Consumer Reviews of Fire Chief wood furnaces

Read more about Fire Chief wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2011-12-20 Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"Works well enough"
I think that the wood furnace that I have is satisfactory for what I need. I own a lakehouse near some woods, and felt that it'd make a nice investment, since I rarely go and there was plenty of fuel available nearby, saving me on gas. My only complaint is that it isn't something that works by way of a thermostat, and as a result, I can make my house a little too warm, if I'm not careful. Also, woodcutting can feel a bit inconvenient at times, but that's just me being lazy. I do like that the furnace has a large capacity, allowing me to keep it running a long time without need for refilling it. In the even that I needed to repair it, I honestly wouldn't know where to start. I assume that before anything else, I'll have to replace some of the ducts connecting the furnace to the house, but that's just normal maintenance. If I had to buy it again, I would. I don't see any reason not to.

Date created: 2011-12-14 Location: Saint Cloud, MN

"Fire Chief Keeps Your Home Comfortable"
I have owned a Fire Chief Outdoor Wood Furnace in October. We got it to replace the indoor furnace we had due to our daughter's allergy to wood mold. The doctor said an outdoor furnace should be fine and so far her allergies have disappeared and everything is nice and cozy in our home again. There is a definite unique warmth this furnace projects that just doesn't come from other heat sources. I don't think this product warms the house as fast as indoor furnaces and it does get annoying having to run outside to throw the wood in when it is really cold outside, but other than that this is a pretty good product. I haven't tried other outdoor furnaces so I think these things are probably normal. Thankfully we have not had to fix anything on the furnace and it runs very smooth. I am happy with our purchase overall and would recommend this product to someone who is looking for a new outdoor wood furnace!

Date created: 2011-12-13 Location: philadelphia, PA

"Fire Chief Outdoor Wood Furnace review"
I have owned this furnace for 2 years now. With the cold season here again, I have it fully working in our back patio area. I live in the Philadelphia area. The patio area is enclosed with just a screen so there is no heat from the house, but with this furnace its perfect. The size of the furnace fits perfect into a corner of the room (not so big). It gives much heat for its size and I am very happy with it. I also like the power of heat performance, installation ease, and that its more economical than a boiler. It came with the blower, and starter collar which makes it ready to start as soon as its set up. As of this point in time, there is nothing that I dislike of the unit. I would purchase this unit again in the future and I highly recommend it for other people.