Consumer Reviews of Crown Royal wood furnaces

Read more about Crown Royal wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2018-01-07 Name: Ron Dautel
Location: Tenstrike, MN

"We love our Crown Royal RS7400 and our Free heat"
My wife and I moved to northern Minnesota in June 2013. We built a 40x60 pole barn with a small apartment in it. Our plan all along was to get a wood burning boiler. We did not get into the pole barn until late November so during our first winter our pole barn was heated solely with propane. After spending $700 a month on propane getting a wood boiler was top priority. I did a lot a research and the Crown Royal rs7400 seemed like the best value and large enough to heat our future log cabin as well. We purchased our boiler in the fall of 2014 not only do we heat with it but we also heat all of our hot water with it as well . Since we installed our wood boiler we have spent $0 on heat because we gather all of our wood off our property for free.

Date created: 2018-01-06 Name: Travis Frankhouser
Location: West Virginia

"My Thoughts"
I bought a rs7300 a few years ago to replace my old one of a different brand. I did a lot of research before buying and this stove had the best features and price. I burn wood and coal and use half as much as I did with my old stove. I did have trouble with a blower damper but I called my dealer and he sent one right out to me but other than that no issues. So far so good!!

Date created: 2018-01-06 Name: D. Colwell
Location: Windsor, NY

"RS7200 great stove"
I purchased this stove after having a Taylor Wood boiler for 19 years. I love this stove, only put wood in it morning and evening. I believe that I am burning approximately 1/3 less wood than I was with my other unit. I have no problems keepon* my house warm. I also believe the Crown Royal wood boiler is much more efficient and that I get more heat out of my wood with the grate at the bottom of the firebox. I also heat my hot water for my house, thus running my boiler year round, by doing this I believ3 I save at a minimum $30 per month over heating my domestic hot water with electric. I am a very satisfied user and would recommend Crown Royal to anyone.

Date created: 2018-01-06 Name: Sheldon Pennoyer
Location: Greenfield, NH

"Excellent Outdoor Boiler"
I am heating an old 2100 sq ft 1790 Farm House with its fare share of air leaks. At the house we have a combination of radiant and hydronic base board heating. For domestic hot water we have a storage tank run off of one of the zones. I have had this boiler in use for five years. It is easy to clean, and relatively efficient with wood. Overall it is well designed. I like the larger water capacity compared to many other systems. The fiberglass insulation at the back of the unit is not great as you need to remove it when cleaning the unit. Crown Royals claims to r values are false, but then other manufactures make the same claims. When the temperature is 15 degrees and above, the boiler can be loaded every 14 hours. In subzero weather it is best to load every 9 to 10 hours. We keep our house very comfortably heated. Something we would not do if we were using an oil or gas boiler. My only complaint is that the unit was shipped with a zone pump for the lop zone that was undersized. I worked with the Crown Royal Engineers to try and figure why the house end of the loop was 30 degrees lower that at the boiler side of the system. The result was not enough heat at the house when the temperatures out were below 20 degrees. Against the engineers recommendations, I increased the size of the pump, and from that point forward the system has operated perfectly. I would recommend this boiler.

Date created: 2018-01-06 Name: david kvaka
Location: Pennsylvania

"7300 review"
Hi crown royal my home is very warm this winter outside temp has been up to -12 at night during day temp 8 above for the last 2 weeks I fill stove twice a day very good on wood use I have my 7300 for 2 half years my last stove was a shaver lots of problems with shaver very happy with crown royal 7300

Date created: 2018-01-06 Name: Ron Mattern
Location: Bellefonte, PA.

"Lots of heat"
I love the stove, I heat my 3200sf house and 1200sf house and couldn't be happier. I like the flexibility of wood and coal. It was 0 degrees here this morning and wake up to a toasty home and shop. Love it.

Date created: 2018-01-05 Name: Joe Rossi
Location: Pennsylvania

"Love my out door burner"
Bought this rs7300 to replace another stove that we had previously. This one is outstanding Heat's two houses with minimal work. If anything ever happens to the stove I will definitely buy another one great company to deal with

Date created: 2018-01-05 Name: Eric Gantley
Location: Onondaga, NY

"Wood Boiler"
New Crown Royal stainless steel boiler customer this season. Works so much better than our old boiler, keeps the temperature up with sub zero temperatures so far this winter.

Date created: 2018-01-05 Name: K. Mathna

"Warm house and no mess inside!"
I live in a house that was built in the 1800s. Prior to purchasing a Crown Royal stove, my family would spend $800 a month on fuel oil. Our house typically would be 68į or cooler. After using the outside wood burner we no longer have that problem. My once freezing home is now nice and cozy! The part I love the most is no worries of our children getting too close to a hot stove and any mess is outside! We would purchase another stove in a heartbeat!

Date created: 2018-01-05 Name: Ernest Jones
Location: North Carolina

"CrownRoyal 7300"
Iím on my fourth years hearing my house and shop with a Crowroyal 7300. I have zero issues with this wood furnace. I keep the water tested and treated and perform the startup and shutdown procedures every winter and spring. This furnace is very efficient compared to others. I know because we have another brand at another farm house we own and it eats up the wood. With the CrownRoyal my wife fills it in the morning and again at night. Thatís it., And yes I said my wife! I travel for work a lot and she keeps the house and shop going. This was a great investment. I wish I could purchase another 7300rs without having to gshop to the gasification model. I hope to see the guys from CrownRoyal at this years farm show, maybe they have one stashed somewhere I can buy.