Consumer Reviews of DS Stoves wood furnaces

5 of 5 stars 1 review

Read reviews of other Wood Furnace brands

Date created: 2015-11-06 Location: The Pinery, Colorado

"Amish Wood Boiler"
This wood boiler was a great idea and has been very useful, especially during the summer when there was not a need for so much hot water. Now as it gets colder I would have rather purchased the larger boiler so my family and I would not have to wait so long between baths for water to heat up. I have never had a replacement or repair done for the unit because it is completely unnecessary. The upside and feature of having no mechanical gauges that require parts replacement make this unit well worth the time and money. The larger models which are the energy Max product line would have been more ideal but we are satisfied with the model we have. We would just have to wait a good 30 minutes or so to wait for water to heat up between baths. For a family of four I would not consider this water boiler but the concept is a great one as there are many places giving away wood and anything can be burned even call to heat up water. Again it would be the best practice to have a larger water boiler which I overlooked when installing. We still use it and it works fine for us.