Consumer Reviews of Central Boiler wood furnaces

#28  of 30 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Central Boiler wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-03-13 Location: Battle Creek, Michigan

"Central boilers are great so long as you have access to firewood."
The CL 6048 central boiler is the perfect wood burning boiler for our home. This is the second central boiler we have owned. We left the first one with the house we sold and when we lived in our new place for about a year, we realized how much we missed the central boiler. Thus, we purchased a new one. Currently, our unit heats the entire house, the garage, and the barn. During the winter months, when it is in use, the central boiler even heats our water allowing us to avoid the costs of the water heater. The best thing about this unit is the size. No longer do we need to cut and split the wood to ensure it will fit. For the most part, if you can lift it, it will fit. After eight years of use, we have yet to have anything repaired. The only thing we have done is the typical maintenance involved with any wood stove. This includes cleaning it and re-filling the water core. The costs of heating with this unit is far less than any other heating device available. We have access to hundreds of acres of woods, therefore the money we spend on fire wood is that of the cost of gas to drive to the woods and that to operate the chainsaw. It could be argued that our time is a cost as well, however we enjoy the quality time we spend working on the wood pile together. As long as I am capable of cutting firewood, I will always own a central boiler.

Date created: 2012-03-06 Location: Athens, Ohio

"I've had my outdoor wood furnace for a few seasons now"
I purchased my Classic CL 4030 outdoor wood furnace about a year and a half ago and the thing I love about it the most is the savings on our families' heating costs. It is one of the things that I take for granted now and hope that nothing goes wrong. Knock on wood, but I haven't had any issues with it yet. I purchased it from the local Home Depot and they delivered it for us and helped us as a family, install it. I did not do a whole bunch or research on the whole idea, the staff at the Home Depot knew a great deal about the various products and answered all of my questions. I would, and have recommended this product to many of my friends and family. I live out in the country in southern Ohio and the climate changes weekly so in case the weather drops suddenly the wood furnace can handle the job.

Date created: 2012-03-06 Location: Daytona Beach, Fl

"Outdoor Wood Furnace"
I bought my wood furnace over 5 years ago.comfortable heat. Since installing it I have not used any gas and the house is 72 degrees Wood is the most economical choice. The wood mode allows the user to operate the furnace burning only wood. Wood is a totally renewable resource that is beneficial for the environment because burning wood is natural. When burned, results in no net increases in carbon dioxide. On the other hand, fossil fuels when burned, release carbon dioxide which would otherwise be trapped in the earth. The burning of fossil fuels causes a net increase in carbon dioxide which is believed to be responsible for the heat trapping greenhouse effect. United States and Canada. Making this purchase was one of the best ones I have made and I would suggest it to anyone.

Date created: 2012-02-27 Location: Chagrin Falls, OH

"Central Boiler Outdoor Furnace Summary and Review"
I built my house in late 2002 so I have owned my outdoor furnace. I bought a Central Boiler as we were building our home, so this unit has been our only source of heat since we started living here. I our previous home we had electric heat and what I could not stand that though my thermostat may read 70 degrees, the house felt like an ice box because the electric heater just lacked the power to heat the home elements. What I mean is that the air was warm, but everything you touched was freezing. The floors were cold, walls, etc. In transition, we rented a propane heated home which did not have this problem and the difference is incredible. The ambiance and "home" feeling becomes so much more enjoyable when your home is warm. The reason I mention this is because our wood furnace creates this powerful heat that heats the house and everything in it. I have had maintenance repairs, but nothing out of the ordinary. A local shop is the people who convinced me to buy and the same guy has always done my maintenance and has been a real pleasure. Personable, efficient and quick! For all outdoor furnaces I imagine this can be a common complaint; I don't stock it right and it smokes: neighbors complain. It's really cold in NE Ohio and even colder at four am stocking a furnace. Other than that I love the unit! Make sure your can handle these things, have a constant supply of wood, and the unit is cost effective to an excellent degree and you will love it. Great unit, never had abnormal trouble with my Central Boiler, would suggest to friend anytime.

Date created: 2012-01-27 Location: Newton, New Jersey

"Central Boiler Best Around"
I have had my Central Boiler Classic wood furnace for a year and a half and love it. After last year's winter, I knew it was time to invest in a new wood furnace, and I have been very satisfied with my choice. I have never had to repair mine but I have read reviews in which customers have had to have repairs done. Most complaints have been about the spark plug, which though important, is quite an easy fix. I have had no such issues with the spark plug. Other issues have also been reported but none of which I have also had happen. That could possibly be due to rough handling, but I have no complaints about mine thus far. I would definitely recommend and buy from Central Boiler again for my wood furnace needs.

Date created: 2012-01-24 Location: Midland, MI

"I love my Central Boiler"
I've owned my wood furnace for about three years, and I can't say how much I love it. The heater keeps my house as warm as I want, and during the winter I crank the heat up both for myself, and to grow seedlings to plant later in the year. I love that it's an external unit from the house. There's no smoke inside at all, and no risk of fire in the house. If I had to pick something to dislike it would be the amount of work that goes into maintaining it and having a supply of wood. Right now my brother and father help to cut wood, stack it, and bring it up to the house along with me. This takes a lot of time, and for some reason the Boiler seems to be going through more wood than usual. In addition to amount of wood necessary, cleaning out the ashes occasionally is a chore. We have to scoop the ashes out and put them in a garbage bin, then carry or drag the big far away from the house and dump it out. It is not a huge deal, simply a small inconvenience. I love how the Boiler allows me to live totally off the power grid if I really wanted too, it is another step towards total independence.

Date created: 2012-01-18 Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"Central boiler outdoor wood boiler"
I've owned the Classic Model outdoor wood furnace for about 4 years now and it's still running great. This piece of equipment has required very little maintenance, aside from the cleaning which has been minimal (I was even able to do this myself). I love being able to provide my family with heat from natural, local, and renewable resources. As a bonus, chopping wood for the furnace gives me down time to think and also provides me with great exercise. The reliability of this machine was a major factor in my purchase, as I value being self-sufficient in any way possible. The upfront cost seemed like a lot at first, but we are saving a ton of money using a non-traditional method of heating our home. I am very grateful to my friend who made this recommendation to me, I would not have considered this otherwise. I would definitely recommend this product, or possibly a more expensive model for larger homes.

Date created: 2012-01-13 Location: Lewiston, Me

"Flawless Burner"
I have owned my outdoor furnace for about three months. I like the color and look of it, as well as the efficient heat. It reminds me of my grandfather's indoor wood burner. The only thing I don't like about it is having to hire someone to clean it. I was told by a close friend that they blow up if not carefully cared for. I have hired a chimney sweep/repairman to inspect and clean it within the last month. I would definitely recommend this to a friend, never had a problem.

Date created: 2011-11-27 Location: Sammamish

"Outdoor Wood Furnace Review"
I have owned my E-Classic 2300 for a couple months. I do like the massive insulated chimney coming out the top of the furnace. The blank colour also fits in well with my house which is white. I also like how big the fire box is as it has a large door and hull to put large pieces of wood in at once. I do not like the FireStar Controller as it is really hard to use in the night and during winter. I did have to repair it once when my kids killed a ball into the insulated chimney knocking it off. I then had to pay to get it repaired. It was rather annoying as I had only bought it the a couple months ago. After the ball accident I am not sure if I approve of this brand anymore. Originally I had bought it through recommendation of a friend who had the same model as me. I would look for a different brand in the future.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Location: Palmerton, PA

"Hot For Central Boilers"
I'm a Central Boiler Model 6048 owner for 4yrs. So far it has been an excellent experience that I have had with my central Boiler. Although everything has been good, I have had a little problem with my boiler that I bought. The problem is that the heat exchanger that Central Boiler was able to sell to me is leaking water. Now I can not heat my pool. I was surprised to hear that for some reason they would not help me rectify the situation. Later I was able reach the dealer. The dealer was located in Pa;merton, PA. This is who I bought the boiler from. They said that they were willing to look at the boiler and the problematic heat exchanger that is giving me all the problems. I just hope and pray that they are able to help me fix this defective unit and get my pool back hot so me and the wife can have some fun. I'll let everyone know what they decide to do about this problem. Stay tuned.