Consumer Reviews of Natures Comfort wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2015-06-29 Name: R Baetz
Location: Wisconsin

"NCB-250 coal unit"
I have had my NCB-250 coal unit from Natures Comfort for one winter now to heat my 1580 square foot house and my 2000 square foot shop. I was nothing but very pleased with the amount of heat the unit provided. I keep the house at 70 and the shop at about 62 when I'm working and 50 when I'm not in the shop. I mix stocker coal and wood in my unit, and boy it cut my wood use to about 6 to 7 cord for the winter. I also love the way the shacker grate makes it so easy to shack the coal grits or wood ashes into the ash pan. I'm glad I purchased the coal unit because of the shacker grate over the wood unit.

Date created: 2015-04-23 Name: Larry Hansel
Location: Granville, OH

"It is built like a tank!"
Larry Hansel- Granville, OH I think Nature's Comfort and Wood Heating Solutions have been very helpful and knowledgeable on their products. The NCB-250 coal boiler has performed great and I have no problems with it at all. It has been wonderful. You put the bigger pieces of wood in it and it does just fine. There have been no problems maintaining the boiler whatsoever. Overall the boiler has been great. I would recommend Nature's Comfort to others as well. It is built like a tank. Randy from Wood Heating Solutions has also been very helpful. He always answers my questions and has referred me to the people who need to answer my questions. I would recommend his expertise. Dave from Nature's Comfort also was able to handle my questions. They are all very nice people.

Date created: 2015-04-17 Name: John Chapin
Location: Kansas

"NCB-250 is easy to maintain"
Our dealer, Monte Loder, has proven to be an excellent representative of your company. His knowledge of your products has been very helpful, always timely and accurate. He makes every effort to keep us updated on all information provided to him by Nature's Comfort. He proficiently installed the system and thoroughly explained how to operate it to our satisfaction. Our NCB-250 is easy to maintain and efficiently heats our entire 1930's era frame (and somewhat leaky) house. The savings we have realized as a result of not purchasing propane has almost paid for the system.

Date created: 2015-04-13 Name: AARON PHELPS
Location: Kansas

"Stove does an excellent job"
I would recommend Monte to anyone looking to purchase a wood burning stove. The stove does an excellent job heating our 5000+ square foot home built in 1880 and is easy to maintain. Monte provides excellent sales and service. He is very conscientious and will make sure the job is done right.

Date created: 2015-03-15 Name: rusty winston
Location: Bronson, MI

"NCB-325 update"
I previously wrote a negative review on my Natures Comfort wood furnace. The unit was overheating and the dealer we purchased it from had gone out of business. I was contacted by Dave and James from Natures Comfort and told that their units were dependable and they would find out what was going on with my unit - this is exactly what they did. They literally went over it from top to bottom and, after adjusting and repairing several air leaks, I have had no problems with the unit. As a bonus, it also has been using less wood even though I didn't feel it had excessive rates before. There are not a lot of companies out there anymore that will back their products to this degree.

Date created: 2015-03-14 Name: D. Taylor
Location: Holly, MI

"NCB-175 heats house and shop."
In 2013 we used propane to heat our home and electricity to heat our shop space. We spent about $1000 per month. Alternative Energy Solution installed our Nature's Comfort boiler for the 2014 season with one pump for the house and one for our shop space. We used some propane this year for days when we were not around, but we have saved thousands of dollars with our ncb-175. Rich at Alternative Energy Solution has been very quick to fix any issue we have had, and Nature's Comfort supplied us with a warranty pump cartridge when the shop one sheared. It has been a great experience and we have & would again recommend Nature's Comfort & Alternative Energy Solution to others.

Date created: 2015-03-13 Name: Brad Maxon
Location: White Lake, MI

"NCB-120 great boiler"
We have an NCB-120 to heat our 35'x 60' (with 20' ceilings) shop. We used propane prior and never kept the shace heated 24/7 due to cost. Winter of 2013, while the propane costs were so high, we worked in comfort with our NCB-120 heating the shop. With our boiler we can maintain a comfortable temperature in the shop all winter. I like that we only have to load it at maximum twice a day, and lots of times we run all day on what was left over from the night before. Rich at Alternative Energy Solutions sold and designed a forced air system with filters that heats our entire shop and we are very pleased with the results we get. Great boiler, we would and have recommend it to others and it would be the only brand I would buy in the future.

Date created: 2015-02-25 Name: Harold
Location: KY

"Worthess warranty"
The dealer I bought my stove from did a excellent job installing it and has helped me all he could with advice about the best way to use my stove. However, about two weeks after I got it the ash pan warped. When I called the dealer, he called the powers that be and was told it was my fault and they wouldn't replace it. This is bull. I just put wood in and ashes out. It makes me think or worry, what if something else goes wrong with the stove. I finally had to take a hammer to the pan to get it in and out of the stove. I would have to think long and hard about buying another one. And I would not recommend this stove to anyone else just because the warranty is worthless.

Date created: 2015-02-19 Name: Mike
Location: Ohio

"Unacceptable product"
I bought the NCB-175 with the recommendation of the dealer for the size of my house. The amount of wood I burn is incredible. I went through 18 truckloads of seasoned cherry from mid-November to mid-January, keeping my house at 67. I have also gone through two pumps in a year and a half. The first one was warrantied but not the labor. The second pump is not, because it froze. Warning - if you have to travel often or risk running out of wood, do not buy this. The system cannot be shut down in cold weather. If it freezes it voids your warranty.

Date created: 2015-01-29 Name: Zach Collier
Location: Kentucky

"Couldn't be happier!"
I just received my first electric bill for a month heating my family's home and our domestic hot water with an NCB-175 and I couldn't be happier. We have a family of 5 in a newly-built home (about 2600 square feet) and our bill for December was less than $60. If you have access to firewood and don't mind the extra work, you can't go wrong with these stoves.