Consumer Reviews of Earth wood furnaces

#30  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Earth wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2015-02-19 Name: 3000 dollar piece of scrap.
Location: Dryden, VA

"This stove sucks."
Worst purchase I have ever made. The stove couldn't heat an outhouse in the Florida Keys above sixty degrees when the weather is 90 degrees. It's poorly built. The draft door and fan need to be larger, along with the chimney pipe needing to be larger then 5 inches. Fire and smoke fill your face every time you try and load the stove, which has to be done at least 5 times a day. I even tried burning coal to maximize the heat output but to no avail; 58 to 60 degrees is still all you can get out of it. I even built and insulated a building around the stove to try and help, but still no heat. I would recommend just getting a kerosene heater and buying kerosene rather than getting this 3-thousand-dollar yard ornament.

Date created: 2014-10-03 Name: B. M. Lowery
Location: AR

I would never buy this brand again!

Date created: 2014-09-03 Name: bill burress
Location: Granby, Missouri

"Pump problems"
Have had my Earth for 3 years. Satisfied when it works. Have replaced pump 4 times. Have found that my manual is not the one for the furnace. Based on the diagram photos, it shows supply out the back of furnace. Mine goes over the top into the tank. In very cold weather, the water boils out. Have to refill tank 2 to 3 times a day. Like I say, it heats good when you can keep water in and pump works. Bought last pump in December 2013; by March 2014, it needed replacing. And looking for old-style B&G pump that is not a ceramic shaft.