Consumer Reviews of Earth wood furnaces

#28  of 32 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Earth wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2015-03-20 Name: Bea Lowery
Location: Arkansas

"Never buy an Earth. They blame the customer for problems."
Two winters old and unusable. The fire chamber has a large crack in the inferior (yes, inferior) steel. Nathan Kelly told me it is my fault because I built the fire too hot. Really! Isn't hot the idea? Then he said I didn't maintain it well enough. Still my fault. They are not responsible for repair. This is a $4500.00 investment. I took very good care of it. I don't like being blamed for the lack of quality of their furnace. Their advertisement made promises they will not keep. Nothing's under warranty. Of course it's written to protect the manufacturing company. I would not recommend an Earth Furnace to an enemy. There is no honor in offering something and making promises that are not kept.

Date created: 2015-02-19 Name: 3000 dollar piece of scrap.
Location: Dryden, VA

"This stove sucks."
Worst purchase I have ever made. The stove couldn't heat an outhouse in the Florida Keys above sixty degrees when the weather is 90 degrees. It's poorly built. The draft door and fan need to be larger, along with the chimney pipe needing to be larger then 5 inches. Fire and smoke fill your face every time you try and load the stove, which has to be done at least 5 times a day. I even tried burning coal to maximize the heat output but to no avail; 58 to 60 degrees is still all you can get out of it. I even built and insulated a building around the stove to try and help, but still no heat. I would recommend just getting a kerosene heater and buying kerosene rather than getting this 3-thousand-dollar yard ornament.

Date created: 2014-10-03 Name: B. M. Lowery
Location: AR

"Unhappy"
I would never buy this brand again!

Date created: 2014-09-03 Name: bill burress
Location: Granby, Missouri

"Pump problems"
Have had my Earth for 3 years. Satisfied when it works. Have replaced pump 4 times. Have found that my manual is not the one for the furnace. Based on the diagram photos, it shows supply out the back of furnace. Mine goes over the top into the tank. In very cold weather, the water boils out. Have to refill tank 2 to 3 times a day. Like I say, it heats good when you can keep water in and pump works. Bought last pump in December 2013; by March 2014, it needed replacing. And looking for old-style B&G pump that is not a ceramic shaft.

Date created: 2013-12-14 Name: Daniel Payne
Location: Middlebrook Va

"Never Buy an Earth"
I have had this unit for 3 years now with no help from the factory or the sales man that told me the stove would heat up to 5000 sq ft but it can't even heat 1500. I had to install a pellet stove to heat my downstairs, then let the stove heat the upstairs. Still will not do it. The factory says I'm not burning dry wood, but all I burn is oak, hickory, and locust that has sat till the bark falls off then its cut split and stacked till burn season starts. If you do get an Earth stove be ready to have a chair out by the door where you can load it all night and day just to keep it at 160 can't even get to the 180 the factory says to run it at

Date created: 2012-11-23 Name: John Smith
Location: Verona, Virginia

"Dont Buy a Earth Furnace"
I have a 1000 square foot house and this furnace will not keep the house warmer then 60 degrees. I also have to fill it 4 times a day with seasoned oak firewood.The Earth salesman told me I would only have to fill it ounce a day.I Also noticed the fire went out constantly when set at the factory at 180 degrees.

Date created: 2011-12-18 Location: Willow, AK

"Bear Cub 305 FA - Dependable and a Great Value"
I've owned my Bear Cub model for almost a year now. It is the perfect size for my small Alaskan cabin. I can activate the burn from a control switch in my house, the little furnace can generate as much heat as I need from it at the push of a button. It is super insulated and very efficient. Also, my wife wanted something that would match the cabin so the sides of the furnace have the appearance of log cabin, just like our actual cabin! She thinks it looks cute, and I don't mind myself. The only problem I've found with this model is that it seems to take abnormally long to generate sufficient heat when we empty it out and start from scratch. We have had it for 10 months and we have never had it repaired or worked on. So far, dependable and easy to maintain. I would certainly buy the same brand again. Earth Wood Furnaces did a great job with this product. I actually did recommend Earth to my brother in law, who has a larger home so he bough a larger model, but he was just as satisfied with the product. Overal, it is a big upfront cost, but one that is certainly worth it over time.