Consumer Reviews of HS Tarm wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-11-14 Name: anthony siciliano
Location: redding ct

"no maintenance?"
As far as warming this 3300 square foot house it has been very satisfactory, using about 6 cords of wood a year or more. On the other hand it constantly needs cleaning, every two weeks through the heating season, a dirty unpleasant job. Now I'm told I need to replace all the refractory brick after only 5 heating seasons, $1.200. A chessy set of fiberglass gaskets costs $50! Very disappointing. I wouldn't believe these other reviews if they are of the Solo 40.

Date created: 2015-05-28 Location: Rutledge, MO

"No hassle community housing boiler"
We have had this boiler for fiver years now, it has required almost no maintenance, and works on a budget. The wood fired boiler saves on electricity, and has provided my community building enough heat to keep it very warm, even on weeks of sub 0 temperatures. The only down side is that I have to get so low to clean out the ash, my knees don't appreciate it, though it would be no hassle for someone younger. The only repairs have been aesthetic in value, and have not affected the performance of the machine. I would never feel any negative thoughts should I have to purchase another one in the future. It is a splendid machine.

Date created: 2015-05-20 Location: Rutledge, MO

"No hassle community housing boiler"
We have had this boiler for five years now, it has required almost no maintenance, and works on a budget. The wood fired boiler saves on electricity, and has provided my community building enough heat to keep it very warm, even on weeks of sub 0 temperatures. The only down side is that I have to get so low to clean out the ash, my knees don't appreciate it, though it would be no hassle for someone younger. The only repairs have been aesthetic in value, and have not affected the performance of the machine. I would never feel any negative thoughts should I have to purchase another one in the future. It is a splendid machine.

Date created: 2012-06-19 Location: BOSTON, MA

"The Best Wood Boiler"
Out of all the wood boiler (wood furnace) I have used hs tarm is the best. I am quite satisfied with its performance. I bought this boiler on march 2010 and since then I have been using it. During this period it has only been serviced twice. Which is somewhat good. Specially because I use it on almost daily bases. The best thing about the hs tarm solo plus boiler that it reaches a very high temperature in few seconds. And it has 3 inches vertical heat exchange tubes which gives maximum extraction of the energy in the high temperature exhaust system. One more thing which is very good is that it has 20 years warranty covered. But a slight downfall on its part is its overall efficiency is 75-80%. otherwise its the best wood boiler. I would definitely recommend this boiler to all those who are planing to buy one soon.