Consumer Reviews of Crown Royal wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2016-08-21 Name: Keith Petri
Location: Freedom, WI

"Worst buy ever"
I bought my Crown Royal 5 years ago and it was used only 4 winters. The second year I had it I had two separate leaks on the inside on the middle of the heating season. I called the dealer and he said they would not cover it but he could sell me a new one at a reduced rate. I had a welder repair it instead. Two years later it has another leak in the back on the inside. I inspected the welds on this thing and I am pretty sure my 3 year old child could have done a better job at making this. I wouldn't recommend buying a Crown Royal boiler at all.

Date created: 2016-03-29 Name: Ryan
Location: Minnesota

"Older Crown Royal stove"
My stove is a 1996 RS7400, and other than a couple blowers and one control the stove is great. I started treating my water the first year I got.the stove and use chemical every year. The stove has saved me around $5000 a year in propane. Love the stove and may replace it with their RS7400E in the future.

Date created: 2016-02-17 Name: Ted Laverty
Location: Millerstown, PA

"My new Crown Royal"
After having my second outdoor boiler for 5 years made by Mahoning and not liking the amount of wood it used and holding my breath as it showered sparks out the stack because the design was very poor, I started looking at new ones. At the Pennsylvania Sportsman Show I looked at several different outdoor boilers and the one I liked was a Crown Royal. The design made sense to me. I decided to purchase the model 7300 and replace the Mahoning. I began by counting the amount of wood I was using in the Mahoning, on average was 16 pieces per fill. That was every 12 hours. I installed the Crown Royal towards the end of February and yes it was cold. I started a fire in it put the first load in of approximately 7 pieces of wood and 45 minutes later the boiler was off on temperature. I was totally amazed! That would have been a several hour struggle and several loads of wood in the Mahoning. Since the install my wood use has been cut to about in half, and I like it. On days that are in the 30's it will go 24 hours without worry where the old one would have needed wood at 12 hours. Unbelievable difference. This was a sound investment and I would purchase another one for sure. I like the quality of the Crown Royal, it is put together well.

Date created: 2016-02-12 Name: mike b.
Location: Aston, PA

"Quality product"
The craftsmanship of the stove is excellent. I purchased this stove five years ago and have been completely satisfied. I heat a 1900 square foot house, a 1600 square foot garage with an apartment on top and burn about six to eight cords a year. I hope this stove lasts a long time, but I would definitely purchase another one.

Date created: 2016-02-06 Name: Don Shoemaker
Location: West Newton, PA

"Review after owning a Crown Royal furnace for the second winter"
I built a very large house with the intent to install an outdoor wood burner due to the high cost of oil. Oil prices were really using a lot of my income for the 6 months of winter in western Pennsylvania. Growing up I always had an indoor wood burner that worked excellent but my house would be to large for an indoor unit and I wanted to keep the mess outside. Since installation of the Crown Royal stove I have only spent $200 for coal and some work for wood every year. There is a small increase in electricity due to the continuous pump, compared to a thousand to two thousand dollars a winter for oil. We now do not have to constantly watch the thermostat, I always worried about the consumption of oil. We basically can turn the thermostat to what we desire. I am still getting to know the unit, how much coal do I put in? How much wood do I put in? Compared to the outside temperature. What temperature to I set the unit at? When to shovel out the ashes? Every day I figure out more about the unit and the work becomes less and the efficiency increases.

Date created: 2016-01-30 Name: Kevin Haynes
Location: Ararat, PA

"We chose the right outdoor boiler"
We have owned our Crown Royal RS7200 for over 7 years now and it still performs as expected. Six of those years it burned 12 months a year heating our hot water all summer. When we were searching for a stove we loved the idea of multi fuel capability. We have burned both wood and coal and are very satisfied with the performance of both. Yes we have had a couple minor issues with the stove but nothing to have to shut it down for a long period of time. The company had no problem stepping up to the task of getting someone here to fix it and standing behind their product. The only thing we would change about our decision to buy a Crown Royal would have been to buy one of the larger models to be able to put more wood in it at a time. All in all we are very satisfied with the performance of the stove and the customer service Crown Royal has provided. Would buy another one without any hesitation.

Date created: 2015-12-11 Name: S Fiske
Location: Greenfield, MA

"RS7500"
We compared a lot of burners. This has the 409 stainless steel, the R30 insulation in the walls and the R40 in the roof, which were certainly important factors, but it was the 500,000 BTU capacity plus the 620 gallons of water and most importantly the secondary air feature that sealed the deal. We found bigger ones, but not with secondary air. We needed something with enough capacity for the multiple uses we put it to, and we want as clean burning and efficient a unit as possible. I hope you come back in 20 years and ask me how I like it then!

Date created: 2015-12-04 Name: Mark Babb
Location: 12 Mile, IN

"RS 7400"
After nearly 4 years of study, talking to owners(all brands), research, and countless hours of viewing boilers in operation first hand, we decided Green Tech Crown Royals were the best option we could find on the market. However, on a tight farmer's budget and a wife that was extremely skeptical about spending our money anywhere, we decided to make a 14 hour trip from Indiana to Green Tech. This was set up for us by a dealer in Traverse City, Michigan, named Larry Street . What an amazing trip this was. Ryan and the crew at Green Tech gave us a day long personal tour and showed us each step of their process to building these state of the art boilers. After seeing that they heat their own factory with these and a lunch trip to Ryan's own home to see he uses his own product, my wife decided walking on these heated floors was pretty close to a heavenly experience! Miss Skeptical decided we should buy a bigger unit than we had planned on and not only heat our 1800 square foot home with one but the farm shop 5600 square feet with 22' ceilings,and a 1400 square foot apartment off of the shop. Now I was a little apprehensive but we wrote the check, loaded our stove and every component needed to install it and headed back to Indiana. We both agree this is the best money we have ever spent, ever! Our home is so warm and comfortable now! Our shop has friends, family, neighbors, and even the local school basketball teams (practices)in it every day because of the amazing comfort of having warm floors in the dead of winter. Needless to say we are honestly shocked at how easy it was to install ourselves and the results being better than we ever imagined. When you're laying on the floor working, you're warm, your tools are warm, snow melts off fast and the floors dry themselves. We actually have people that stop in at the shop now on cold and wet days and just sit and visit due to the comfort of this heat. We bought a couple old church pews because we ran out of 5 gallon buckets for seating! LOL We have a couple neighbors who had wood boilers before us and just heat their homes off them. We are heating the house, apartment, and shop and we are using 1/3 the wood a week that they use to just heat their home. 1 has already sold his old competitor boiler and is going to make the switch to the boiler we have.The other is in the process of trying to sell his with the intent on getting an RS7400 himself. We are not even close to using all our BTU's available so we are now hooking up to heat our hot water for personal use as well. A calf barn with a heated floor and a grain bin with a drying system off the boiler are now in the planning stages as well. Basically we are burning wood that we have each year from cleaning fence rows around the farm. We used to pile it and have brush piles to have to burn off. Now we are heating everything for free with the same amount of work we were already doing. This is plain common sense not rocket science. Unit is saving money, more than we even thought. We will never be without this heat. When we go visit people at their places we are cold now and honestly can't wait to get back home to our comfort. Our furniture will last forever cause we usually watch TV from the floor (heating pad)now! Only one problem we have had. The guy that helps me do repairs in the shop and myself have to work together now, because when you crawl under a truck or tractor to work there is no way you can stay awake unless you have company! The floor is really that nice to work on!

Date created: 2015-11-16 Name: Kirk W Johnson
Location: Northern Minnesota

"Crown Royal 7300"
I have been running commercial boilers for 35 years, I have also been heating water with wood at home for the same amount of years. As for my purchase of the Crown Royal model 7300 this is my second year of operation. I spent a lot of time researching my new purchase and to date could not be happier. It is everything I thought it would be.

Date created: 2015-10-07 Name: David Heine
Location: Indiana

"About Crown Royal stove"
I have had my wood stove for 9 years. I like the big door because I get some big pieces of wood and don't split them. The round burn chamber keeps the inside clean and easy to clean out. The shaker grates and ash pan work very well. Wish I'd bought a bigger one; I am heating the house, hot water and small work shop. I would by the same brand again.