Consumer Reviews of Crown Royal wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2017-08-31 Name: Zack Reese
Location: Wisconsin

"Saving $$$"
I bought the rs7500 and am amazed at how much I can heat now. I used to spend $20,000 per year heating my business. Now I am heating my business for $4,000 and have 20,000 square feet. I am impressed with the stove and company!

Date created: 2017-06-29 Name: Danny Jones
Location: Pennsylvania

"Worth the money"
I was on the fence about buying a Crown Royal because of the upfront costs. Boy was I wrong. It has saved me thousands in heating bills. I can only tell you after you do your research, you will be buying a Crown Royal. They are the best on the market.

Date created: 2017-05-12 Name: Jared D.
Location: Ohio

"RS7300E = WOW"
I recently upgraded to the rs7300e from a different manufactures stove and all I have to say is I am amazed. This thing is saving me a ton of firewood and on the plus side less wood cutting. I am extremely impressed with this stove and the company. I would check them out and do your research with other manufactures before buying. Crown Royal Stoves and Greentech Manufacturing were very professional to work with.

Date created: 2017-02-28 Name: Doug R.

"Awesome Savings $$$$"
Before purchasing my Crown Royal Stove I called around to different manufactures (all of them giving me their sales pitch). But Crown Royal Stoves was different and no pressure. They seemed much more genuine than the other manufactures I talked with. Now, I have had my stove going on 5 years now and it has paid for itself twice! I have received great customer service directly from the manufacture which is very rare these days. I would highly recommend Crown Royal Stoves. Especially after the last disaster I went through with a different manufacture. Make sure to actually call these manufactures before buying. A lot of them blow you off. Not Crown Royal Stoves.

Date created: 2016-08-21 Name: Keith Petri
Location: Freedom, WI

"Worst buy ever"
I bought my Crown Royal 5 years ago and it was used only 4 winters. The second year I had it I had two separate leaks on the inside on the middle of the heating season. I called the dealer and he said they would not cover it but he could sell me a new one at a reduced rate. I had a welder repair it instead. Two years later it has another leak in the back on the inside. I inspected the welds on this thing and I am pretty sure my 3 year old child could have done a better job at making this. I wouldn't recommend buying a Crown Royal boiler at all.

Date created: 2016-03-29 Name: Ryan
Location: Minnesota

"Older Crown Royal stove"
My stove is a 1996 RS7400, and other than a couple blowers and one control the stove is great. I started treating my water the first year I got.the stove and use chemical every year. The stove has saved me around $5000 a year in propane. Love the stove and may replace it with their RS7400E in the future.

Date created: 2016-02-17 Name: Ted Laverty
Location: Millerstown, PA

"My new Crown Royal"
After having my second outdoor boiler for 5 years made by Mahoning and not liking the amount of wood it used and holding my breath as it showered sparks out the stack because the design was very poor, I started looking at new ones. At the Pennsylvania Sportsman Show I looked at several different outdoor boilers and the one I liked was a Crown Royal. The design made sense to me. I decided to purchase the model 7300 and replace the Mahoning. I began by counting the amount of wood I was using in the Mahoning, on average was 16 pieces per fill. That was every 12 hours. I installed the Crown Royal towards the end of February and yes it was cold. I started a fire in it put the first load in of approximately 7 pieces of wood and 45 minutes later the boiler was off on temperature. I was totally amazed! That would have been a several hour struggle and several loads of wood in the Mahoning. Since the install my wood use has been cut to about in half, and I like it. On days that are in the 30's it will go 24 hours without worry where the old one would have needed wood at 12 hours. Unbelievable difference. This was a sound investment and I would purchase another one for sure. I like the quality of the Crown Royal, it is put together well.

Date created: 2016-02-12 Name: mike b.
Location: Aston, PA

"Quality product"
The craftsmanship of the stove is excellent. I purchased this stove five years ago and have been completely satisfied. I heat a 1900 square foot house, a 1600 square foot garage with an apartment on top and burn about six to eight cords a year. I hope this stove lasts a long time, but I would definitely purchase another one.

Date created: 2016-02-06 Name: Don Shoemaker
Location: West Newton, PA

"Review after owning a Crown Royal furnace for the second winter"
I built a very large house with the intent to install an outdoor wood burner due to the high cost of oil. Oil prices were really using a lot of my income for the 6 months of winter in western Pennsylvania. Growing up I always had an indoor wood burner that worked excellent but my house would be to large for an indoor unit and I wanted to keep the mess outside. Since installation of the Crown Royal stove I have only spent $200 for coal and some work for wood every year. There is a small increase in electricity due to the continuous pump, compared to a thousand to two thousand dollars a winter for oil. We now do not have to constantly watch the thermostat, I always worried about the consumption of oil. We basically can turn the thermostat to what we desire. I am still getting to know the unit, how much coal do I put in? How much wood do I put in? Compared to the outside temperature. What temperature to I set the unit at? When to shovel out the ashes? Every day I figure out more about the unit and the work becomes less and the efficiency increases.

Date created: 2016-01-30 Name: Kevin Haynes
Location: Ararat, PA

"We chose the right outdoor boiler"
We have owned our Crown Royal RS7200 for over 7 years now and it still performs as expected. Six of those years it burned 12 months a year heating our hot water all summer. When we were searching for a stove we loved the idea of multi fuel capability. We have burned both wood and coal and are very satisfied with the performance of both. Yes we have had a couple minor issues with the stove but nothing to have to shut it down for a long period of time. The company had no problem stepping up to the task of getting someone here to fix it and standing behind their product. The only thing we would change about our decision to buy a Crown Royal would have been to buy one of the larger models to be able to put more wood in it at a time. All in all we are very satisfied with the performance of the stove and the customer service Crown Royal has provided. Would buy another one without any hesitation.