Consumer Reviews of Maxim wood furnaces

#13  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-04-11 Location: Pleasant Hill, Ca

"Maxim Wood Boiler Review"
This wood burner was part of the house when we moved in. Overall, we are pretty satisfied with it. The burner keeps the home nice and toasty during the winter, which is when it gets used the most. Cleaning it is fairly simple, and so far we have had no problems with it. I would recommend the Maxim M175 to a homeowner who was looking for a new heater for their home. Purchasing wood pellets has turned out to be a cheaper means of heating our home than using a gas or electric heater. These savings are sure to satisfy anyone who might be interested in purchasing a wood burner.

Date created: 2012-04-05 Location: Detroit, MI

"Working Warm During the Cold Midwestern Winter"
I have a big shed in my backyard that I do a lot of wood working out of. It started as a hobby and turned into a mini business. It's not lucrative, but I enjoy it. I used to do woodwork out of the big shed all year long, but the Midwestern winters are too nefarious sometimes. I gave up doing any work in the winters because of how uncomfortable and cold the barn can be. I decided to finance a Maxim outdoor furnace and use it to allow me an opportunity to work year round. The furnace is very efficient and heats the entire space. If anything, it sometimes gets too warm and toasty. I've never had any issues with the unit. It's still only a year and a half old, so I'm about to enter my second winter with it, but I don't foresee any issues with it. If anything, my only gripe is the price of the unit. The shed I use is quite large, so I needed a furnace that could handle its demands, but the unit did not come cheap. I'm unsure if it was worth the lofty price tag. I would definately reccomend the brand, but I might encourage someone to look for a better bargain.