Consumer Reviews of Clayton wood furnaces

#33  of 34 brands of wood furnaces

1 of 5 stars 1 review

Read more about Clayton wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2017-03-05 Name: showland
Location: Shelburne Falls, MA

"Great EPA Certified Wood Furnace"
I bought this as it is the only EPA certified furnace from us Stove and the price was great at Tractor Supply/ Every other place sells the unit for about $2500 (as the AF700 Ashley Model). The CF700 Clayton model from Tractor supply was bought on sale for $1399! Unfortunately Tractor Supply is no longer carrying this model, but I have seen it on sale other places for $2199 and it would still be a good deal at that price. Furnace is easy to light. Draft controls are good and blowers move plenty of warm air. The blowers are controlled by a thermodisc on the stove that turns them on when the stove is hot enough and then off when the stove cools down. I did put a damper in the stove pipe, but don't use it much as the input control is about right and slows the stove down enough to get an eight hour burn, though the the blowers usually shut off in about 6 hours, so that means there are plenty of coals left for a new fire, but it really only puts off heat for about 6 hours. I looked into more expensive wood furnace with computer run controls, but glad I opted for this simple, efficient, and easy to operate unit.