Consumer Reviews of Natures Comfort wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2013-12-11 Name: L Morse
Location: Mauston, WI

"Biggest mistake ever"
I agree with other reviews, we have had our wood boiler for 3 winters now. It was never installed correctly by the dealer the first year. Already burned the pipe out of the stove after one winter. No temperature gauge on our model. Goes through 3 times more wood that our neighbors competing brand. The furnace never quits drafting air and burns out in 6 hours. We can fill it before we go to work and expect it to stay lit all day. I would never recommend this brand of product for anyone. I am ready to throw it away and buy another brand or go back to lp heat.

Date created: 2013-11-11 Name: D Knecht
Location: Southern Missouri

"Better Off Heating With A Match Stick! Avoid or It Will Cost You!"
Wanted a WoodMaster but they were 6 months out of production. Settled for the NC-250 because they are very good at selling. Saying that the flue starts just above the floor of the stove, so the heat at the top doesn't get sucked out. From the front this appears to be true, but the back of the flue pipe is cut out to be about half way up to the top of the boiler chamber! Total lies!!! Gone through 3 floats that keep failing, uses wood like no other!!! 10 chords a year for a 1200 sq ft house with r-30 in the ceiling and R-27 in 12" walls! Really??? In Southern Missouri!

Date created: 2013-01-16 Name: Jared
Location: Ashtabula, ohio

"The flame goes right up the chimney"
2007Ncb the flame goes right up the chimney. My modifications extended half pipe down chimney change to a flapper on the blower next I am going to build a grate too big of gaps for the ashes to fall down. Also the door handle does not have the new saftey latch. Lot of work I am just recommend a heatmor or a central boiler

Date created: 2012-02-20 Name: Unsatisfied
Location: Fort Wayne, IN

"NCB175 - Not the stove it's advertised to be"
Have owned this unit since Thanksgiving of 2010 and it just doesn't cut it. Heating a 2700 sq ft well-insulated farm house through a fuel oil boiler. Also heating a 40gal hot water heater. Originally the dealer sized it to also run a future loop to my workshop. No way that will ever happen. This think eats wood like nobody's business and just doesn't keep a stable water temperature. The simplicity of the unit is inviting, but don't be sucked in like me. Pay the extra to get a central boiler or Hardy and save yourself the heartache.

Date created: 2011-11-29 Location: Lake Tahoe, NV

"Finally I don't have high energy costs for heating my home."
I've owned my Natures Comfort Outdoor Wood Burning Furnace for three years and I've recommended it to many others as well. I love the fact that my energy costs have dropped substantially for home heating in the winter. With an abundance of renewable trees on my land, my only costs now are the energy it takes me to cut them down, stack the wood and load it into the furnace. I haven't run into anything I dislike about it - it has quite simply exceeded my expectations on all levels. To date, I have not had to perform any repairs to it, and it has run like a champion since I had it installed. I would definitely purchase this model again, or maybe the larger one if I purchased a larger house. I would have no problems buying a Natures Comfort model again in the future, and will continue to recommend it to everyone who comes to visit.