Consumer Reviews of Crown Royal wood furnaces

#4  of 34 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Crown Royal wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2019-02-13 Name: Stephen s.
Location: New Castle, VA

"Saving on heating costs and staying warm!"
I searched the Web to find any complaints and could not find a single one. I had a couple of issues, one being me and figuring out what high limit to set and a dff that worked for my two bedroom A-frame home and domestic heat. The Only heat I had before my 7300mp with a Non-vented lng gas-log heat that only heated the living room to 70 degrees and the two bedrooms at 50 and was making us sick from carbon monoxide poisoning. Now that the boiler is outside we solved that problem. My dhw was electric and was only warm, couldn't run anything when taking a shower and even that you were lucky to have a little more than ten minutes before it got cold. Now with my 7300mp going thru my cooling ducts I now have a constant 72degrees everywhere in my home. Taking a shower is like heaven with unlimited super hot water without any restrictions. I did have a problem where one of the airflow solenoids got stuck in the open position causing the boiler to boil out before I noticed it. I called my local Crown Royal Heating & Air company and sent someone up instantly and solved the problem by simply spraying some wd40 on the solenoid arms and said to spray them every once in a while. I used to pay over $800 per year for lng gas which only kept one room at 70degrees. With my 7300mp the whole house is at a toasty 72degrees. So far I've bought 6cords($600) so I've saved heating cost and have the whole home at the same temperature. I would like to thank my dealer BlueRidge Heating and Air in Christiansburg, Virginia

Date created: 2019-02-12 Name: K. Ouimette
Location: Conway, MA

"Much less smoke"
Previously owned a Wood Doctor which was fine until the second leak occurred. Happy so far with the 7200 mp. Notice that there is much less smoking. Too early to compare wood consumption, but will let you know.
Date created: 2019-02-11 Name: K. Adam
Location: Coshocton, OH

"Saving on electric"
I absolutely love our wood burner! We installed it when we built our house and has saved us so much money on electric. It is very large and can hold a lot of wood, and maintains a great temperature throughout the house. Thank you crown Royal stoves!
Date created: 2019-02-07 Name: R. Finkel
Location: Port Hope, MI

"Heats faster and less ashes"
I bought my stove from a local dealer who explained the stove very well for me. I previously had a stove that I had built myself so my house and shed were set up for it. The crown royal stove heats up much faster than I ever expected and has way fewer ashes than I was used to. With the ashborher in our state, the wood is not as dense as it should be but with the amount of air this stove forces into the fire it doesn't matter.
Date created: 2019-02-07 Name: R. Doty
Location: Clarksville, IA

"American Made Product Built To Last"
With -50° for the last 2 days, the 7400mp has done an excellent job. Very happy with our purchase. An American made product that seems built to last and great customer service.
Date created: 2019-02-07 Name: M. Ingold
Location: Graham, NC

"Multi Pass Series"
Purchased my 7400mp from a show. Talked with Ryan numerous times, even on a Sunday a few times. This unit replaced an old Taylor t-750. I had my mind set on another company, but after seeing Crown Royal at a logging expo and talking with Ryan, the choice was clear. I am certainly glad I have purchased from them. The Multi Pass series is very efficient and if you get it in the door it will burn it. The variable speed on the fan control is nice as well. Very fast recovery times. Super large firebox, in which we only fill less than 1/2 full for a 12 hrs burn. For a conventional type stove, this has got to be rated up there with the gasification unit. The shaker grates plus ash pan is very nice. Shake the grates every other day, empty pan 2-3 times a week, and clean top heat exchanger every 3 weeks or so. That’s all the maintenance to do.
Date created: 2019-02-07 Name: K. Ferris
Location: Burwell, NE

"Amazing efficiency"
Best decision we made. Heats our shop/floor and our Sport Shop! We can get about a 13-hour burn on our stove! Hooking into our electric furnaces, its help with the air coming out warmer and the furnaces don't run or struggle to keep up. The efficiency of the stove is amazing. Thank you for building a great product that's American made and built tough.
Date created: 2019-02-07 Name: D. Kent
Location: Varysburg, NY

"RS7300 Indoor Unit"
The rs7300 Indoor works as it should be filled once in the morning & once in the evening. Burns hot & steady.
Date created: 2019-02-05 Name: K. Bottenfield
Location: Crimora, VA

"Great Workmanship"
Updated a 20 year old stove to a more efficient model, choosing a Crown Royal 7400mp. I really like this boiler, it uses less wood and has a short recovery time. It's well engineered and the workmanship is great. I really like the ash pan since the old stove didn't have one.
Date created: 2019-02-05 Name: S. Horn
Location: Union City, PA

"Burns great and easy to maintain"
It's so great. We now only fill the stove once a day. We use so much less wood than the indoor wood burner we had. It's so nice not having to bring wood in the basement every week. It's so nice not to worry about using fuel oil. And if you're cold, it's nothing to turn up the temp in the house. And the hot water is hot. Saves on electric for the water tank also. This stove is very low maintenance. Just make sure to have the water sample sent in yearly to be tested. Other than that just empty the ashes and clean the stove. No need to worry of the chimney fire, and the house catching fire, or cleaning the pipe out every week.