Consumer Reviews of Central Boiler wood furnaces

#24  of 32 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Central Boiler wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-05-22 Location: Des Moines, Ia

"Central Boiler Eclassic 2300"
I have had my Central Boiler Eclassic 2300 for 3.5 years. There are many things that I enjoy about the stove, such as its ability to control the fans depending on the water temperature and the burn time. It effectively heats my home and water during the colder months of the year. There is a slight learning curve for the stove, however. The wood used needs to be very dry, as opposed to the Classic models, which will burn green and wet wood. This makes a day and night difference in burning performance. I have the duel fuel model which is hooked up to a propane tank. I highly recommend this feature so you are able to light or relight the stove efficiently. Even if you turn off the propane to the stove, you can still use this feature because it's hooked up to both fans and can help in the lighting process. One thing I do not like about the stove is access to the tubes and the reaction chamber. The doors are not hinged, but held on with very large wing nuts. These are effective, but would be much more easy to operate if they were on hinged doors for faster cleaning time. The main repair to the stove I've had to make is replacing some of the wiring located on the back of the air flow solenoids. If the passage way to the reaction chamber gets plugged, the stove will try to draw air from the next available place, the air intakes. The fire will melt the wiring to these. I would recommend wrapping them in fireproof wrapping to avoid later repair. Other repairs that I've made were just normal maintenance items, such as door seals. I would buy this same brand again and I would recommend it to a friend if they are looking for an outdoor wood furnace solution.

Date created: 2012-05-02 Location: Hinckley, IL

"The only way to go is the Central Boiler"
I looked for a few years before I bought the best outdoor wood furnace made. I kept hearing from people who owned other brands and they all said the same thing. I wish I had bought a Central Boiler. So that is what I had purchased. It was the best investment I think I have ever made. This is my 4th winter owning a Central Boiler. It literally has paid for itself at least twice already! Not only is our house warmer, and showers hotter, we reduced our propane bill by $3,000 our first winter. The savings on our electric bill from not having to run a hot water heater are simply a bonus. I know people with geothermal units who still watch the thermostat use, while I'm at 76 to 78 degrees and warm. The initial price is high, but well worth it in the long run. In four years I have not needed to repair any part of the system. I would recommend central boiler to anyone who asked!!

Date created: 2012-04-24 Name: S. Johnson
Location: Rockford, mi

"Not so sure anymore!!!"
This is my second central boiler, first one had solenoid problem but no big deal. We put a bigger one in to heat two houses with and it had been working great till this weekend when I found a leak in it, scraped the rest of the fire box and had two streams spraying out. Called central boiler and talked to a vary rude person which made me call a dealer, he wouldn't give me the time of day. The steel used on the side walls of the fire box is too thin and or bad steel, it's only 3/16 thick as where the bottom is 3/8 thick. They have a terrible warranty, it will cover the cost of the steel to fix but not labor great 25 year warranty, or I can pay to ship it from Michigan to them and pay 2700.00 for them to put a new heat exchanger in with probably the same 3/16 steel which will do the same down the road. If buying a wood boiler first check the quality and thickness of steel and the warranty, central boilers 25 year doesn't cover crap, for a company that says they do all this testing I think they need to thicken the walls and stand behind there warranty!!!! Would not recommend to anyone to buy anymore in fact would tell everyone to stay away find a different brand. Forgot to mention that I am no stranger to boilers I own my own heating company and the guy still tried telling me it wasn't there fault, he's nuts cheap design.

Date created: 2012-04-23 Location: Saint Francis, Minnesota

"All Warmed Up In Northern Minnesota"
My husband and I purchased our outdoor wood furnace last September for our cabin because we were tired of paying so much each month for our heating needs. We chose the CLASSIC model CL-4030 because it seemed like it would fit our needs and it was at a price that we could afford. We have had it less then a year but used it over a full winter already and we were both pretty much happy with it. It looks nice, it was easy to have installed, and it really works. I think on the colder days it seemed like there may have been some more heat loss then we would have liked but overall it really seemed to do the trick. Winter of 2011 was pretty easy so we will see how it works this coming winter. The only thing that I did not like is that it seems really big for the small area that we are using it for. We have not had it for very long so we have never had a problem with it. I would buy this brand again as we seem to have luck with it and it is so easy to use and I would tell my friends about it if they were ever in the market for a outdoor wood furnace.

Date created: 2012-04-11 Location: Boise, Idaho

"Central Boiler Classic is the way to go"
This is a fantastic outdoor heater! It is efficient and quiet and clean. It has saved me so much money since we had it installed. I was paying over $500 a month in heating costs during the winter months. With my new heater my expenses have dropped to about a quarter of that. My home is also so much warmer than it was using traditional electric heat or my indoor wood burning fireplace. This thing is phenomenal!! The installers were there on time and they had it up and running in no time. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. Customer service is excellent. Every time I have had an issue I have called and gotten exactly the answer I needed without any fuss. We have owned our furnace for about 2 years now and I would never go back to electric heat. The only thing I will say negatively about this furnace is that it does take up some of the yard space, but that is minimal, and no more than an outdoor cooling system would take up. We have had no real problems with the unit-except user error. Customer service is excellent when I can't figure out how to do something. Seriously the best buy we have ever made! I would recommend this furnace to anyone looking to save money on heating costs.

Date created: 2012-04-05 Location: Adirondacks, NY

"Truly an award winning product"
When my husband and I bought our vacation home in the mountains about 3 years ago. We decided that we would spend the winter there. We realized that we would need a heating that was efficient and reliable. We asked friends and family for advice and at least twice we heard a person or two mention the Central Boiler E-Classic® 2200. After several months of shopping around we finally decided on purchasing the Central Boiler E-Classic® 2200. It fit perfectly with the overall design of the house. It is efficient, clean and eco-friendly. So far this product has not given us any problems nor did we have do any repairs. We were advised on getting it serviced at least once a year, which we have done so far and we have not had any problems. I would recommend to a friend, and if I shall ever purchase another home I will definitely purchase another one.

Date created: 2012-04-02 Location: Cincinnati, OH

"I LOVE my outdoor wood boiler!"
My family and I have owned the E-Classic for approximately 5 years now and we have had pretty good luck with the furnace. What we most like about the outdoor furnace is the fact that it saves us a great deal of money per month. What I don't particularly like about he furnace is that there have been times when the furnace does not work at all! I have called the manufacturer and they are working with us to correct the problem. We had this current model for approximately 5 years and I'm not sure if it's in need of repairs or replacement yet. As I stated, the manufacturer is working with us closely. I would absolutely recommended this brand (and I have!) to friends of ours. However, I don't believe I would recommended this particular model (the E-Classic 2400) just because we have been having so much trouble with it lately.

Date created: 2012-03-13 Location: Battle Creek, Michigan

"Central boilers are great so long as you have access to firewood."
The CL 6048 central boiler is the perfect wood burning boiler for our home. This is the second central boiler we have owned. We left the first one with the house we sold and when we lived in our new place for about a year, we realized how much we missed the central boiler. Thus, we purchased a new one. Currently, our unit heats the entire house, the garage, and the barn. During the winter months, when it is in use, the central boiler even heats our water allowing us to avoid the costs of the water heater. The best thing about this unit is the size. No longer do we need to cut and split the wood to ensure it will fit. For the most part, if you can lift it, it will fit. After eight years of use, we have yet to have anything repaired. The only thing we have done is the typical maintenance involved with any wood stove. This includes cleaning it and re-filling the water core. The costs of heating with this unit is far less than any other heating device available. We have access to hundreds of acres of woods, therefore the money we spend on fire wood is that of the cost of gas to drive to the woods and that to operate the chainsaw. It could be argued that our time is a cost as well, however we enjoy the quality time we spend working on the wood pile together. As long as I am capable of cutting firewood, I will always own a central boiler.

Date created: 2012-03-06 Location: Athens, Ohio

"I've had my outdoor wood furnace for a few seasons now"
I purchased my Classic CL 4030 outdoor wood furnace about a year and a half ago and the thing I love about it the most is the savings on our families' heating costs. It is one of the things that I take for granted now and hope that nothing goes wrong. Knock on wood, but I haven't had any issues with it yet. I purchased it from the local Home Depot and they delivered it for us and helped us as a family, install it. I did not do a whole bunch or research on the whole idea, the staff at the Home Depot knew a great deal about the various products and answered all of my questions. I would, and have recommended this product to many of my friends and family. I live out in the country in southern Ohio and the climate changes weekly so in case the weather drops suddenly the wood furnace can handle the job.

Date created: 2012-03-06 Location: Daytona Beach, Fl

"Outdoor Wood Furnace"
I bought my wood furnace over 5 years ago.comfortable heat. Since installing it I have not used any gas and the house is 72 degrees Wood is the most economical choice. The wood mode allows the user to operate the furnace burning only wood. Wood is a totally renewable resource that is beneficial for the environment because burning wood is natural. When burned, results in no net increases in carbon dioxide. On the other hand, fossil fuels when burned, release carbon dioxide which would otherwise be trapped in the earth. The burning of fossil fuels causes a net increase in carbon dioxide which is believed to be responsible for the heat trapping greenhouse effect. United States and Canada. Making this purchase was one of the best ones I have made and I would suggest it to anyone.