Consumer Reviews of Central Boiler wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2014-04-03 Name: Mike P
Location: wisconsin

"Do not purchase"
One sentence covers it all: do not purchase, they do not stand behind their material! New furnace leaked within 3 weeks. The factory had the rep send a welder out. One of the pins were leaking due to a broken weld. After that one was repaired another failed 2 months later. Then another 3 months after that. I was told without any investigation by the company that I was burning garbage and that is the reason for the rust through. Not true not garbage was burnt in it but even if it was 3 times in 6 months of use. They picked it up replaced the fire box and it only cost me another $2000, what a deal they told me. Very arrogant people and should be avoided.

Date created: 2013-12-22 Name: josh skidmore
Location: west central illinois

"Works perfect"
4 years and counting of maintenance free heat in multiple buildings. I wouldn't even consider another brand after seeing others and how much wood they have to feed. A wheel barrel full a day keeps me toasty for 24 hours.

Date created: 2013-12-07 Name: Brad
Location: Pa

"Don't buy a Central Boiler"
I am a master plumber in the Philadelphia area that had a customer that bought a Central Boiler. Dealer mislead customer on many accounts regarding ease of installation with no regard for codes for a safe installation. Do not trust dealers. After installation the draft regulator was not closing and boiler was overheating. Central Boiler basically said "is your problem we are not there so figure it out yourself or call dealer". Also, technical support rep is just a salesman with no technical experience. Same problem on the draft regulator with another boiler. Bottom line don't buy a Central Boiler.

Date created: 2013-11-10 Name: Edward
Location: Pennsylvania

"Central Boiler Warranty 25 Years???? Is Really 10 Because Of Corrosion Wording"
My Central Boiler boiler was directly plumbed to my 15-year old Weil-McLain oil boiler. The Weil-McLain is much thinner and older when the Central Boiler was hooked into my heating system. 10 years later, my older now 25-year old Weil-McLain (much thinner cross section) is still going and the Central Boiler started leaking. I kept the pH and Nitride level testing perfect due to my direct plumbing method to protect my older house boiler. I also ran into a rude Central Boiler rep and I think all their boilers are failing well within their 25-year claim, and it's wearing them down. I only have experience with Central Boiler products, so I can't compare but I can tell perspective buyers to only expect 10 years at best. Because I treated this boiler like a chemist with the water, and treated the firebox with Ashtrol and scraped it down every year and coated the inside.

Date created: 2013-11-09 Name: Mike Martin
Location: Whitehorse Yukon

"Too Many Electrical Breakdowns"
I have an older Central Boiler model that is quite inefficient with no reburner, so it smokes a lot. I really like the concept of the unit but between the inefficiency, environmental concerns of smoke, and the fact that there are so many electrical parts that break down repeatedly, I don't like it nearly as much. My unit broke down again on a Friday evening over a long weekend, so I won't get parts for a few days. There is absolutely no way that I could rely on this unit as being my only source of heat for my house. I would have frozen up many times over the years. I wouldn't recommend it unless the newer models have improved a lot.

Date created: 2013-04-04 Name: Steve
Location: Alberta

"No warranty"
Central boilers 25 year warranty is junk. My boiler only ran for a couple months and broke down. When talking to central boiler they offer no solutions. No service and a warranty on parts only is what they offer. I will never purchase from central boiler again and would encourage everyone to search other brands.

Date created: 2013-03-09 Name: Joe
Location: Akron

"Central Boiler Review"
Would have liked to have gotten my investment back from this central boiler. Since I followed all of the manufactures specifications to assure that I would have a furnace that would last long enough to get my investment back but that didn't happen. My advice to a person thing about this purchase. Do the math.

Date created: 2013-02-11 Name: Charlotte Hoover
Location: Seneca Falls NY

"2 Faulty circuit boards and BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE"
Our system was installed at the end of October 2012 by Martin's in Seneca Falls. The unit stopped working on 2 separate occasions due to bad circuit boards. They were replaced as I made payments on my new furnace. I had to get a propane fill up due to the unit not working, so I could run the inside furnace. I called Central Boiler to ask that I am compensated for the added expense that I should not have encountered if I was not sold a faulty unit. Not only did Central Boiler not call me back, but they had the dealer call and tell me I would not be compensated for anything, as the propane is not part of the warranty, and they have replaced the parts that are under warranty. I have purchased wood, making payments on a unit that did not work and I had to purchase $520.00 in propane. Thank you for increasing my cost and worrying about the customer. $16,000.00 is a lot of money to spend on a faulty unit and not to be compensated for expenses I should not have had. Martin's has been wonderful to us, but I don't feel this is an issue they should have to handle as they did not make the unit. Thank You Central Boiler for your wonderful Customer Service!!!

Date created: 2013-01-28 Name: scott herberg
Location: st.francis, minnesota

"Central boiler leaks/ customer service stinks"
I too, had a central boiler that worked for 6 seasons with no problems. (I burn 10/15 cords per season of dry seasoned oak only) Then it sprung a leak in the side wall. had it welded by cert. welder, he noted the walls were very thin. it made the rest of the season, but the start of the 6th season it started leaking from the back side. had it inspected by a couple of welders who said the walls were too thin to weld. The customer service was as others have said, rude, non helpful, accusing. Rather than pay for shipping and rebuilding or buying new, I went with another source, sold the thing for scrap and chalked up 7500.00 as a bad investment/

Date created: 2012-11-13 Name: Chad Ervin
Location: Greens Fork IN

"Swimming Pool Hot Tub"
Great Product....works great if you know how to install and operate. My dealer is in my opinion the best CB dealer there is, knows answers to question immediately, available by phone 7 days a week and just an all around great person to deal with. Heating house, workshop, and 30000 gallon pool that is more like a big ol' hot tub in spring and fall...and still have room for one more pump, maybe the turkeys and chickens would like some heat in the future, great product. Would recommend to any and all. Just know or make sure whoever installs it knows what they are doing, make sure you test your water and keep it at the proper level and your carbon steel will last for over 25 yrs and you wont have to worry about those supposed rude people?