Consumer Reviews of Central Boiler wood furnaces

Read more about Central Boiler wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-11-08 Name: J. Howard
Location: Steamboat Springs, CO

"Central Boiler Melt Down"
After just a few years of usage the boiler developed a water leak inside the firebox. I called the company and was very rudely directed to my local dealer. Several people came out to view the box and it was determined to be unfixable. My options were to purchase a new boiler or send this back to the factory for a new heat exchange firebox. The company basically treated me like I was out to get them. Because I was stuck and needed a heat source a reluctantly paid the $4400 shipping and labor charges to have the unit rebuilt. To me the bottom line is the fire box walls are way too thin. The 25 year warranty is a joke. As for customer service Central Boiler is rated as anti-customer service. Less than 6 weeks after getting the unit back in operation the circulation pump died. Iím at wits end with this piece of crap. I could have heated with oil for a lot less.

Date created: 2012-10-17 Name: jim smokeyarn
Location: nekoosa, wi

"5036 with gas option"
I have two units and the latest with the gas attachment is a real loser. The unit overheats so bad it can hardly be used. I have contacted the dealer, the company and nothing has solved the overheating problem. The unit leaks air into the chamber, company told me to insulate around the gas gun. Nothing helps, another dealer told me they have major issues with these units. Central boiler has no email option and when I called last year for help was told all the engineers were out icefishing. No wonder there brand has dropped to near bottom.

Date created: 2012-09-24 Name: h. bright
Location: Pilot Mountain, nc

"Be careful of the company installing boiler..."
The boiler itself has thus far worked. We did not feel comfortable installing the unit itself so we paid the 2500 to have the authorized dealers men install it. This is what they do, right? It's been a nightmare! Countless times out because of leaking pipes inside the house where it hooks to the water heater. Matthews Heating Solutions have no idea what they are doing and we are now in another state trying to figure out how to get someone out to replace (for the third time) a leaky pipe. It's all junk. All Conduit. The Cost of the model plus the cost of the installation verses the minimal cost reduction in heat is not worth it...Not to mention the headaches!

Date created: 2012-08-01 Name: K. Ehrler
Location: elizabeth IL

"Hope it doesn't break or you're on your own"
I have had my centrail boiler wood stove for 2 years works very well. This spring I went to fill it and noticed a hole in the fire box. I like other consumers of the wood stove called central boiler and was suprised by how rudely I was treated. They basicaly told me I was stupid and didnt know how to operate the machine, and that I was burning creasote utility poles in it. I have about two years of oak sitting by my stove as of now, so I don't think I was using utility poles! The company didn't stand behing the stove at all. They basically said I was on my own, so I fell back on my dealer to help me out. He was supposed to be a certified welder came out to fix the issue and kinda skabed it together and left. Now two weeks later I still have a leaky stove and just recieved a $500 dollar bill in the mail for his services. I don't know what to do, Bad product and terrible Company.

Date created: 2012-07-29 Location: Buffalo NY

"Does the job and does it well"
Ive owned this furnace from central boiler for a little over a year. So far what ive liked about it is that it was worth every penny i paid for it. It produced the same amount of quality heat as other ones i was looking at except i saved over 500 dollars purchasing this one instead and it was the best choice i have made in regards to these things. The only thing i did not like about the central boiler is that it was very loud at times. And even with that complaint i am still happy with the product. So far after about 1 year, i have not had to make any repairs to it, it works as well as when i first bought it. I would definitely tell my friends and family about this furnace if they ever needed one as i am somewhat satisfied by it.

Date created: 2012-05-02 Location: Hinckley, IL

"The only way to go is the Central Boiler"
I looked for a few years before I bought the best outdoor wood furnace made. I kept hearing from people who owned other brands and they all said the same thing. I wish I had bought a Central Boiler. So that is what I had purchased. It was the best investment I think I have ever made. This is my 4th winter owning a Central Boiler. It literally has paid for itself at least twice already! Not only is our house warmer, and showers hotter, we reduced our propane bill by $3,000 our first winter. The savings on our electric bill from not having to run a hot water heater are simply a bonus. I know people with geothermal units who still watch the thermostat use, while I'm at 76 to 78 degrees and warm. The initial price is high, but well worth it in the long run. In four years I have not needed to repair any part of the system. I would recommend central boiler to anyone who asked!!

Date created: 2012-04-24 Name: S. Johnson
Location: Rockford, mi

"Not so sure anymore!!!"
This is my second central boiler, first one had solenoid problem but no big deal. We put a bigger one in to heat two houses with and it had been working great till this weekend when I found a leak in it, scraped the rest of the fire box and had two streams spraying out. Called central boiler and talked to a vary rude person which made me call a dealer, he wouldn't give me the time of day. The steel used on the side walls of the fire box is too thin and or bad steel, it's only 3/16 thick as where the bottom is 3/8 thick. They have a terrible warranty, it will cover the cost of the steel to fix but not labor great 25 year warranty, or I can pay to ship it from Michigan to them and pay 2700.00 for them to put a new heat exchanger in with probably the same 3/16 steel which will do the same down the road. If buying a wood boiler first check the quality and thickness of steel and the warranty, central boilers 25 year doesn't cover crap, for a company that says they do all this testing I think they need to thicken the walls and stand behind there warranty!!!! Would not recommend to anyone to buy anymore in fact would tell everyone to stay away find a different brand. Forgot to mention that I am no stranger to boilers I own my own heating company and the guy still tried telling me it wasn't there fault, he's nuts cheap design.

Date created: 2012-03-13 Location: Battle Creek, Michigan

"Central boilers are great so long as you have access to firewood."
The CL 6048 central boiler is the perfect wood burning boiler for our home. This is the second central boiler we have owned. We left the first one with the house we sold and when we lived in our new place for about a year, we realized how much we missed the central boiler. Thus, we purchased a new one. Currently, our unit heats the entire house, the garage, and the barn. During the winter months, when it is in use, the central boiler even heats our water allowing us to avoid the costs of the water heater. The best thing about this unit is the size. No longer do we need to cut and split the wood to ensure it will fit. For the most part, if you can lift it, it will fit. After eight years of use, we have yet to have anything repaired. The only thing we have done is the typical maintenance involved with any wood stove. This includes cleaning it and re-filling the water core. The costs of heating with this unit is far less than any other heating device available. We have access to hundreds of acres of woods, therefore the money we spend on fire wood is that of the cost of gas to drive to the woods and that to operate the chainsaw. It could be argued that our time is a cost as well, however we enjoy the quality time we spend working on the wood pile together. As long as I am capable of cutting firewood, I will always own a central boiler.

Date created: 2012-03-06 Location: Daytona Beach, Fl

"Outdoor Wood Furnace"
I bought my wood furnace over 5 years ago.comfortable heat. Since installing it I have not used any gas and the house is 72 degrees Wood is the most economical choice. The wood mode allows the user to operate the furnace burning only wood. Wood is a totally renewable resource that is beneficial for the environment because burning wood is natural. When burned, results in no net increases in carbon dioxide. On the other hand, fossil fuels when burned, release carbon dioxide which would otherwise be trapped in the earth. The burning of fossil fuels causes a net increase in carbon dioxide which is believed to be responsible for the heat trapping greenhouse effect. United States and Canada. Making this purchase was one of the best ones I have made and I would suggest it to anyone.

Date created: 2012-02-27 Location: Chagrin Falls, OH

"Central Boiler Outdoor Furnace Summary and Review"
I built my house in late 2002 so I have owned my outdoor furnace. I bought a Central Boiler as we were building our home, so this unit has been our only source of heat since we started living here. I our previous home we had electric heat and what I could not stand that though my thermostat may read 70 degrees, the house felt like an ice box because the electric heater just lacked the power to heat the home elements. What I mean is that the air was warm, but everything you touched was freezing. The floors were cold, walls, etc. In transition, we rented a propane heated home which did not have this problem and the difference is incredible. The ambiance and "home" feeling becomes so much more enjoyable when your home is warm. The reason I mention this is because our wood furnace creates this powerful heat that heats the house and everything in it. I have had maintenance repairs, but nothing out of the ordinary. A local shop is the people who convinced me to buy and the same guy has always done my maintenance and has been a real pleasure. Personable, efficient and quick! For all outdoor furnaces I imagine this can be a common complaint; I don't stock it right and it smokes: neighbors complain. It's really cold in NE Ohio and even colder at four am stocking a furnace. Other than that I love the unit! Make sure your can handle these things, have a constant supply of wood, and the unit is cost effective to an excellent degree and you will love it. Great unit, never had abnormal trouble with my Central Boiler, would suggest to friend anytime.