Consumer Reviews of Natures Comfort wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2019-01-30 Name: Wayne Oppermann
Location: Wisconsin

"Heck No"
I have owned this outdoor wood burner for 5 years and looking to purchase a new one. I will never again buy a ncb. After the first year, the ash pan warped so bad it was unusable. I called the company and the owner asked me if I was a Democrat or Republican. I asked what that mattered and he said because if you're a Democrat you expect him to fix it for free. I asked what he is going to do to fix the problem since there is a warranty. He told me to have someone weld a new end in it. I told him I wanted him to send me a new pan but he refused. I had a buddy take the pan cut the end off (2 feet) and weld a new piece on but heavier gauge metal. Have not had a problem after that with the pan. Last year 2018 I sprung a leak in the bottom. I again called the company and the owner said it must be where they welded the legs on He said it happens and I should fix it. Since he refused to fix it I welded it myself Total null crap. Now winter of 2019 January for a matter of fact I sprung another leak and I can't seem to find it. So I will wait until spring and will have to take the side off and figure out what is going on. So, as far as I know, there really is no warranty! The owner cares less about what he sells. The dealer close to me but I did not purchase from will not even help me. He told me I should have bought it from him.

Date created: 2016-11-15 Name: JM
Location: Myrtle Beach

"Great furnace and great for the price"
I have owned this outdoor furnace for about 3 years now and I am very happy with my purchase. I have had no major issues at all with it and it works perfectly year round. It is a little more pricey than units I have owned in the past, but I think it is worth every penny. Extremely efficient and reliable, and keeps my entire home warm with very little effort. I would definitely buy this brand in the the future and have already recommended it to a few of my friends (one of them actually bought one last year and loves it as well) I would also recommend others to look into Nature's Comfort brand for outdoor furnaces. From my experience and time with this purchase, it is good quality, very reliable and durable for the price, and absolutely a good investment for your home. It is one of the best purchases I made that year, and I feel good about recommending it to others!
Date created: 2015-12-23 Name: Carson Garland
Location: Virginia

"Awesome"
Very well built product. Amazing performance. Does not use a ridiculous amount of wood. Above all else, customer service is second to none. Have dealt with Dave (who owns the company ) and his son Eric. They both went out of their way to answer my questions. This type of service is what makes a company stand out. Thank you Nature's Comfort for building such a great boiler and providing exceptional customer service.
Date created: 2015-04-13 Name: AARON PHELPS
Location: Kansas

"Stove does an excellent job"
I would recommend Monte to anyone looking to purchase a wood burning stove. The stove does an excellent job heating our 5000+ square foot home built in 1880 and is easy to maintain. Monte provides excellent sales and service. He is very conscientious and will make sure the job is done right.
Date created: 2014-12-17 Name: C. H. Ulderich
Location: Markleton, PA

"Would highly recommend"
Nature's Comfort was highly recommended, even over Mahoning Outdoor units, by other owners. I have used this unit for a month and I am very pleased! Thank you for a good product!
Date created: 2014-10-31 Name: Terry Shields
Location: Cynthiana, KY

"Lots of trouble with having too much stove pipe - 17 feet."
The draft blower has been replaced three times in two years. The first one was under warranty, but the next two had to be purchased at $80 apiece. I put mine in a barn with 17 feet of stove pipe to get through the roof, and it filled with creosote within 3 weeks. If it had been installed outside, I think I would be satisfied. I like the hot water, and it heats my 1700 square-foot home fine. I would buy another one if it was installed correctly.
Date created: 2014-08-25 Name: Walter J
Location: Utah

"Nothing but praise!"
I felt I should write you about my stove. After four years of use I have nothing but praise for my Natureís Comfort stove. Located 80 feet from the house there is no smoke or soot or smell in the house! Four tons of coal or 7 full cords of wood easily keeps the house at 76f all winter long. Not bad for Utah. Coal will burn for about 36 hours. Wood will burn for about 24 hours on a full fill-up. It absolutely has paid for itself and is the best investment I have ever made! Thank you so much!
Date created: 2014-08-25 Name: Justin
Location: Missouri

"GT-220 lets me heat my whole house!"
I have a 5400 sq ft home and had heating bills of $2,000/month until I purchased a GT-220 High Efficiency Downdraft Gasification Furnace. Itís unbelievable! When running, the only thing I can see is heat shimmer and I can now heat my entire house instead of having to close down portions trying to save money.
Date created: 2014-08-18 Name: Lauren and Jason Dennsiton
Location: Cynthiana, KY

"We are hooked and never goin' back!!"
My husband finally talked me into our outside wood burning furnace last fall (2013). By the time we made the decision and everything was installed it was the end of November. Now I have to admit I was a little intimidated by it all: hot stove, cutting wood, going out in the cold and adding wood, etc., but wow, this was the best decision we have ever made! We live in an older house and had an electric heat pump that was o' so cold, always set b/w 58 - 62 degrees....yes that's right we sat around covered in blankets all the time, our babies were freezing! Not to mention the electric bills ranging from $250 to $400 a month in the winter. Well not anymore!!! In just this first winter, since installation of our furnace we have had $110 or less electric bills and our house now sits at anywhere from 72-75 degrees. Since our stove also heats our water, I can also run my clothes washer on hot heat, take as many hot showers as my family needs, and run the dishwasher/do the dishes, and still have hot water! It's endless :) Once using the stove, it was a lot less intimidating and very easy to use. On average we load our stove about two to three times a day, and I can do that myself, no problem. God Bless America and God Bless our Nature Comfort :)
Date created: 2014-08-12 Name: Robert and Patricia
Location: Rogers, KY

"Very satisfied"
We have owned the Nature's Comfort outdoor wood stove for almost three full winters. We are extremely satisfied with our stove so far. Our dealer has been awesome as far as maintaining contact with us and keeping us up to date with any maintenance issues. Our home is a stable temperature and it is such a wonderful relief to be able to have this consistency versus the propane heat we had been accustomed to. It is also wonderful that we are able to use this stove to operate our hot water heater, which helps with our utilities expense. Not to mention the fact that we are being more environmentally friendly, by using this type of stove. We have not had any issues with our stove that would cause any dissatisfaction; however, we are confident that our dealer would be available to address any issues we might incur. As far as the quality of the stove, it appears to be very well built and sturdy. So far, it has been very low maintenance and we are very satisfied. We are pleased to have recommended this stove to others and would encourage anyone who is looking at these types of outdoor stoves to consider the products offered by Nature's Comfort.