Consumer Reviews of Central Boiler wood furnaces

Read more about Central Boiler wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-09-24 Name: h. bright
Location: Pilot Mountain, nc

"Be careful of the company installing boiler..."
The boiler itself has thus far worked. We did not feel comfortable installing the unit itself so we paid the 2500 to have the authorized dealers men install it. This is what they do, right? It's been a nightmare! Countless times out because of leaking pipes inside the house where it hooks to the water heater. Matthews Heating Solutions have no idea what they are doing and we are now in another state trying to figure out how to get someone out to replace (for the third time) a leaky pipe. It's all junk. All Conduit. The Cost of the model plus the cost of the installation verses the minimal cost reduction in heat is not worth it...Not to mention the headaches!

Date created: 2012-09-07 Name: r. Magness
Location: Bel Air, Maryland

"Firebox leaked within 14 months use"
Bought two new e2300 Central Boilers from local dealer. After 14 months one has a quarter size hole near top of firebox and leaks at three seams. Have 25 year warranty but company will not honor. Called company and was treated rudely and no help. Dealer hired a certified welder but could not fix all the leaks. Sent boiler to company and they will send a rebuilt one to us for $4500. I have an Amish built wood boiler built about 40 years ago and it still works with no leaks.

Date created: 2012-08-01 Name: K. Ehrler
Location: elizabeth IL

"Hope it doesn't break or you're on your own"
I have had my centrail boiler wood stove for 2 years works very well. This spring I went to fill it and noticed a hole in the fire box. I like other consumers of the wood stove called central boiler and was suprised by how rudely I was treated. They basicaly told me I was stupid and didnt know how to operate the machine, and that I was burning creasote utility poles in it. I have about two years of oak sitting by my stove as of now, so I don't think I was using utility poles! The company didn't stand behing the stove at all. They basically said I was on my own, so I fell back on my dealer to help me out. He was supposed to be a certified welder came out to fix the issue and kinda skabed it together and left. Now two weeks later I still have a leaky stove and just recieved a $500 dollar bill in the mail for his services. I don't know what to do, Bad product and terrible Company.

Date created: 2012-07-29 Location: Buffalo NY

"Does the job and does it well"
Ive owned this furnace from central boiler for a little over a year. So far what ive liked about it is that it was worth every penny i paid for it. It produced the same amount of quality heat as other ones i was looking at except i saved over 500 dollars purchasing this one instead and it was the best choice i have made in regards to these things. The only thing i did not like about the central boiler is that it was very loud at times. And even with that complaint i am still happy with the product. So far after about 1 year, i have not had to make any repairs to it, it works as well as when i first bought it. I would definitely tell my friends and family about this furnace if they ever needed one as i am somewhat satisfied by it.

Date created: 2012-07-19 Location: Neillsvile, WI

"Advantages to having an outdoor wood furnace."
We use to have a small wood stove in our basement. We spent more time cutting the wood into 18 inch pieces and stacking it in the basement then we did enjoying the heat it seemed. About three years ago we got an outdoor wood furnace and it has been great. We have ours setup to heat our water as well. With our old electric water heater would constantly be running out of hot water. Now we never run out. I can even take a bath while my wife does the laundry. My wife was bragging about how much hot water we have to my sister in-law and she made her husband get one too. Its also very nice to not have to haul all of the dirty wood into the house. Not only can we keep the wood outside and our basement clean, but we can put much larger pieces into the furnace. We only have to stock the furnace up a couple times a day. Before we had to every few hours. I think If I were to do it over again, I'd get a Classic again, but I might have gone with a smaller one. The one we bought is a bit too large for a small home and shop like ours. It seems like the sister in laws works just as well but they go through less wood. I talked to the dealer and he said ours was a more than what we needed. Its ok though, we got a good deal on it.

Date created: 2012-05-22 Location: Des Moines, Ia

"Central Boiler Eclassic 2300"
I have had my Central Boiler Eclassic 2300 for 3.5 years. There are many things that I enjoy about the stove, such as its ability to control the fans depending on the water temperature and the burn time. It effectively heats my home and water during the colder months of the year. There is a slight learning curve for the stove, however. The wood used needs to be very dry, as opposed to the Classic models, which will burn green and wet wood. This makes a day and night difference in burning performance. I have the duel fuel model which is hooked up to a propane tank. I highly recommend this feature so you are able to light or relight the stove efficiently. Even if you turn off the propane to the stove, you can still use this feature because it's hooked up to both fans and can help in the lighting process. One thing I do not like about the stove is access to the tubes and the reaction chamber. The doors are not hinged, but held on with very large wing nuts. These are effective, but would be much more easy to operate if they were on hinged doors for faster cleaning time. The main repair to the stove I've had to make is replacing some of the wiring located on the back of the air flow solenoids. If the passage way to the reaction chamber gets plugged, the stove will try to draw air from the next available place, the air intakes. The fire will melt the wiring to these. I would recommend wrapping them in fireproof wrapping to avoid later repair. Other repairs that I've made were just normal maintenance items, such as door seals. I would buy this same brand again and I would recommend it to a friend if they are looking for an outdoor wood furnace solution.

Date created: 2012-05-02 Location: Hinckley, IL

"The only way to go is the Central Boiler"
I looked for a few years before I bought the best outdoor wood furnace made. I kept hearing from people who owned other brands and they all said the same thing. I wish I had bought a Central Boiler. So that is what I had purchased. It was the best investment I think I have ever made. This is my 4th winter owning a Central Boiler. It literally has paid for itself at least twice already! Not only is our house warmer, and showers hotter, we reduced our propane bill by $3,000 our first winter. The savings on our electric bill from not having to run a hot water heater are simply a bonus. I know people with geothermal units who still watch the thermostat use, while I'm at 76 to 78 degrees and warm. The initial price is high, but well worth it in the long run. In four years I have not needed to repair any part of the system. I would recommend central boiler to anyone who asked!!

Date created: 2012-04-24 Name: S. Johnson
Location: Rockford, mi

"Not so sure anymore!!!"
This is my second central boiler, first one had solenoid problem but no big deal. We put a bigger one in to heat two houses with and it had been working great till this weekend when I found a leak in it, scraped the rest of the fire box and had two streams spraying out. Called central boiler and talked to a vary rude person which made me call a dealer, he wouldn't give me the time of day. The steel used on the side walls of the fire box is too thin and or bad steel, it's only 3/16 thick as where the bottom is 3/8 thick. They have a terrible warranty, it will cover the cost of the steel to fix but not labor great 25 year warranty, or I can pay to ship it from Michigan to them and pay 2700.00 for them to put a new heat exchanger in with probably the same 3/16 steel which will do the same down the road. If buying a wood boiler first check the quality and thickness of steel and the warranty, central boilers 25 year doesn't cover crap, for a company that says they do all this testing I think they need to thicken the walls and stand behind there warranty!!!! Would not recommend to anyone to buy anymore in fact would tell everyone to stay away find a different brand. Forgot to mention that I am no stranger to boilers I own my own heating company and the guy still tried telling me it wasn't there fault, he's nuts cheap design.

Date created: 2012-04-23 Location: Saint Francis, Minnesota

"All Warmed Up In Northern Minnesota"
My husband and I purchased our outdoor wood furnace last September for our cabin because we were tired of paying so much each month for our heating needs. We chose the CLASSIC model CL-4030 because it seemed like it would fit our needs and it was at a price that we could afford. We have had it less then a year but used it over a full winter already and we were both pretty much happy with it. It looks nice, it was easy to have installed, and it really works. I think on the colder days it seemed like there may have been some more heat loss then we would have liked but overall it really seemed to do the trick. Winter of 2011 was pretty easy so we will see how it works this coming winter. The only thing that I did not like is that it seems really big for the small area that we are using it for. We have not had it for very long so we have never had a problem with it. I would buy this brand again as we seem to have luck with it and it is so easy to use and I would tell my friends about it if they were ever in the market for a outdoor wood furnace.

Date created: 2012-04-11 Location: Boise, Idaho

"Central Boiler Classic is the way to go"
This is a fantastic outdoor heater! It is efficient and quiet and clean. It has saved me so much money since we had it installed. I was paying over $500 a month in heating costs during the winter months. With my new heater my expenses have dropped to about a quarter of that. My home is also so much warmer than it was using traditional electric heat or my indoor wood burning fireplace. This thing is phenomenal!! The installers were there on time and they had it up and running in no time. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. Customer service is excellent. Every time I have had an issue I have called and gotten exactly the answer I needed without any fuss. We have owned our furnace for about 2 years now and I would never go back to electric heat. The only thing I will say negatively about this furnace is that it does take up some of the yard space, but that is minimal, and no more than an outdoor cooling system would take up. We have had no real problems with the unit-except user error. Customer service is excellent when I can't figure out how to do something. Seriously the best buy we have ever made! I would recommend this furnace to anyone looking to save money on heating costs.