Consumer Reviews of Heatmor wood furnaces

#13  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Heatmor wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-12-21 Name: Neil Werling
Location: Waynesfield, OH

"Best outdoor wood burner out there"
I bought my Heatmor in 2008, when propane prices were sky high, way over $3.99 per gallon. I researched a lot of different types, models and designs. I had thought I made up my mind on one and called the local dealer to go and check it out on a Saturday. It was the only day when I could, but the dealer only has the one that is his and it is not even hooked up. He told me all the problems that others are having with this brand of outdoor stove, so I said thanks and called my next choice, which should have been my first. I could not be more happy. The dealer showed us his Heatmor and answered any questions we had, and then some. I ordered my Model 200 on the spot. I have not been sorry a single day since. I have only done my yearly maintenance to get ready for winter with it, including topping off the water, which is to only add about 3 to 5 gallons to the system each year, and checking my door hoses. What a great outdoor wood burner the Heatmor is. I heat a 3500 square foot home and the propane never kicked on, ever. I should have bought my Heatmor 10 years sooner.

Date created: 2014-11-07 Name: Marc Bear
Location: Upper Michigan

"This boiler is the best"
My Heatmor isn't even the stainless steel model, but its been working without a problem for 25 years now. There are no downfalls with this unit. No more wood in the house, carrying in bugs and sawdust. I load it once a day. It heats 5000 square feet but I am only heating half of that. And it's so simple and easy to operate, it is unreal. In all the years this stove has been in service, the only thing that's went on it was the inner tube bladder, which is a snap to change. I have hot water, all I can use plus. I burned my indoor Jensen last year and burned 3 to 4 times the amount of wood the Heatmor uses. I use about 7 full cord of wood a season; it is fired up In September and doesn't shut down until the start of June. And I always have wood left over. Not with my indoor Jensen; it burns 10 full cord a season. So, needless to say, I would purchase another Heatmor without delay. And if Heatmor wants to update me for free, I would accept their offer without a hesitation. I think anyone who has a complaint about Heatmor doesn't have it hooked up correctly. Flawless outdoor wood boiler. Simple, it's the best.

Date created: 2014-10-25 Name: Tony
Location: Westmoreland, NY

"15 years and counting"
Like I said, I have had this boiler for 15 years and have had only a few issues. I would recommend not using Taco pumps. They have plastic impellers and they melt. I changed to Grundfos circulation pumps. They are stainless steel and last much longer. No leaks, and I have replaced the bladder a few times but that's it.

Date created: 2014-04-24 Name: D.A.S.
Location: Kingston, Ont. Canada

"Heatmor 400"
We bought an old restored farmhouse 3 years ago. The lady before us had lived there for 6 years. The house and a 50 x 30' shop are both heated by a Heatmor 400. It also heats the water in both. It does gobble alot of wood, (13-14 cords/yr.) We have a fair bit of property (approx. 30 acres of bush) which I do cut on. The problem I found, is that I also work full time , as well as run a small farm. It was keeping me running the first 2 years, trying to keep up with the wood along with everything else. Last year we decided to buy a truckload ( truck & pup trailer) of wood. 13-14 cords. $2200.00. We now supplement it with wood from the property. My conscience kind of bothered me a bit because we had this bush land and I didn't want to cut constantly. Then I got to thinking, $2200.00 to heat a 1600 sq. Ft. House, a 50 x 30' shop ( heat isn't turned up all the time), and all the hot water, for a full winter.That's actually pretty reasonable. Also, the logs are delivered in 8 - 12 ft. Lengths, so it's pretty easy cutting as well. You get some exercise, but you aren't lugging around the bush in a 1-1/2 ft. Of snow either.

Date created: 2014-03-27 Name: SCOTT EVANS
Location: Clearfields PA

"HOMEOWNER"
I have owned a 200 series Heatmor for 4 seasons now I am very satisfied with its performance and quality. To the guy that said he couldn't burn coal, make sure the top restrictor is in and just burn. Mine runs coal and a few logs with it makes it even better. The only weakness I can see is the circulating pump I have to replace it about once a year, I guess this is common with other outdoor furnaces as well.

Date created: 2014-02-25 Name: Dissatisfied heatmor Customer
Location: NH

"Homeowner"
I purchased the heat or 400s the unit itself is high quality but unfortunately the installer didn't know what he was doing, after 4 months of as king heatmor to have another rep come out and validate the install. I was forced to hired another plumber heat man to fix the botched install. First they want to go direct with an exchange on my furnace. My oil furnace guys went juts as this is a no no. And the installer yoked up my piping with pex without pex supports and from tne heat exchanger to furnace is connected with snake bite pex which I now know is rated for 140 degree temps not the 180 coming for my oil furnace. So all winter I've been nervouse on my oil coming on in case it went out.nafter no replies to emails and follow up calls I'm out 3 thousand dollars it's gong to take my ego get it fixed. I'm not happy with the install nor happy with the company quality on hownitvtrains it's installers nevermind offering them backup in case they have a project that maybe to big for them as I feel mine was. They not only left me high and dry but the installer as well. I would definetly not recommend Heatmor due to its customer support . If in New England go with central bOiler wood furnace they have fantastic customer service and follow up within a day of phone calls day or night

Date created: 2014-02-05 Name: Jeff Emory
Location: Jefferson City Mo.

"Very satisfied in Missouri"
Only have had for a month but it has reduced my heating cost by 2/3rds, I would suggest that you put a mixer valve on your hot water to regulate the water temp. The stove works best at 170-180 degree water, and that is way too hot for the house, at that temp it will scald you. I have a wonderful dealer, make sure you check references on the dealer, every issue I've heard with this stove is due to a bad dealer or incorrect installation. I owned a Hardy at my last house its a good stove but Heatmor is better with heavier gauge stainless, and improved functions. Great Boiler!!!

Date created: 2014-01-20 Name: mike
Location: nc. ohio

"Excellent furnace (12) heating seasons"
Excellent furnace. All outdoor furnaces love wood!!! That is how they heat. I heat a shop (65 degrees) in floor hot water. (32 by 48) by 16 ft ceiling. well insulated and 16 by 16 overhead door. I also heat a huge farm home. I estimate 8000 sq feet of heat needed every day for my buildings. Pipes were buried 6 ft deep, sealed pipe and the insulation that was available 12 yrs ago. Only problems are the pumps. They are expensive to replace. The coil has started to leak after 12 seasons and will fix that or put heat exchanger on in stead. The ash tube has finally rusted out and being replaced. Blower motors and pumps are available online. Shop online and save. I highly recommend this unit if you have a wood supply. One comment I say on reviews that it will not burn coal. Yes, certainly will burn good Ky coal. Just do NOT over load. Ky coal burns very hot with lots of btu.s Willing to answer any questions you may have. (no I don t sell heatmors. It Is just a good furnace.)

Date created: 2013-01-14 Name: M. L.
Location: Southeast SD

"Owner"
Have had a Heatmor outdoor unit for 4 years and love it the only dislike wood be the ash auger plugs up and difficult to remove the ash from the firebox likes are the size of the firebox, size of the door, water cooled firebox door, and insulated door and cover completely around the unit!!!

Date created: 2013-01-10 Name: L. Clarke
Location: Mehoopany, PA

"Tremendous Success!"
I have been using a Heatmor Outdoor furnace for 7 winters. Back when home heating oil was around a dollar a gallon, I was spending in excess of $5,000 a winter to heat my very large, very old, very uninsulated farm house. Needless to say, heating with wood made for a significant reduction in heating cost. That all being said - my Heatmor furnace (with a lifetime warranty) has been absolutely trouble free. The only negative issue I can comment upon is that I tried (two years ago) to burn anthracite coal in the furnace. This was something the manufacturer stated was possible and I made certain I purchased a unit with shaker grates for that specific purpose. However, I was never able to maintain a fire using coal. I tried various sizes of coal and even added refractory to the furnace to help retain heat in the fire bed - but the effort was a total failure. So, coal burning turns out NOT to be an option - no matter what the company claims. That being said, the unit has been ultra reliable and efficient using hardwood as a fuel source. I would definitely recommend a Heatmor furnace.