Consumer Reviews of Newmac wood furnaces

#28  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Newmac wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-02-03 Name: Elaine Fitzpatrick
Location: New York

"Newmac furnace"
My cousin had this furnace installed in August of 2015. He paid over $10,000 for it. He had a heart attack and passed away in October. When his wife started using it this year, she has had nothing but problems. The furnace keeps going out and having different problems. Newmac has not helped her or backed their product at all. It's bad enough that she has to deal with the loss of her husband. She wakes up in the middle of the night when it's freezing outside and the furnace has gone out. It's very disappointing when you spend so much money on something and the company does not back it. I would never recommend Newmac furnaces.

Date created: 2015-10-15 Name: T. Smith
Location: Tantallon, Nova Scotia

"Dangerous product"
I bought 2 Newmac CL-115 wood/oil combo furnaces in 2006. One for myself, one for my next door neighbour. Bought and installed them at the same time. Furnaces burned wood like crazy. Little heat from the oil side. About two years ago I started to smell wood smoke at odd times. Last winter I started to smell oil smoke when the oil burner kicked in. My wife complained of headaches when the furnace was running. Neighbour complained of exactly the same problems. Imagine our surprise when we both had our furnaces checked this summer(2015) and were told both heat exchangers were completely rotted out. Newmac offered no help, not even a break on new exchangers. These things were pumping carbon monoxide into our houses for heaven knows how long. We had the heat exchangers removed to examine them, and found them too rotted to repair. It's no wonder, since they were made of the cheapest tin Newmac could find. How these things ever earned a CSA stamp is beyond me. These furnaces are cheap, dangerous junk and should be taken off the market before someone winds up dead.

Date created: 2014-12-14 Name: Adam grein
Location: Ayton, Ontario

The house smells like smoke, it burns wood way too fast (like a two to three hour burn time) and the carbon monoxide detector goes off once a week. We complained about the problem shortly after the installation. The Newmac rep came, looked at it and brushed us off. The furnace seems to be thirty years behind the times. I have a 2.5-year-old and a 5-year-old child. I'm not impressed with this company or the installer. I would suggest buying a Napoleon or Pacific Energy.

Date created: 2013-10-10 Name: John Fairs
Location: Northern Ontario Canada

"Great Furnace Newmac"
The Newmac wao/gao furnace is great. One of the best furnaces out there today. Once hooked up right, you are all set for years to come.

Date created: 2012-04-24 Location: Mineral Wells, WV

"Outdoor wood furnace provides warmth in garage"
We have owned our wood burning furnace for a little over two years. A couple winters ago, we closed in our garage so we could have a place that is sheltered from the outdoors and weather. Living in West Virginia, we liked having a place we could hang and butcher our deer after deer season ended. Buying a wood burning furnace to keep the garage warm while butchering our deer seemed like a great idea. It keeps the garage warm all day and night. We only load it up once in the morning with wood and it burns great throughout the day. The coals in the bottom that night are still hot enough to start another fire. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. We have never had to get the furnace repaired. It has worked great since the first time we loaded it up with wood. This particular brand is fantastic and I would recommend the furnace to anyone wanting to stay warm!