Consumer Reviews of Crown Royal wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-02-03 Name: Jessica Holmestad
Location: International Falls, MN

"Bad Reviews"
I am writing as the manufacture of the Crown Royal Stoves. I am reading the bad reviews for Crown Royal Stoves and want to say the warranty process is not how these bad reviewers explained. There is a 20 year limited warranty that comes with every Crown Royal Stove purchased. In order to maintain this warranty you must test your furnace's water yearly. The testing, the bottles and labels are mailed to you free of charge. We have lots of customers that test their water yearly with no problems. If you need references or have questions about the warranty on these stoves please call 866-361-7355.

Date created: 2014-01-23 Name: Thomas J Havlicek
Location: Minong Wisconsin

"I've tried the rest NOW I have the Best!!!"
Regardless of what other stoves claim I know for a fact that the Crown Royal Outdoor Wood Stove uses less wood to heat my home and work shop than other stoves do. I have had other stoves in the past years and have seen first hand what other brands of stoves heating almost the exact same square footage that I heat burn. We are in one if the coldest winters on record and yet my 12 cord pile is hardly dented and it is January twenty third!!I Think you would have to kill me to get my Crown Royal Stove away from me!!!!! The staff at Int'l Falls is so helpful in answering any questions that come up. I recommend this stove to everyone and that's no brag, just fact!

Date created: 2013-12-27 Name: P. Schultz
Location: Long Prairie, MN

"Very Discouraged"
Purchased stove in 2006, workmanship was the cause of first leak in 2009. Trying to have company pay for warranty costs took several months and legal council. This year developed another workmanship leak and going through same ordeal with company. This company stands way, way behind their product, customer service and warranty claims.

Date created: 2013-12-19 Name: H. Phillips
Location: Cadillac, MI

"Awesome Unit"
I bought this unit approximately 2.5 years ago. I have owned several other brands before and nothing compares to this stove to date. It has saved me thousands of dollars in heating bills. It is easy to run and maintain and I received excellent service from my dealer and the manufacturer. You have to use their chemical in order to get warranty, but I haven't had a problem. I am assuming the bad reviews on this stove are because of not using chemical and testing the water. All is I have to say this is the best stove I have ever used. Don't read the reviews. Give it a try! You will not regret it!!

Date created: 2013-12-19 Name: P. Schultz
Location: Long Prairie, MN

"Crown Royal leak and warranty issues"
Owned Crown Royal Stove since 2006, first leak developed in 2009. Trying to work with company on warranty was like getting a root canal and enema at the same time..they get you from both ends. The leak was due to poor workmanship per the repair man (which I had to do all the leg work on the warranty). This year I'm going through the same thing. If money is not an issue for you, fix the leaks yourself and forgo the warranty as they don't stand behind it. If you have months to work warranty issues with the company, please buy a Crown Royal stove or better yet..I'll have one to sell you.

Date created: 2013-12-11 Name: Paul
Location: Alaska

"Crown Royal Stove"
I have had a Crown Royal Stove for 7 years, it is a rs7400. The stove has paid for itself in the first 4 years and has now saved me thousands of dollars. I have had to replace one blower, my dealer has always been very helpful and stocks all parts for the stoves. My son just installed his rs7300 Crown Royal this year and also loves it. I would highly recommend this stove!

Date created: 2013-10-24 Name: R. Noll
Location: Lakewood, Pa.

"Purchased in Fall of 2008"
Purchased in fall of 2008. Uses wood as fast as you can cut it. Wiring and solenoid caught on fire last year. At the end of last year and now this year, the boiler has developed multiple leaks. Called to factory, was told caused by bad welds. Installation and service by dealer very unsatisfactory.

Date created: 2012-10-21 Name: Russ Martin
Location: Seneca, WI

"7200 6 years old"
Supposedly has a 20 year warranty. Warranty does not transfer to new owner if property is sold. This unit is 6 years old, purchased in 2006 when the place was built and has multiple leaks. Company will not stand by unit or prorate warranty at all. The advertised 20 year warranty is pretty flimsy if you ask me. We will be replacing the unit with a different brand. No need buying more from a company who does little to stand by their product.

Date created: 2012-05-11 Location: Raleigh, NC

"Crown Royal Review"
I've had the Crown Royal RS7400E for about 2 years now. I like the fact that it comes with a water level indicator, an extra large loading firebox, and a long burn time. It's also backed with a 20 year manufacturer warranty, which is very useful. I honestly have no complaints, I've never had to repair it and I like all the features it comes with. I would definitely buy this brand again.

Date created: 2012-04-27 Location: Hadlyme, CT

"My family loves our outdoor wood burning furnace and how much money it saves!"
We have had our wood furnace for almost 2 years now. We live in a wooded area and have friends that cut down trees for a living so we get a lot of free firewood. Its nince to be able to have the house at such a warm tempurature through our long north eastern winters. We dislike how locals are fighting the use of our furnace, becuase it saves us so much money. We had to add a stack to it last fall, becuase of a neighbors complaint of dust in her house. Other than that we have had no problems. We have recommended this brand to friends, and one of them has already purchased it for their own home. My family just can't beat the cost saving benefits own owning an outdoor wood burning furnace, and ours is the perfect size for our home. Plus we cant beat the customer service, any time we have a question someone calls us back within a day, or comes out to the house within a week.