Consumer Reviews of Central Boiler wood furnaces

#23  of 32 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Central Boiler wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-02-27 Location: Chagrin Falls, OH

"Central Boiler Outdoor Furnace Summary and Review"
I built my house in late 2002 so I have owned my outdoor furnace. I bought a Central Boiler as we were building our home, so this unit has been our only source of heat since we started living here. I our previous home we had electric heat and what I could not stand that though my thermostat may read 70 degrees, the house felt like an ice box because the electric heater just lacked the power to heat the home elements. What I mean is that the air was warm, but everything you touched was freezing. The floors were cold, walls, etc. In transition, we rented a propane heated home which did not have this problem and the difference is incredible. The ambiance and "home" feeling becomes so much more enjoyable when your home is warm. The reason I mention this is because our wood furnace creates this powerful heat that heats the house and everything in it. I have had maintenance repairs, but nothing out of the ordinary. A local shop is the people who convinced me to buy and the same guy has always done my maintenance and has been a real pleasure. Personable, efficient and quick! For all outdoor furnaces I imagine this can be a common complaint; I don't stock it right and it smokes: neighbors complain. It's really cold in NE Ohio and even colder at four am stocking a furnace. Other than that I love the unit! Make sure your can handle these things, have a constant supply of wood, and the unit is cost effective to an excellent degree and you will love it. Great unit, never had abnormal trouble with my Central Boiler, would suggest to friend anytime.

Date created: 2012-01-27 Location: Newton, New Jersey

"Central Boiler Best Around"
I have had my Central Boiler Classic wood furnace for a year and a half and love it. After last year's winter, I knew it was time to invest in a new wood furnace, and I have been very satisfied with my choice. I have never had to repair mine but I have read reviews in which customers have had to have repairs done. Most complaints have been about the spark plug, which though important, is quite an easy fix. I have had no such issues with the spark plug. Other issues have also been reported but none of which I have also had happen. That could possibly be due to rough handling, but I have no complaints about mine thus far. I would definitely recommend and buy from Central Boiler again for my wood furnace needs.

Date created: 2012-01-24 Location: Midland, MI

"I love my Central Boiler"
I've owned my wood furnace for about three years, and I can't say how much I love it. The heater keeps my house as warm as I want, and during the winter I crank the heat up both for myself, and to grow seedlings to plant later in the year. I love that it's an external unit from the house. There's no smoke inside at all, and no risk of fire in the house. If I had to pick something to dislike it would be the amount of work that goes into maintaining it and having a supply of wood. Right now my brother and father help to cut wood, stack it, and bring it up to the house along with me. This takes a lot of time, and for some reason the Boiler seems to be going through more wood than usual. In addition to amount of wood necessary, cleaning out the ashes occasionally is a chore. We have to scoop the ashes out and put them in a garbage bin, then carry or drag the big far away from the house and dump it out. It is not a huge deal, simply a small inconvenience. I love how the Boiler allows me to live totally off the power grid if I really wanted too, it is another step towards total independence.

Date created: 2012-01-13 Location: Lewiston, Me

"Flawless Burner"
I have owned my outdoor furnace for about three months. I like the color and look of it, as well as the efficient heat. It reminds me of my grandfather's indoor wood burner. The only thing I don't like about it is having to hire someone to clean it. I was told by a close friend that they blow up if not carefully cared for. I have hired a chimney sweep/repairman to inspect and clean it within the last month. I would definitely recommend this to a friend, never had a problem.

Date created: 2011-11-27 Location: Sammamish

"Outdoor Wood Furnace Review"
I have owned my E-Classic 2300 for a couple months. I do like the massive insulated chimney coming out the top of the furnace. The blank colour also fits in well with my house which is white. I also like how big the fire box is as it has a large door and hull to put large pieces of wood in at once. I do not like the FireStar Controller as it is really hard to use in the night and during winter. I did have to repair it once when my kids killed a ball into the insulated chimney knocking it off. I then had to pay to get it repaired. It was rather annoying as I had only bought it the a couple months ago. After the ball accident I am not sure if I approve of this brand anymore. Originally I had bought it through recommendation of a friend who had the same model as me. I would look for a different brand in the future.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Location: Palmerton, PA

"Hot For Central Boilers"
I'm a Central Boiler Model 6048 owner for 4yrs. So far it has been an excellent experience that I have had with my central Boiler. Although everything has been good, I have had a little problem with my boiler that I bought. The problem is that the heat exchanger that Central Boiler was able to sell to me is leaking water. Now I can not heat my pool. I was surprised to hear that for some reason they would not help me rectify the situation. Later I was able reach the dealer. The dealer was located in Pa;merton, PA. This is who I bought the boiler from. They said that they were willing to look at the boiler and the problematic heat exchanger that is giving me all the problems. I just hope and pray that they are able to help me fix this defective unit and get my pool back hot so me and the wife can have some fun. I'll let everyone know what they decide to do about this problem. Stay tuned.

Date created: 2011-07-05 Name: Dean G.
Location: Orwigsburg, PA

"Update on my problem"
I own a Central Boiler model# 6048. I'm beginning to doubt Central Boiler's famed warranty. I'm still waiting for them to honor their warranty on a faulty heat exchanger that they sold me. I've been working on getting this problem resolved with them for over a month now. Due to the lack of any response from both Central Boiler and their distributor D&R Country Designs, I plan on contacting the owner of Central Boiler to ask for his help with this issue. I'll keep you posted with any new developments.

Date created: 2011-06-14 Name: D. Gherghel
Location: Orwigsburg, PA

"Will they Honor their warranty?"
I'm a Central Boiler Model 6048 owner for 2yrs. So far, so good. I have had one problem with the heat exchanger that Central Boiler sold me to heat my pool. It's leaking water. I have contacted Central Boiler and initially they refused to help me but later I got a call from the dealer (D&R Country Designs in Palmerton,PA) that I bought my Central Boiler from and they are willing to "look" at the defective heat exchanger. I guess now I get to see if their famous warranty is for real or just a sales pitch. I'll let everyone know what they decide to do about this problem. Stay tuned.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Montoursville, PA

"100% Completely Satisfied with my Central Boiler!"
We bought our Central Boiler E-Classic 1400 in November of 2010. We have had it for 7 months now and we are completely satisfied! We used to use lp gas and last winter went through $1,200.00 in gas. We kept our home fairly cool set at 68 degrees Fahrenheit. This winter, we bought a load of wood for $500.00 and only burned through half of it and we kept our home at 72 degrees Fahrenheit all winter! There is nothing we dislike about our boiler. We load it once a day and forget about it. I recommend it to my family and my friends. In fact, my parents are buying one this upcoming fall. We have had no complications with it besides the seal around the door which was an easy fix. It was installed in one day, about 7 hours. It was well worth the cost. We estimated that in 4 years, we will make back our money. Best thing about it, when we build our garage, we can heat it with our boiler as well. If we ever move, we will definitely buy another boiler! 100% satisfied!

Date created: 2011-01-20 Name: GIB UPOLE
Location: LITTLE ALASKA GARRETT COUNTY MD.

"HOMEOWNER"
INSTALLED ABOUT FIVE HUNDRED CENTRAL BOILERS. SOLD BUSINESS AND RETIRED. THESE BOILERS ARE THE BEST WOOD OUTDOOR BOILER THERE IS. REPLACED MANY OTHER BRANDS AND CUSTOMERS ALL SAID THEY BURNED LESS WOOD. 95% PLUS SATISFIED CUSTOMERS.