Consumer Reviews of Crown Royal wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2015-12-11 Name: S Fiske
Location: Greenfield, MA

"RS7500"
We compared a lot of burners. This has the 409 stainless steel, the R30 insulation in the walls and the R40 in the roof, which were certainly important factors, but it was the 500,000 BTU capacity plus the 620 gallons of water and most importantly the secondary air feature that sealed the deal. We found bigger ones, but not with secondary air. We needed something with enough capacity for the multiple uses we put it to, and we want as clean burning and efficient a unit as possible. I hope you come back in 20 years and ask me how I like it then!

Date created: 2015-12-04 Name: Mark Babb
Location: 12 Mile, IN

"RS 7400"
After nearly 4 years of study, talking to owners(all brands), research, and countless hours of viewing boilers in operation first hand, we decided Green Tech Crown Royals were the best option we could find on the market. However, on a tight farmer's budget and a wife that was extremely skeptical about spending our money anywhere, we decided to make a 14 hour trip from Indiana to Green Tech. This was set up for us by a dealer in Traverse City, Michigan, named Larry Street . What an amazing trip this was. Ryan and the crew at Green Tech gave us a day long personal tour and showed us each step of their process to building these state of the art boilers. After seeing that they heat their own factory with these and a lunch trip to Ryan's own home to see he uses his own product, my wife decided walking on these heated floors was pretty close to a heavenly experience! Miss Skeptical decided we should buy a bigger unit than we had planned on and not only heat our 1800 square foot home with one but the farm shop 5600 square feet with 22' ceilings,and a 1400 square foot apartment off of the shop. Now I was a little apprehensive but we wrote the check, loaded our stove and every component needed to install it and headed back to Indiana. We both agree this is the best money we have ever spent, ever! Our home is so warm and comfortable now! Our shop has friends, family, neighbors, and even the local school basketball teams (practices)in it every day because of the amazing comfort of having warm floors in the dead of winter. Needless to say we are honestly shocked at how easy it was to install ourselves and the results being better than we ever imagined. When you're laying on the floor working, you're warm, your tools are warm, snow melts off fast and the floors dry themselves. We actually have people that stop in at the shop now on cold and wet days and just sit and visit due to the comfort of this heat. We bought a couple old church pews because we ran out of 5 gallon buckets for seating! LOL We have a couple neighbors who had wood boilers before us and just heat their homes off them. We are heating the house, apartment, and shop and we are using 1/3 the wood a week that they use to just heat their home. 1 has already sold his old competitor boiler and is going to make the switch to the boiler we have.The other is in the process of trying to sell his with the intent on getting an RS7400 himself. We are not even close to using all our BTU's available so we are now hooking up to heat our hot water for personal use as well. A calf barn with a heated floor and a grain bin with a drying system off the boiler are now in the planning stages as well. Basically we are burning wood that we have each year from cleaning fence rows around the farm. We used to pile it and have brush piles to have to burn off. Now we are heating everything for free with the same amount of work we were already doing. This is plain common sense not rocket science. Unit is saving money, more than we even thought. We will never be without this heat. When we go visit people at their places we are cold now and honestly can't wait to get back home to our comfort. Our furniture will last forever cause we usually watch TV from the floor (heating pad)now! Only one problem we have had. The guy that helps me do repairs in the shop and myself have to work together now, because when you crawl under a truck or tractor to work there is no way you can stay awake unless you have company! The floor is really that nice to work on!

Date created: 2015-11-16 Name: Kirk W Johnson
Location: Northern Minnesota

"Crown Royal 7300"
I have been running commercial boilers for 35 years, I have also been heating water with wood at home for the same amount of years. As for my purchase of the Crown Royal model 7300 this is my second year of operation. I spent a lot of time researching my new purchase and to date could not be happier. It is everything I thought it would be.

Date created: 2015-10-07 Name: David Heine
Location: Indiana

"About Crown Royal stove"
I have had my wood stove for 9 years. I like the big door because I get some big pieces of wood and don't split them. The round burn chamber keeps the inside clean and easy to clean out. The shaker grates and ash pan work very well. Wish I'd bought a bigger one; I am heating the house, hot water and small work shop. I would by the same brand again.

Date created: 2015-02-05 Name: K.Woodson
Location: French Camp, MS

"Satisfied"
I live in Mississippi, 60 miles from where the Hardy Furnace is manufactured. I replaced my Hardy H2 with the Crown Royal RS 7300. Before buying a Crown stove, I read all the reviews and contacted Greentech about the negative reviews. The person I spoke with explained the past issues and how they had corrected them. I explained to the Crown sales rep that I currently own a Hardy and was considering going back with a Hardy. He was very professional and explained to me that Hardy has a well built stove, but it consumes more wood than the Crown. So, I went with the Crown Royal. I sent the water sample in within a week of installation and never received the results. So I contacted Greentech, and they emailed me the results. Everyone that I have dealt with at Greetech has been more than helpful. I can honestly say that the Crown stove burns about a third less wood than the Hardy, and the customer service, so far, has been way better than Hardy.

Date created: 2015-01-31 Name: M. Junger
Location: Duluth, MN

"Poor design, assembled with subpar material"
I bought a slightly used RS7300 two heating seasons ago. Since that time I have been trying to figure out why they didn't just call it a smoke dragon or wood pig. This thing is the worst wood burning device I have ever seen. The stove is rated to heat well over the square footage I'm attempting to heat, but it's basically out after eight hours whether I'm burning seasoned or green red oak. When I installed it, I over-sized the plate exchanger and I used the best insulated pipe in the ground, even though the stove is only 100 feet from my house. I figured it would be a great system, but the first year I ran it I burned three times the wood that I burned before with an indoor boiler (18 cords compared to 6). The other things that I know about this P.O.S. is that the welds are all rusting out. I had to re-weld the whole seam in the chimney because the boiler may be stainless but they couldn't quite spring for stainless welding. Let me tell you, there is nothing like laying inside a boiler welding. The insulation inside the boiler may be R-40 in places, but when I removed the tin cover there were 2-inch wide gaps between the pieces and one piece was folded on top of itself, leaving a 2 x 2 foot area of 180 boiler jacket exposed to twenty-below air. Nice Workmanship. I have now modified it to work more efficiently with far less smoke than before, but I'm still buying a portage and main before the Feds take the opportunity away from us! If you like sending cord after cord of wood up in smoke I have a Crown Royal I'll sell ya cheap. What is scrap metal going for a ton right now, I wonder. Oh, by the way, I live two miles from a Central Boiler dealer and I don't own one of those for a good reason also. Read the reviews on those and you will find about the same opinions on them. Plus, I can vouch for all the guys that say their customer service is horrible. I walked into their store to buy one, cash in hand, and I walked out mad, with no boiler. They had lies from the very start just to sell me one. Plus they rust out fast.

Date created: 2014-10-26 Name: p frericks
Location: Minnesota

"Beware"
Very unhappy with my Crown Royal stove, from the company I bought it from to Greentech Manufacturing. I called the warranty department to ask some questions and they were too busy to talk to me. They took my phone number and I haven't heard a word from them. I have 18 grand into this stove and haven't burnt a log in it yet. I wish I would have done more research. They get your money, that's all they want.

Date created: 2014-10-16 Name: P. Schultz
Location: Long Prairie, MN

"Majority of satisfied ratings came from dealers or manufacturer"
Don't believe all the satisfied ratings - they came from the manufacturer or dealer. Do your homework before you make a purchase. I wish I had.

Date created: 2014-05-29 Name: Jim Strandlund
Location: Minnesota

"Best Outdoor Stoves and Company!!"
They have by far the best outdoor wood stoves/boilers I have ever seen. The company personnel are very helpful and knowledgeable about the industry. Their EPA-qualified stove the RS7400 has saved me at least 50% less wood than the old Taylor stove I had before!

Date created: 2014-05-27 Name: Lynn Haines
Location: Jersey Shore PA.

"Water leaks from inside out"
Had this stove installed in the fall of 2010 and always filled it with water from day one. It had leaks inside of fire box and three other leaks on outside of water jacket from bad welds. It was sent back to Greentech for repair. They patched it up and still charged me around $800.00. Now, two years later I have six more leaks on outside of water jackets where it is leaking from the inside out. The water sample were all ok and done on time. The whole stove is built with bad steel that has a lot of thin spots and pin holes. This stove need to be replaced under full warranty to be right. I filed a clam for warranty work on 4/17/2014 and have not heard a thing .