Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2011-12-09 Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"We LOVE our new Whirlpool water heater"
We have owned this water heater about 4 months now and absolutly love it. We love how much longer the water stays hot now and how easy it was to set up. I also loved how it came with the tray so if it did leak (which it hasn't) it will stray in the drip dray. There really is not anything that i dislike about it, it was cheap and a way better upgrade of what we had. We have not had to replace anything on the water heater as of yet. I would definiatly recommend this water heater.

Date created: 2011-12-06 Location: Fairborn, OH

"Water Heater Review"
We have owned our water heater for approximately eight years. It gets the job done, but it could stand to be more efficient. We need either a tankless water heater or a higher capacity. We run out of hot water after about 10-15 minutes.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Humble, TX

"Energy-Efficient 50 Gallon Natural Gas Water Heater"
I have owned this water heater going on two years now. I purchased it at a local sears about a month or so after I moved into my new house to replace the water heater there. I've never had any problems with it, never had to have anything repaired on it, or replace it. Everything about it has worked great! I like the fact that it has such a large gallon capacity, it has a 12 year tank and parts warranty, and that it is self-cleaning. The only con to this water heater is that it does use a little more energy than I would like it to. I would definitely buy again, and I would highly recommend this brand to anyone!

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Review of Whirlpool 80 gallon electric water heater."
I have owned my Whirlpool water heater for about 3 years, after purchasing this newer electric model to replace and older Maytag brand one. While this heater is indeed a sufficient unit, it does not seem to differ much from my previous one, and also is seemingly more expensive. While the heater always has more than enough water in the tank and is speedy to refill itself with hot water, it has broken twice so far and the repairs were in no way cheap. The first time it broke was around 6 months after I purchased it. It apparently had developed a faulty motor, which was causing fluctuations in the temperature of water being produced by the heater. This fix cost around 300 hundred dollars. The second break down was about a year ago, 2 years after its purchase. Again it was a problem with the motor, this time it broke down altogether and required a 500 dollar fix. Since then there seems to be no problems to name and the heater is once again running efficiently. I would recommend this heater if it wasn't for the breakdowns, but would probably try and choose a more reliable model.

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Great Water Heater!"
Our water heater went out, and we had no other option than to go with Lowes for this emergency purchase. I bought it about 9 weeks ago. Not that we don't like Lowes, we love Lowes, but I was really scared of this water heater after reading all the bad reviews, We have a big house with four people, and my well is located a very long way from my house. So, our water pressure has never been amazing. However, we didn't have a choice. It was this one or no hot water. We bit the bullet, installed it, and low and behold, hot water and no drop in water pressure! I was so amazed that it worked with no problems, I had to get on here and tell others that if you're stuck like we were, it worked for us. It was a simple switch out for the install, and my husband didn't make any changes except to turn up both thermostats to where we like it, before turning on the power. The only thing I don't like is, with our hard water, we need a self cleaning model to help the water heater last longer, but due to time and money issues, we couln't afford one right now. That's not a problem for the water heater or Lowes though.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: McGrath, AK

"Review of Whirlpool Hotwater Heater"
I have owned my Whirlpool Hotwater Heater since last fall. I like it because the water in our house is always hot and we never run out of hotwater. It is perfect for the size of our family. I dislike that the hotwater heater is so large and takes up so much space in our tiny bathroom, but considering what it does it is worth it. I have never had to repair or replace it. I would definately purchase the same brand again in the future and recommend it to others.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"Whirlpool Hot Water Heater; Works Like It Should"
I have owned my Whirlpool 50 gallon electric hot water heater for a little over a year. It is an affordable model and was easy to install as we were able to do it ourselves. The water heats up quicker than what we were used to (granted, our old hot water heater was over 10 years old) and we find that we have just the right amount of hot water for a family of three. However, you may not want to take showers back to back or shower right after running the dishwasher because you may run out of hot water. The only thing that could be better is the energy efficiency. While it is better than our older model, it is not as good as some of the more expensive models. Overall, we have had no problems and the hot water heater works just as it should. We are very much satisfied with our purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for a dependable model.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Location: Welsh, louisiana

"How much I like my water heater."
I have owned my Whirpool water heater for 3 years now and I am somewhat satisfied with it. I would be very satisfied with it if I would not have ran into the minor that it has caused me. This heater came with an energy board that is supposed to help with your electrical bill. It does this by heating the water at certain times of the day when the hot water is needed the most which in my house in mainly in the afternoons. After about 1 year of owning this water heater the board went out and I had to re-wire it and by pass the board in order to get the hot water to work. I ordered a new board and it took 2 months for it to arrive. Once replacing the old board with the new one it had went out again. Finally I got another one under warranty and have not had a problem with it since. If I had to replace the water heater due to the elements going out in it or it rusting out I would definitely go back with the same make and model. After installing the new board I have noticed a drop in my electric bill. I would recommend this to anyone who is going to purchase a new hot water heater. I did fill out a survey and gave them a great review.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Location: Norman, OK

"Warm Water All the Time"
I got this water heater installed a few years ago by installation professionals and have been very satisfied with this tank and have had nothing but good luck with it. I have been able to keep a constant supply of hot water for my family and myself. I have two kids and a wife so that is a good amount of hot water being used as well as when we do dishes, and laundry. The tank is a forty gallon tank and it has continued to supply us with hot water anytime that we need it and we do not have to wait a long time for it either. IT simply needs to clear the pipes of the cold water and we have hot water coming out of the faucet. I would recommend this heater to anyone. It has a twelve year warranty on it and has lasted us so far with no problem so I am pleased and when it finally goes out, if ever I will buy a similar model from whirlpool.

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: Ormond Beach,Florida

"My summary of a whirlpool water heater"
I have owned the water heater for 5 years and have been overall satisifed with the performance. There are however drawbacks to this unit. When we had to replace the popoff valve after only a year of use for a leaking seal. The repair went ok, but the corosion on the unit itself was pretty bad. The other drawback is that it uses a lot of power even though it says it is a energy efficent item. We have even considered a timer switch to regulate the hours it is on. The overall performance is satisfactory with the temperture of the water exiting the heater to be even and not scalding ( the temp setting is very easy to get to and can be set with a small flat screwdriver). I would recomend this unit to friend but would recommend a timer. As I would buy this unit agian and install the timer device.