Consumer Reviews of Central Boiler wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2013-01-09 Name: J C
Location: KY

"Wi-fi ready"
Central Boiler ad says wi-fi ready...but after I bought the E-classic 1450 central boiler says I now need an additional 300+ dollars box and 100 dollar cable that should have been put in underground? I need a wire for a furnace advertised as wi-fi ready? Central Boiler is a joke, they are big on the sale, but after the sale forget about calling central boiler for anything, central boiler points everything back to the dealer, my dealer was great but central boiler is the worst I have ever dealt with. Update: My cb dealer is the best, did a great job on the installation of the complete unit for both home and another shop building. cb is deceiving on the ad saying wi-fi ready, the e-classic is not wi-fi ready as advertised unless you pay extra for a box and addition underground wire, this is very dis-appoing by cb to sell such a furnace and then expect the customer to pay all the extra for wi-fi, guessing cb is not sure what wi-fi means, details defined after purchase to my cb dealer, very pleased with the cb dealer, very dis-appointed with cb and the false ad on wi-fi ready Update #2: Buyer beware. I thought I researched Central Boiler, wrong. I fail for all the Central Boiler videos explaining how great their boilers are and all that is available. What happens after the sale. Same as all the other people that state you cannot speak with anyone there in their supposedly tech support. Our local dealer is great and has tried helping with the wi-fi installation. However he states he has not installed one before and is not familiar with the connection, cable, grounding, etc. He informed us to call Cental Boiler directly as they informed him to tell us to call. We have repeatedly called, all we get is call transferred to voicemail. We called back and were told to speak with our local dealer. What a run-a-round. It is really hard to understand how our local dealer (who is great) can be associated with such a company. Our local dealer called Central Boiler and they tell him for us to call them. Get the picture, I do.. late. Please check reviews, you will read the same from numerous others.

Date created: 2012-11-13 Name: Chad Ervin
Location: Greens Fork IN

"Swimming Pool Hot Tub"
Great Product....works great if you know how to install and operate. My dealer is in my opinion the best CB dealer there is, knows answers to question immediately, available by phone 7 days a week and just an all around great person to deal with. Heating house, workshop, and 30000 gallon pool that is more like a big ol' hot tub in spring and fall...and still have room for one more pump, maybe the turkeys and chickens would like some heat in the future, great product. Would recommend to any and all. Just know or make sure whoever installs it knows what they are doing, make sure you test your water and keep it at the proper level and your carbon steel will last for over 25 yrs and you wont have to worry about those supposed rude people?

Date created: 2012-11-09 Name: George Messier
Location: Connecticut

"Company does NOT support its product AT ALL"
I recently purchased the e-3200, a very sophisticated and expensive boiler. My beef is with the after-sale support at the home office. Why they even supply an 800 number is beyond me. Every single call is shuffled back to the local dealer. When I force the issue to speak to someone about tech support they don't even have staff to do this. I get someone's voice mail every time and when they call back they are not happy to help. Once again the first words from their mouth is, "have you contacted your dealer?" Today I called to ask about a replacement screw for the cleaning rod (it fell out). A ten cent item and a fifty cent stamp. They said I could buy one from the dealer. They had no interest in helping me. Let's see ... $16,000 minus 90 cents ... a killer to their margins. My guess is they have no one at the firm to even do this. I have never worked with a company in thirty years as an adult that I can remember has such poor customer commitment. Bottom line is that if I thought that they would have nothing to do with me after-sale I might have considered another company. I am very happy with the local dealer. I was a little surprised that it cost me almost $6000 to have the furnace hooked up only four feet from the house, but I'm not complaining.

Date created: 2012-11-08 Name: J. Howard
Location: Steamboat Springs, CO

"Central Boiler Melt Down"
After just a few years of usage the boiler developed a water leak inside the firebox. I called the company and was very rudely directed to my local dealer. Several people came out to view the box and it was determined to be unfixable. My options were to purchase a new boiler or send this back to the factory for a new heat exchange firebox. The company basically treated me like I was out to get them. Because I was stuck and needed a heat source a reluctantly paid the $4400 shipping and labor charges to have the unit rebuilt. To me the bottom line is the fire box walls are way too thin. The 25 year warranty is a joke. As for customer service Central Boiler is rated as anti-customer service. Less than 6 weeks after getting the unit back in operation the circulation pump died. Iím at wits end with this piece of crap. I could have heated with oil for a lot less.

Date created: 2012-10-17 Name: jim smokeyarn
Location: nekoosa, wi

"5036 with gas option"
I have two units and the latest with the gas attachment is a real loser. The unit overheats so bad it can hardly be used. I have contacted the dealer, the company and nothing has solved the overheating problem. The unit leaks air into the chamber, company told me to insulate around the gas gun. Nothing helps, another dealer told me they have major issues with these units. Central boiler has no email option and when I called last year for help was told all the engineers were out icefishing. No wonder there brand has dropped to near bottom.

Date created: 2012-09-24 Name: h. bright
Location: Pilot Mountain, nc

"Be careful of the company installing boiler..."
The boiler itself has thus far worked. We did not feel comfortable installing the unit itself so we paid the 2500 to have the authorized dealers men install it. This is what they do, right? It's been a nightmare! Countless times out because of leaking pipes inside the house where it hooks to the water heater. Matthews Heating Solutions have no idea what they are doing and we are now in another state trying to figure out how to get someone out to replace (for the third time) a leaky pipe. It's all junk. All Conduit. The Cost of the model plus the cost of the installation verses the minimal cost reduction in heat is not worth it...Not to mention the headaches!

Date created: 2012-09-07 Name: r. Magness
Location: Bel Air, Maryland

"Firebox leaked within 14 months use"
Bought two new e2300 Central Boilers from local dealer. After 14 months one has a quarter size hole near top of firebox and leaks at three seams. Have 25 year warranty but company will not honor. Called company and was treated rudely and no help. Dealer hired a certified welder but could not fix all the leaks. Sent boiler to company and they will send a rebuilt one to us for $4500. I have an Amish built wood boiler built about 40 years ago and it still works with no leaks.

Date created: 2012-08-01 Name: K. Ehrler
Location: elizabeth IL

"Hope it doesn't break or you're on your own"
I have had my centrail boiler wood stove for 2 years works very well. This spring I went to fill it and noticed a hole in the fire box. I like other consumers of the wood stove called central boiler and was suprised by how rudely I was treated. They basicaly told me I was stupid and didnt know how to operate the machine, and that I was burning creasote utility poles in it. I have about two years of oak sitting by my stove as of now, so I don't think I was using utility poles! The company didn't stand behing the stove at all. They basically said I was on my own, so I fell back on my dealer to help me out. He was supposed to be a certified welder came out to fix the issue and kinda skabed it together and left. Now two weeks later I still have a leaky stove and just recieved a $500 dollar bill in the mail for his services. I don't know what to do, Bad product and terrible Company.

Date created: 2012-07-29 Location: Buffalo NY

"Does the job and does it well"
Ive owned this furnace from central boiler for a little over a year. So far what ive liked about it is that it was worth every penny i paid for it. It produced the same amount of quality heat as other ones i was looking at except i saved over 500 dollars purchasing this one instead and it was the best choice i have made in regards to these things. The only thing i did not like about the central boiler is that it was very loud at times. And even with that complaint i am still happy with the product. So far after about 1 year, i have not had to make any repairs to it, it works as well as when i first bought it. I would definitely tell my friends and family about this furnace if they ever needed one as i am somewhat satisfied by it.

Date created: 2012-07-19 Location: Neillsvile, WI

"Advantages to having an outdoor wood furnace."
We use to have a small wood stove in our basement. We spent more time cutting the wood into 18 inch pieces and stacking it in the basement then we did enjoying the heat it seemed. About three years ago we got an outdoor wood furnace and it has been great. We have ours setup to heat our water as well. With our old electric water heater would constantly be running out of hot water. Now we never run out. I can even take a bath while my wife does the laundry. My wife was bragging about how much hot water we have to my sister in-law and she made her husband get one too. Its also very nice to not have to haul all of the dirty wood into the house. Not only can we keep the wood outside and our basement clean, but we can put much larger pieces into the furnace. We only have to stock the furnace up a couple times a day. Before we had to every few hours. I think If I were to do it over again, I'd get a Classic again, but I might have gone with a smaller one. The one we bought is a bit too large for a small home and shop like ours. It seems like the sister in laws works just as well but they go through less wood. I talked to the dealer and he said ours was a more than what we needed. Its ok though, we got a good deal on it.