Consumer Reviews of Daka wood furnaces

#21  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Daka wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2013-11-12 Name: allan schlumpberger
Location: mcgregor mn

"Thinking of Something Good"
The best thing I can say about this stove is that, I will never buy another one. Just disappointed... Maybe good for south of pine city, but a joke for northern Minnesota.

Date created: 2013-09-30 Name: L. O'Brien
Location: Capon Bridge, WV

"Great Furnace"
This furnace is well-built and is easy on wood. It has an excellently designed baffle which is much of the reason for the efficiency. The only negative that I have is that the fan thermostat comes on at 120 degrees and goes off at 100 degrees. 100 degrees is slightly warmer than human temperature, the result is that the fan runs all of the time the stove has any heat in it. I solved the problem by moving the thermostat down to the level that would be just a bit above the line of the flue bricks inside. The jacket at this level is not as hot as on top, and cools more quickly. It works well mounted in this area.

Date created: 2012-12-10 Location: Boston, MA

"Heat your home without ever turning on oil!"
This furnace is great and an easy clean up. This is my second year with the furnace and I could not be more satisfied. I like that I do not have to ever use oil to heat my house. I live in a home that is slightly older and installation is not the greatest, yet this furnace still heats the house with no problem. The only thing I do not like about this furnace is once and I while I can smell smoke but other than that this furnace has been a great improvement to my home. I have and would continue to recommend this brand to friends and family.

Date created: 2012-05-03 Location: Neosho mo

"Outsidde wood furnace"
We have owned furnace for 10 years and are very happy with it. The only down fall is cutting the wood and going outside to fill the stove. But the financial savings makes up for that in the long run. Plus we have the hot water heater connected to it so the homes hot water comes from the furnace as well. We have never had any troubles or major repairs just after six years in fall had to boil out the coils with an acid rather than replace them, that did the trick the coils had calcium hard water build up on them but just needed cleaned.

Date created: 2012-04-24 Location: Madison, WI

"DAKA Wood Burner is a Blast!"
My DAKA is a pretty darn good furnace and it was a great value nonetheless. Picked this puppy up from Menards and have not regretted it since. The body is built well and sturdy, so I've got no worries on that front. There is a heat adjustable dial (who would of thunk it?!?) that lets me keep the fire from raging out of control. The door is well built and easier to operate than some other furnaces I've used and that I burned my hand on something fierce. It's a dual burner, for wood and coal, though I just been sticking to wood and haven't tried the coal, but I don't think there is any reason to doubt that it will burn just fine. I mainly use it to heat the garage in winter, where I work on hobbies and stuff my wife won't let me bring in the house. If you're looking to heat your log cabin mansion, I would suggest a different model. The only thing I would say about this little guy is just that, it's not the biggest furnace there ever was, but I was on a budget and this was about all I could afford. That being said, it's never broken down on me or anything like that. It's a great furnace for the money, you really can't go wrong.

Date created: 2012-04-11 Location: Fort Walton Beach, Fl

"My own personal wood burning furnace"
Ever since I was a little kid I have always wanted to live in a house that had a wood-burning furnace. However for the longest time I didn't really know if I could afford one, with many being over $1000 or $2000 it seemed like a goal that would never be a will to reach, however I finally broke down and purchased myself a Daka wood-burning furnace. I got it on sale, and the one thing that really made me want to get is that it could burn both coal or wood, so if I ever found myself out of wood that I would be able to get myself a new furnace. I've never had any problems with it, and it seems to have been made with really high quality craftsmanship. during the winter months it is actually been able to help me reduce the overall cost of living, due to savings on heating expenses. I would definitely recommend it to a friend, as it is one of those rustic things that you and your family can gather around and just have a good time with.