Consumer Reviews of Bryan wood furnaces

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2012-09-13 Name: David
Location: kansas city, mo

"Best stove ever"
This is the best stove ever made. It's now 17 years old and its never had anything burned in it but pure hedge. We installed it ourselves in our old 2 story built in 1887 and has very minimal insulation. We just plumbed our heat in one window and have it sucking out of another window in another room. It can be 10 below outside with windows open and if you crank up the damper we can make the house upstairs and down over 100 degrees. Never had any major problems with it other then replacing few door gaskets and replaced damper assembly. Last year I walk out in the morning and rake the coals around 7 am and go to work and then I usually get back around there at 10ish to feed those cows and then I fill it and when I get home I fill it around 8 or 9 at night and never mess with it again. Actually buying another one real soon for my shop.

Date created: 2012-01-15 Location: Springfield, MO

"This Furnace Blows Hot All Winter"
I have used my furnace at my last two homes for the past 10 years I have owned it. At the first location I used it, the furnace was heating two different mobile homes: mine and my tenant's. There are several things I like about this furnace, but a couple things stand out the most. For one, It is quite large. I am easily able to fit larger and longer pieces of wood into it. Right now I don't have a return duct on my blower, so it has been turning 17 and 18 degree air into 90-100 degree air that heats my drafty 100-year-old house completely. There is a possibility that the firebox could burn through. If you get the fire extremely hot, you could have embers going through your ducts. This has never happened to a friend of mine that has the same furnace. We have never had to repair this furnace. I would definitely buy the same furnace again, but I don't think I will ever need another one!