Consumer Reviews of Crown Royal wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2015-02-05 Name: K.Woodson
Location: French Camp, MS

"Satisfied"
I live in Mississippi, 60 miles from where the Hardy Furnace is manufactured. I replaced my Hardy H2 with the Crown Royal RS 7300. Before buying a Crown stove, I read all the reviews and contacted Greentech about the negative reviews. The person I spoke with explained the past issues and how they had corrected them. I explained to the Crown sales rep that I currently own a Hardy and was considering going back with a Hardy. He was very professional and explained to me that Hardy has a well built stove, but it consumes more wood than the Crown. So, I went with the Crown Royal. I sent the water sample in within a week of installation and never received the results. So I contacted Greentech, and they emailed me the results. Everyone that I have dealt with at Greetech has been more than helpful. I can honestly say that the Crown stove burns about a third less wood than the Hardy, and the customer service, so far, has been way better than Hardy.

Date created: 2015-01-31 Name: M. Junger
Location: Duluth, MN

"Poor design, assembled with subpar material"
I bought a slightly used RS7300 two heating seasons ago. Since that time I have been trying to figure out why they didn't just call it a smoke dragon or wood pig. This thing is the worst wood burning device I have ever seen. The stove is rated to heat well over the square footage I'm attempting to heat, but it's basically out after eight hours whether I'm burning seasoned or green red oak. When I installed it, I over-sized the plate exchanger and I used the best insulated pipe in the ground, even though the stove is only 100 feet from my house. I figured it would be a great system, but the first year I ran it I burned three times the wood that I burned before with an indoor boiler (18 cords compared to 6). The other things that I know about this P.O.S. is that the welds are all rusting out. I had to re-weld the whole seam in the chimney because the boiler may be stainless but they couldn't quite spring for stainless welding. Let me tell you, there is nothing like laying inside a boiler welding. The insulation inside the boiler may be R-40 in places, but when I removed the tin cover there were 2-inch wide gaps between the pieces and one piece was folded on top of itself, leaving a 2 x 2 foot area of 180 boiler jacket exposed to twenty-below air. Nice Workmanship. I have now modified it to work more efficiently with far less smoke than before, but I'm still buying a portage and main before the Feds take the opportunity away from us! If you like sending cord after cord of wood up in smoke I have a Crown Royal I'll sell ya cheap. What is scrap metal going for a ton right now, I wonder. Oh, by the way, I live two miles from a Central Boiler dealer and I don't own one of those for a good reason also. Read the reviews on those and you will find about the same opinions on them. Plus, I can vouch for all the guys that say their customer service is horrible. I walked into their store to buy one, cash in hand, and I walked out mad, with no boiler. They had lies from the very start just to sell me one. Plus they rust out fast.

Date created: 2014-10-26 Name: p frericks
Location: Minnesota

"Beware"
Very unhappy with my Crown Royal stove, from the company I bought it from to Greentech Manufacturing. I called the warranty department to ask some questions and they were too busy to talk to me. They took my phone number and I haven't heard a word from them. I have 18 grand into this stove and haven't burnt a log in it yet. I wish I would have done more research. They get your money, that's all they want.

Date created: 2014-10-16 Name: P. Schultz
Location: Long Prairie, MN

"Majority of satisfied ratings came from dealers or manufacturer"
Don't believe all the satisfied ratings - they came from the manufacturer or dealer. Do your homework before you make a purchase. I wish I had.

Date created: 2014-05-29 Name: Jim Strandlund
Location: Minnesota

"Best Outdoor Stoves and Company!!"
They have by far the best outdoor wood stoves/boilers I have ever seen. The company personnel are very helpful and knowledgeable about the industry. Their EPA-qualified stove the RS7400 has saved me at least 50% less wood than the old Taylor stove I had before!

Date created: 2014-05-27 Name: Lynn Haines
Location: Jersey Shore PA.

"Water leaks from inside out"
Had this stove installed in the fall of 2010 and always filled it with water from day one. It had leaks inside of fire box and three other leaks on outside of water jacket from bad welds. It was sent back to Greentech for repair. They patched it up and still charged me around $800.00. Now, two years later I have six more leaks on outside of water jackets where it is leaking from the inside out. The water sample were all ok and done on time. The whole stove is built with bad steel that has a lot of thin spots and pin holes. This stove need to be replaced under full warranty to be right. I filed a clam for warranty work on 4/17/2014 and have not heard a thing .

Date created: 2014-05-19 Name: M.H.
Location: Ohio

"Not Happy Customers!"
Unfortunately I cannot give a positive review for this company or the stove. From the very beginning the order was wrong, the delivery was way off (which cost us a lot of money for the company's mistake). Then the owner and his father who run Crown Royal didn't stand behind their word on the product, warranty, nor did they refund us for extra parts we did not order but they sent us etc. There is zero integrity with this company and those who run it, very unprofessional. Then they make you get the water tested every year for the warranty and "lose" the results at your expense. I have spent 6 months asking for them to send us our results and we still have yet to get them. This is their way of not having to warrant their stoves. I could honestly go on and on with details of what a terrible experience this was. Lets just say this- if you are going to spend the money on a good outdoor boiler please don't make the same mistake we did- go with a reputable company who has integrity and a good product. We spent over $15k on this 'project' in total and are highly disappointed to say the least.

Date created: 2014-02-03 Name: Jessica Holmestad
Location: International Falls, MN

"Bad Reviews"
I am writing as the manufacture of the Crown Royal Stoves. I am reading the bad reviews for Crown Royal Stoves and want to say the warranty process is not how these bad reviewers explained. There is a 20 year limited warranty that comes with every Crown Royal Stove purchased. In order to maintain this warranty you must test your furnace's water yearly. The testing, the bottles and labels are mailed to you free of charge. We have lots of customers that test their water yearly with no problems. If you need references or have questions about the warranty on these stoves please call 866-361-7355.

Date created: 2014-01-23 Name: Thomas J Havlicek
Location: Minong Wisconsin

"I've tried the rest NOW I have the Best!!!"
Regardless of what other stoves claim I know for a fact that the Crown Royal Outdoor Wood Stove uses less wood to heat my home and work shop than other stoves do. I have had other stoves in the past years and have seen first hand what other brands of stoves heating almost the exact same square footage that I heat burn. We are in one if the coldest winters on record and yet my 12 cord pile is hardly dented and it is January twenty third!!I Think you would have to kill me to get my Crown Royal Stove away from me!!!!! The staff at Int'l Falls is so helpful in answering any questions that come up. I recommend this stove to everyone and that's no brag, just fact!

Date created: 2013-12-27 Name: P. Schultz
Location: Long Prairie, MN

"Very Discouraged"
Purchased stove in 2006, workmanship was the cause of first leak in 2009. Trying to have company pay for warranty costs took several months and legal council. This year developed another workmanship leak and going through same ordeal with company. This company stands way, way behind their product, customer service and warranty claims.