Consumer Reviews of Heiss wood furnaces

#32  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Heiss wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-01-01 Name: j smith
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Expensive trash"
I wish I could insert a picture so you could see how shitty mine is. Do yourself a favor and buy any other wood stove. This will not heat your house. Mine is 3 years old and I will throw it away before the end of this season. Mr Hiess comes to look at my stove after it looks like it exploded, he calls me an idiot for not shoveling snow in it during a power outage, and tries to charge for an $80 service call. I replace the pump every year.

Date created: 2015-11-30 Name: James P
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Poor design, lies and no service, beware"
I hope you found these reviews before you purchased. I do not know where to begin. First, I paid in full before receiving the furnace. They did not deliver the furnace complete and I have still not received everything. Furnace is only a few months in service and the exterior shell is cracking, doors are leaking, and it has a bad fan. Refuses to do warranty work. Lies and lies some more about taking care of it. Now he claims he is filing bankruptcy.

Date created: 2015-11-29 Name: Screwed over
Location: Michigan

"Buyer beware"
I could go on and on but in a nutshell it is the worse and most expensive mistake that I have made in my life! I have been trying to get them out to perform multiple warranty issues since June and all I have gotten is the run around. When I asked if he would at least send me a defective part so I could fix it myself, this is the last correspondence that I received from the owner: "I don't think so. I ran into issues and went bankrupt."

Date created: 2015-11-21 Name: Fool me once
Location: Michigan

"Never again"
If anyone wants to see what's left of this unit after a year and a half of "use", you can come look on the junk pile.

Date created: 2015-03-07 Name: Doug
Location: Bailey

"Horrible product and no service"
I bought the 3000 model 3 years ago. Year 1, the door fell out and the cement was flaking out of the burn chamber. Jeremy repaired the door and said the cement was flaking because I was burning too much wood. What! I thought that's what it was made for. Year 2, the door fell out again and the cement board is coming apart at the seams. Year 3, the door is still not repaired after numerous calls and emails and a visit to their new location. The combustion blower fell off as well. I would suggest you visit them in person before you buy; once you do, you will never buy their products...ever!

Date created: 2014-11-16 Name: Scott
Location: Traverse City, MI

"Great boiler"
We purchased our boiler 3 years ago from Heiss. At first I was on the phone to them, trying to make it work. It is our first boiler and we had a large learning curve to overcome! After struggling for 3 to 4 months, having it gasify sometimes and not really heat our home all that dependably, I began to figure it out! Now, after last winter and the start of this 2014/2015 winter, I am so happy with the boiler that I want to give the fellas at Heiss a big cheer! I am very happy with our boiler and have recommended them to my family and friends. I have had no issues with my boiler, other than normal maintenance. We burn about 20 cords of wood to heat our 2500 square foot home built in 1897 that has vary little insulation, 3" in the attic. We keep the heat at 72-74 and have taken our $800 a month heating bill to $800 a year!

Date created: 2014-10-31 Name: Ken Collier
Location: Epoufette, MI

"Heiss heater review"
I purchased my boiler this past summer, after much research and a trip to Grand Rapids to see the “nuts and bolts” of the business and the units. Customer service is excellent, with everyone in the company devoted to quality and customer satisfaction. This boiler is definitely the next generation of outdoor heating units. The non-rust, lower cost of the unit and smaller size far exceed any other unit on the market. The boiler has been providing heat and hot water to my entire house since early September and I have already seen a 15% drop in my power bill, while maintaining a 72-74 degree temperature in my home. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a dependable, efficient wood boiler for home or business.

Date created: 2014-05-24 Name: jj
Location: west michigan

"Made it almost 4 years"
Problems from the start, got it working for a while, and now a leak in the water jacket. I had so many problems with the warranty in the beginning, that I'm not going to try anymore - even though the warranty should stand for another 6 years. Time to scrap it for the copper inside and move on to another brand. Don't waste your time and money folks.

Date created: 2014-02-17 Name: Tom Jansma
Location: Hopkins MI

"To be fair"
I had written a review here that wasn't entirely fair. I bought one of the first Heiss Heater wood stoves. Since then, the company has made several design changes, and I'm told that many of the problems that I was having have been corrected. My wood stove is in it's 3rd year, and in spite of a few glitches, it's still out there burning wood and heating my home. The unit has already paid for itself, being as I spent just over $3,000 for it. My advice would be to check out the new design before making any purchases.

Date created: 2013-12-23 Name: Very Sad

"Heiss means heartbreaking"
This idea is not yet ready for the market, nevertheless , they are selling them. They have features like doors that fall off (yes this is the newer style) Gasifiers that don't gasify, stove pipes that are intended for indoor use and rot out in less than a year, and a hot tempered owner that forgets what he has told you previously or randomly changes his mind like Pharoah in Egypt. They do not stand behind their units. The best people have left the company or perhaps were asked to leave. Their flaws: they told the truth and they tried to fix the problems. This kind of activity is no longer tolerated.