Consumer Reviews of Central Boiler wood furnaces

#24  of 33 brands of wood furnaces

Read more about Central Boiler wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-01-24 Location: Midland, MI

"I love my Central Boiler"
I've owned my wood furnace for about three years, and I can't say how much I love it. The heater keeps my house as warm as I want, and during the winter I crank the heat up both for myself, and to grow seedlings to plant later in the year. I love that it's an external unit from the house. There's no smoke inside at all, and no risk of fire in the house. If I had to pick something to dislike it would be the amount of work that goes into maintaining it and having a supply of wood. Right now my brother and father help to cut wood, stack it, and bring it up to the house along with me. This takes a lot of time, and for some reason the Boiler seems to be going through more wood than usual. In addition to amount of wood necessary, cleaning out the ashes occasionally is a chore. We have to scoop the ashes out and put them in a garbage bin, then carry or drag the big far away from the house and dump it out. It is not a huge deal, simply a small inconvenience. I love how the Boiler allows me to live totally off the power grid if I really wanted too, it is another step towards total independence.

Date created: 2012-01-13 Location: Lewiston, Me

"Flawless Burner"
I have owned my outdoor furnace for about three months. I like the color and look of it, as well as the efficient heat. It reminds me of my grandfather's indoor wood burner. The only thing I don't like about it is having to hire someone to clean it. I was told by a close friend that they blow up if not carefully cared for. I have hired a chimney sweep/repairman to inspect and clean it within the last month. I would definitely recommend this to a friend, never had a problem.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Location: Palmerton, PA

"Hot For Central Boilers"
I'm a Central Boiler Model 6048 owner for 4yrs. So far it has been an excellent experience that I have had with my central Boiler. Although everything has been good, I have had a little problem with my boiler that I bought. The problem is that the heat exchanger that Central Boiler was able to sell to me is leaking water. Now I can not heat my pool. I was surprised to hear that for some reason they would not help me rectify the situation. Later I was able reach the dealer. The dealer was located in Pa;merton, PA. This is who I bought the boiler from. They said that they were willing to look at the boiler and the problematic heat exchanger that is giving me all the problems. I just hope and pray that they are able to help me fix this defective unit and get my pool back hot so me and the wife can have some fun. I'll let everyone know what they decide to do about this problem. Stay tuned.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Montoursville, PA

"100% Completely Satisfied with my Central Boiler!"
We bought our Central Boiler E-Classic 1400 in November of 2010. We have had it for 7 months now and we are completely satisfied! We used to use lp gas and last winter went through $1,200.00 in gas. We kept our home fairly cool set at 68 degrees Fahrenheit. This winter, we bought a load of wood for $500.00 and only burned through half of it and we kept our home at 72 degrees Fahrenheit all winter! There is nothing we dislike about our boiler. We load it once a day and forget about it. I recommend it to my family and my friends. In fact, my parents are buying one this upcoming fall. We have had no complications with it besides the seal around the door which was an easy fix. It was installed in one day, about 7 hours. It was well worth the cost. We estimated that in 4 years, we will make back our money. Best thing about it, when we build our garage, we can heat it with our boiler as well. If we ever move, we will definitely buy another boiler! 100% satisfied!

Date created: 2011-01-20 Name: GIB UPOLE
Location: LITTLE ALASKA GARRETT COUNTY MD.

"HOMEOWNER"
INSTALLED ABOUT FIVE HUNDRED CENTRAL BOILERS. SOLD BUSINESS AND RETIRED. THESE BOILERS ARE THE BEST WOOD OUTDOOR BOILER THERE IS. REPLACED MANY OTHER BRANDS AND CUSTOMERS ALL SAID THEY BURNED LESS WOOD. 95% PLUS SATISFIED CUSTOMERS.