Consumer Reviews of Crown Royal wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2018-01-18 Name: Sheldon Pennoyer
Location: Greenfield, NH

"Excellent Outdoor Boiler"
I am heating an old 2100 sq ft 1790 Farm House with its fare share of air leaks. At the house we have a combination of radiant and hydronic base board heating. For domestic hot water we have a storage tank run off of one of the zones. I have had this boiler in use for five years. It is easy to clean, and relatively efficient with wood. Overall it is well designed. I like the larger water capacity compared to many other systems. The fiberglass insulation at the back of the unit is not great as you need to remove it when cleaning the unit. Crown Royals claims to values are false, but then other manufactures make the same claims. When the temperature is 15 degrees and above, the boiler can be loaded every 14 hours. In subzero weather it is best to load every 9 to 10 hours. We keep our house very comfortably heated. Something we would not do if we were using an oil or gas boiler. My only complaint is that the unit was shipped with a zone pump for the lop zone that was undersized. I worked with the Crown Royal Engineers to try and figure why the house end of the loop was 30 degrees lower that at the boiler side of the system. The result was not enough heat at the house when the temperatures out were below 20 degrees. Against the engineers recommendations, I increased the size of the pump, and from that point forward the system has operated perfectly. I would recommend this boiler.

Date created: 2018-01-18 Name: Travis Frankhouser
Location: West Virginia

"My Thoughts"
I bought a rs7300 a few years ago to replace my old one of a different brand. I did a lot of research before buying and this stove had the best features and price. I burn wood and coal and use half as much as I did with my old stove. I did have trouble with a blower damper but I called my dealer and he sent one right out to me but other than that no issues. So far so good!!
Date created: 2018-01-18 Name: Joanie Detlefsen
Location: Maryland

"A Happy Home"
From a leaky, older insulated home and uninsulated garage, this 3rd year of firing up Furnace rs7300 is getting to be a roaring success. Quirky conditions constantly teach me a more successful balance of wood and stoker coal. It costs more on a learning curve to waste some trying different strategies because usually / often I over feed it. So impressive when less goes a long way! I don't see anyone writing about coal. I love it dearly. And completely agree with the comment about the hot water. It is superior when it's heated by the Crown Royal. That's funny. So true. Nice to read other women commenting. I learn by talking to Greentech and extracting answers to the quirks, but they are always shared tips or other's experiences. That sends me off on talking to coal miners and learning more from others too. I love the ritual of fire making. Saving money is great, also! For those so inclined, pursue a Crown Royal furnace and it will work out to your advantage absolutely.
Date created: 2018-01-08 Name: J. Janssen
Location: Crane Lake, MN

"Could not be happier with my Crown Royal Stove!"
In 2014 I installed a Crown Royal stove at my business in N Minnesota. I placed it in between my residence and my shop. I could not be happier with not only how the stove performs but the ease of maintenance as well. The stove heats my 4000 square foot house and 6000 square foot shop with in floor heat. It heats my house so much better... Our house is older so not as well insulated. With our old system if it was -20 the house was difficult to keep above 60 degrees. With our new wood heat, no problem keeping it as warm as you like. The dealer we used has been very diligent in any operational or maintenance issues we run into. Thank you for keeping my mother in law happy when she visits, now she stays longer!!
Date created: 2018-01-08 Name: Nick T.
Location: Minnesota

"I can't be happier."
I have heat with a crown royal 7500 for five years. I heat a hardware store that is 12,000 square feet, I also heat a shop that we fix our rental equipment in, we used to keep the shop at 45 and the store at 60, now they both are set a 70. We use wood and coal and fill twice a day. I can't be happier. I have had to order parts and the company is a pleasure to deal with.
Date created: 2018-01-07 Name: Ron Dautel
Location: Tenstrike, MN

"We love our Crown Royal RS7400 and our Free heat"
My wife and I moved to northern Minnesota in June 2013. We built a 40x60 pole barn with a small apartment in it. Our plan all along was to get a wood burning boiler. We did not get into the pole barn until late November so during our first winter our pole barn was heated solely with propane. After spending $700 a month on propane getting a wood boiler was top priority. I did a lot a research and the Crown Royal rs7400 seemed like the best value and large enough to heat our future log cabin as well. We purchased our boiler in the fall of 2014 not only do we heat with it but we also heat all of our hot water with it as well . Since we installed our wood boiler we have spent $0 on heat because we gather all of our wood off our property for free.
Date created: 2018-01-06 Name: Travis Frankhouser
Location: West Virginia

"My Thoughts"
Date created: 2018-01-06 Name: D. Colwell
Location: Windsor, NY

"RS7200 great stove"
I purchased this stove after having a Taylor Wood boiler for 19 years. I love this stove, only put wood in it morning and evening. I believe that I am burning approximately 1/3 less wood than I was with my other unit. I have no problems keepon* my house warm. I also believe the Crown Royal wood boiler is much more efficient and that I get more heat out of my wood with the grate at the bottom of the firebox. I also heat my hot water for my house, thus running my boiler year round, by doing this I believ3 I save at a minimum $30 per month over heating my domestic hot water with electric. I am a very satisfied user and would recommend Crown Royal to anyone.
Date created: 2018-01-06 Name: david kvaka
Location: Pennsylvania

"7300 review"
Hi crown royal my home is very warm this winter outside temp has been up to -12 at night during day temp 8 above for the last 2 weeks I fill stove twice a day very good on wood use I have my 7300 for 2 half years my last stove was a shaver lots of problems with shaver very happy with crown royal 7300
Date created: 2018-01-05 Name: Joe Rossi
Location: Pennsylvania

"Love my out door burner"
Bought this rs7300 to replace another stove that we had previously. This one is outstanding Heat's two houses with minimal work. If anything ever happens to the stove I will definitely buy another one great company to deal with