Consumer Reviews of Earth wood furnaces

#29  of 34 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Earth wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-12-06 Name: Jimmy cantrell
Location: Waverly, OH

"Beware"
Purchased a Rancher 365 in September of 2014 in January of 2016 it started leaking over the summer I tore it apart to find the leak and it had a hole they told me I was out of luck then a week later I found 2 more holes so I called him back and talk to the owner it took 3 weeks to get ahold of the warranty guy before he called back. They finally sent me a new furnace but it had damage to the outside metal in the front and the back door and it was 2 years older than my old one. After 2 weeks of arguing about that he didn't have the balls to tell me that they wasn't going to do anything you had your secretary do it bunch of these selling junk don't buy

Date created: 2016-12-03 Name: Chris
Location: Coatesville

"Ripped off"
First of all, these people have this rigged to default on warranty! Six phone calls with warranty issues, & nothing but the run-around. The cleanout door is falling off- failed hinge. Both clamp lock bolts snapped twice already. Light burned out above door. Most importantly I have to put a f' n paper clip (in a $9200.00 furnace) on the intake damper to get air to fire. And yes, there are more problems, but I'm not wasting my time as I have contacted a lawyer to sue for my money back! All this occurred after 6 months of use, and as I got close to one year they avoided me like the plague. Oh, BTW you have to use their corrosion product only or you void warranty. More to come!

Date created: 2016-11-12 Name: Andrew boyle
Location: Poconos, PA

"Wood boiler"
Bought and Earth Rancher 360 wood boiler on Feb 22, 2014. It's now Nov 12, 2016 and the water jacket is rotted out. What a piece of shit.

Date created: 2015-02-19 Name: 3000 dollar piece of scrap.
Location: Dryden, VA

"This stove sucks."
Worst purchase I have ever made. The stove couldn't heat an outhouse in the Florida Keys above sixty degrees when the weather is 90 degrees. It's poorly built. The draft door and fan need to be larger, along with the chimney pipe needing to be larger then 5 inches. Fire and smoke fill your face every time you try and load the stove, which has to be done at least 5 times a day. I even tried burning coal to maximize the heat output but to no avail; 58 to 60 degrees is still all you can get out of it. I even built and insulated a building around the stove to try and help, but still no heat. I would recommend just getting a kerosene heater and buying kerosene rather than getting this 3-thousand-dollar yard ornament.

Date created: 2014-10-03 Name: B. M. Lowery
Location: AR

"Unhappy"
I would never buy this brand again!

Date created: 2014-09-03 Name: bill burress
Location: Granby, Missouri

"Pump problems"
Have had my Earth for 3 years. Satisfied when it works. Have replaced pump 4 times. Have found that my manual is not the one for the furnace. Based on the diagram photos, it shows supply out the back of furnace. Mine goes over the top into the tank. In very cold weather, the water boils out. Have to refill tank 2 to 3 times a day. Like I say, it heats good when you can keep water in and pump works. Bought last pump in December 2013; by March 2014, it needed replacing. And looking for old-style B&G pump that is not a ceramic shaft.