Consumer Reviews of Heatmor wood furnaces

#13  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Heatmor wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-09-22 Name: Bill Prudhon
Location: Au Sable Forks, NY

"Terrible manufacturer support"
I have had my Heatmor for 10 years. It developed a leak around the stack at the top of the water jacket. The water jacket is rotted 1/2 an inch from the weld on the stack. Heatmor's solution is a patch that needs to be welded to the jacked and stack. Unfortunately the patch will not slide past the lift bracket supports that are welded to the stack. When Heatmor was contacted about this, they just stated that they only made that patch and did not even attempt to come up with solutions. Customer support really sucks.

Date created: 2016-01-19 Name: J. Thompson
Location: Central Maine

"Pellets for me"
Excellent outdoor pellet boiler. Heating twice the rated load (8 apartments) at a fraction of the cost! (17K on oil, 6k for pellets).Very pleased, will buy another!

Date created: 2016-01-19 Name: Rick Strout
Location: Charleston, ME

"Highest quality"
I have owned my Heatmor since 2007. I am a welder by trade for more than 30 years. Heatmor fabricators are very skilled and with the design and quality of materials they have used to build them, my furnace will last more than 20 years. I am heating 2550 square feet of living space and an 850 square foot garage with radiant floor. I would recommend Heatmor to anyone. It is the best built and highest quality furnace on the market.

Date created: 2016-01-11 Name: G SUPPLEE
Location: Douglassville, PA

"Happy heater"
The Heatmor stove is great. I've been using it for the last 5 years. It does burn a lot of wood, it burns about 1 cord a week but when you get the wood for free it's a lot easier on your pocket. Last year I burned about 25 cord but not all hard wood. I do burn pine about 75 % of the time, I try to burn coal but no luck with that! 1 dislike was the front hanger broke off, I had to weld a new hang on but if that is the only thing that goes bad so be it. And yes you will replace the pump. I heat my 3200 square foot home plus my 3 car garage that is 12 feet high, plus it heats all the hot water you need. But it is a lot of work with cutting wood, loading the stove and cleaning out the stove, but the money is in my pocket, not going overseas for oil! Keep it in the good USA. thank God.

Date created: 2015-12-18 Name: Brandon
Location: Pennsylvania

"Not happy"
Bought a model 100 new at the start of the 2014 burning season. It works good but every time it goes into a burn cycle it boils over. I called Heatmor, they told me my top door hose was too long so I cut it to the length they told met should be. The problem was still there so I called them back. They told me to drain the system and clean the fitting my door hoses connect to, so I did this even though there was absolutely nothing in any of them. I put it back together and called them back. They told me there is nothing wrong. I am to the point where I would have never bought it. I am adding upwards of ten gallon of water a day.

Date created: 2015-11-30 Name: Gary B.
Location: Almont, MI

"Not good with major leaks"
Had 400 installed by dealer in spring of 2006. Have maintained as per manufacturer and used as a primary heat source in my 1400 square foot home for the last 8 seasons. This last spring (2015) the furnace developed several pin holes in the rear exterior boiler jacket which I temporarily plugged with stainless steel screws. I spoke to the dealer and he told me the furnace was prorated with a 10 year warranty and depreciated the same way a car battery does. I did nothing at that time. Then this early fall as I topped it off, water came out as quick as I filled. Back to the dealer I went, it was not repairable. It would need a new water jacket, and even with the warranty it costs over 4600 bucks plus change out labor. Wood/coal heat is not a cheap deal. My wood was free since I have wood acreage but it is lots of work. I have also have burned coal and never burned anything other than what was recommended. In 2006 the Heatmor 400 was about 6500 bucks now it's over 9000. I will not replace it and I'm going back to conventional gas hot water heat. It is much cheaper and a lot less work. I have learned a lot, I am also a knowledgeable person when it comes to farm and mechanical things. Hopefully, this review will enlighten others

Date created: 2015-11-14 Name: gc
Location: Northern Maine

"Nice, but..."
Well built unit, the 400-4S has the horsepower to handle my 6500 square foot home in Maine no problem. It burns wood at a very consistent level. I use about 16 cord per year. I do not use it for domestic hot water, just radiant heat throughout. I do have a fantastic dealer here in Maine, he will come out to the house in the middle of the night if needed. Great guy. However, the support from the home office could be more consistent.

Date created: 2015-11-10 Name: Don Abfall Jr
Location: Adams, WI

"Good product"
I have 100 feet of the foam-filled insulated pipe under ground and it doesn't leak out any heat. That is the key to saving wood and my Heatmor 100 is really easy on wood! 12 hour fill times! It is the best and very simple to use and operate!

Date created: 2015-05-09 Name: Joe200css
Location: Minnesota

"Heatmor 19 years"
Great stove. Keeping up maintenance each year is key. With wood of 30% moisture or lower you will have a heating monster in your yard. I will buy another. When reading reviews, go by how many years they had it. Bad installs are not the stove's fault; it's the installers fault. If you read the manual you'll be a happy Heatmor owner. Don't forget, wood with 30% moisture or lower is where this stove shines. If wetter it will burn if you have enough gas for the chainsaw. Again, wet wood is not the stove's fault.

Date created: 2015-03-11 Name: P. Ladd
Location: Weld, ME

"How long will it last?"
Bought and installed a Model 200CSS in the fall of 1994. Since then I have replaced the grates once, the bladder once and the fan once. That's it. Eight months a year. Year after year after year, it just keeps going.