Consumer Reviews of Empyre wood furnaces

#33  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-01-15 Name: D. Wismer
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada

This is our third winter with this furnace and it has been a problem almost from the beginning. It is good as far as lowering my wood consumption but the overheat limit switch went the first year. The firebrick in the secondary burn chamber disintegrated the first year. The replacements would not stay in position. Removing the firebrick to do any repairs was extremely difficult. The unit sprung a leak towards the end of the second year in the upper burn chamber but now continues to produce more leaks in more places. The company has not paid for the first welding repair like they said they would. The fan died in the second year, and there is no warranty on the electrical. There is now a leak in the seam between the upper and lower parts of the firebox at the back. The metal is only 10 gauge, not the quality product they promised. Would we buy the same brand again? Are you kidding? This is the biggest boat anchor in the area. We are wondering when the company will come good for its warranty! Our dealer has been trying to get some help here but the company leaves a lot to be desired.

Date created: 2015-02-24 Name: carl
Location: NH

I am on my second year with my 200 and would never buy one again. Service is nonexistent here in New Hampshire. They never told me my electric bill would go up $100.00 per month. After 1 year of use I had to replace all the fire brick. It took all day. The installation cost was over $2,000. Just the plumbing, that is. I had to put the unit in place because the salesman showed up at night, can't back up a trailer, and had to borrow tools to assemble. It was not a good experience. I'm very, very dissatisfied. Also, there are no servicemen in my area and the salesman said he can't help me!