pacific Western for two years. I heat a 9,600 square foot home and 900 square foot garage. We also use a heat exchanger for hot water. We re-piped the system inside the house after the first year because the installer did a sloppy job. Even with 15 people at our home, we never run out of hot water. It heats well enough and would heat better if my house was a little more airtight. It also cuts our electricity bill to a great extent. We burn any type of wood to heat our huge home, hot water, pool and hot tub. Smoke issues are dependent upon user. My pacific western model smokes hardly at all. Once up to temp, there is no smoke. When the blower shuts off, there is very little, if any. I definitely prefer this outdoor wood furnace and it is the clear winner as long as the owner fills it with good, dry hardwood.