Consumer Reviews of Hardy wood furnaces

#23  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Hardy wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-10-31 Location: Desloge, Mo

"Great Heat for a Great Price"
Me wife and I purchased a Hardy outdoor wood stove about 2 years ago. The local town we live in adds adds on a pretty large fee to the Ameren bills, adding almost 35 cents per kilowatt hour, making our heating bill very high. We purchased the Hardy unit to offset that cost in the winter time. The only thing we really do not like about it is having to go outside to load the wood, but if you really load it up and keep it choked down, it burns for a very long time. The heat it provides is amazing. It is similar to that feeling you get sitting next to a wood burning stove that almost puts you to sleep, but you do not have the issue of the air being so dry that a wood stove often brings with it. It has cut the cost of our electric bill in the winter by over half. We have done no repairs to the unit in the close to two years we have owned it and we have recommended it to all of our friends that are looking to either control their heating bill, or go with a alternate heating source. It is really a amazing investment we made in our home by adding this stove to it. I would buy the Hardy stove again in a minute.

Date created: 2016-10-13 Name: rita hughes
Location: Mt. Pleasant, TN

"Ripoff"
After 5 years of use, the copper water coil developed a leak (apparently a very common problem). We contacted the installer ***** *****, Minor Hill, Tennessee and reported the problem, and were told he would replace the coil. We did not know that Mr. ***** was in the early stages of Alzheimers, he had always been wonderful about fixing our furnace, so as time passed we contacted him several times. The last time we contacted him, we found out he was no longer in business with Hardy. I contacted the company only to find out that the 25-year warranty does not cover the coil, a vital component to the stove. Approximate cost was $8,000 and now it is useless, water pours out and it keeps filling over and over. For a product of this extremely high cost, we want this fixed by Hardy and no cost to us.

Date created: 2016-08-02 Name: Eric
Location: Michigan

"Hardy H2"
Purchased my Hardy H2 stove locally 2 years ago. No complaints, very nice system. Highly recommend.

Date created: 2016-04-09 Name: Tina Coey
Location: Junction City, OH

"Poor"
My husband and I purchased one of these approximately 5 years ago and we have had nothing but problems with it. The guy we purchased it from wouldn't come fix it or service it. Why would you sell something if you're not going to service it. Now the hole doors have came off, and they want us to pay for shipping to get it fix. To me this is a manufacturer problem, very poor craftsmanship. Therefore in my opinion they should take care of this, but instead... I'm very unhappy with this poor, very poor, product.

Date created: 2016-02-17 Name: G. Nalley
Location: Carroll County, MS

"Wonderful H-3"
I have used a "Buck Stove" and a "High Valley" fireplace insert in my house for about 10 years. February 2015 I bought an H3, from Mr. Posey at the Hardy plant. I installed my unit the following summer in an 18' x 20' metal carport shed that holds 5.5 full cords of wood. I followed the instructions closely, with many bits of advice from Mr. Posey, who directed me with the wiring to my 35-year-old central unit. I have used my heater this winter with wonderful results. Moving the fire out of the house is a wonderful thing, less dirt and ash. My house is much more comfortable, we kept the house at 68 and now at 74. Learning to run the Hardy efficiently has been easy and quick, it likes big firewood. I would recommend a Hardy to anyone.

Date created: 2016-01-03 Name: David Barker
Location: Oxford, NC

"Hardy boilng over"
I owned a Taylor wood stove for 22 years with no issue before it rusted out. Most of my friends had Hardy stoves and really spoke good about the stove, so I purchased a Hardy in 2009. I have had issues with the stove since purchase. The one issue I have yet to resolve is boiling over. I replaced both door seals last year which did not solve the issue. In October of 2015 I put hvac tape on the rear flap which solved the issue for about a month, then it came back. Wish I had another Taylor stove. Do not know what to do. Put in a new door seal? Not sure what to do. Can anyone help? UPDATE 2/23/16: Following up on a review I wrote on 1-3-2016 on boil over issue with Hardy wood stove. Well, the issue was related to the fan unit I installed. My fan when out and I purchased an OEM fan. The fan was not sealed properly, causing the heater to get too much air. The Hardy Dealer pointed out the issue. I installed a direct replacement, problem solved. Did not want to bad mouth a Hardy for something I caused. Remember only purchase parts from a Hardy dealer. Don't make my mistake.

Date created: 2015-12-05 Name: Robert Taylor

"Hardy wood heater"
Hello, the reason I am writing this review is to hopefully help somebody from making the mistake I made. I am a contractor so I purchase a lot of different items all the time. The Hardy heater is by far the worst item I have ever purchased for myself or anyone else. I have owned this Hardy furnace for 12 years and I have never been more disappointed in anything. I have not used it for 2 weeks straight without something going wrong. Whatever you do don't waste your money on a Hardy unit.

Date created: 2015-02-06 Name: K.Woodson
Location: French Camp, MS

"Poor customer service"
I replaced the Hardy with a Crown Royal because of poor costumer service and the inefficiency of the Hardy. The Hardy is well built, but the company is only concerned about selling, not service, and the stove will burn more wood than you can feed it.

Date created: 2014-12-08 Name: B Swartzell
Location: Indiana

"Worst customer service ever!"
I like the stove, but pray you never need anything for it from the actual company. You get re-directed to a central service that will give the local guys number. They can't tell you anything. If I had to buy it over again I would go elsewhere and stay far away from this manufacturer.

Date created: 2014-10-07 Name: R Cooper
Location: Carthage, MO

"Hardy H2"
This thing is great! I highly recommend it! It was installed already when we bought the house. I originally didn't plan on using it real soon, until I saw how fast the propane went. I fired it up, and love it! No relighting or any of that manual stuff. Just light it one time, and just refill the wood daily and you are good to go. This thing is the greatest invention since sliced bread! It's great to be able to heat my garage as well. My kids can get in out of the car with no coats now matter how cold it is outside.