Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2012-04-02 Location: Clio, MI

"Gas Water Heater from Lowes"
We just bought this WhirlPool gas heater as our old Electric Whirlpool started messing up. I like this one better as it is gas and not electric. Also, it isnt messing up like the old one!! So far everything seems good and they installed it for us and took the old one. Very satisfied as of right now. Time will tell though. Was told it uses less gas and should show a difference in our consumers bill from our old electric.

Date created: 2012-03-13 Location: Muskogee, Ok.

"Our Whirlpool Water Heater"
We purchased our Whirlpool Electric Water Heater in 2005. It was a significant improvement over our previous water heater, which struggled to provide enough hot water for us, even though there are only two in the house. The new water heater was straightforward to install and there are controls on the top including a series of lights that allow easy diagnosis of a variety of problems. Temperature setup is also very easy and consistent; there are also vacation and energy performance settings on the unit. Unfortunately, we had a number of problems with the control board. It required constant resetting or the unit would not fire properly and keep water temperature, and initially gave us element errors. We ended up replacing elements before diagnosing the problem as the control board. Whirlpool provided the elements and the board at no charge but it was a tedious and prolonged process. The new board has been installed for more than three years now and the unit runs significantly more efficiently, and keeps plenty of hot water available for us to use. I would recommend a Whirlpool Electric Water Heater, though I would warn people that my experience with Whirlpool's troubleshooting team was less than stellar.

Date created: 2012-01-24 Location: Fort Worth, TX

"Review of Whirlpool Water Heater"
We have owned this Whirlpool water heater for one year, and we are very satisfied with its performance, and since it is a gas water heater, we are able to save money on our electric bill. We especially like the fact that we have not had to relight the heater since we had it installed. There is not much to complain about with our Whirlpool water heater, except that we probably could have used one with a larger capacity since we have a large family. Whirlpool offers a larger capacity water heater, but it would not fit in the space we had. This heater was a replacement for the same model that was malfunctioning. The first one was around five years old, and Whirlpool replaced it with no hassle. We were thankful since we felt that the water heater should not have begun to malfunction. We would definitely purchase this heater again and recommend it to our friends and family.

Date created: 2011-12-09 Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"We LOVE our new Whirlpool water heater"
We have owned this water heater about 4 months now and absolutly love it. We love how much longer the water stays hot now and how easy it was to set up. I also loved how it came with the tray so if it did leak (which it hasn't) it will stray in the drip dray. There really is not anything that i dislike about it, it was cheap and a way better upgrade of what we had. We have not had to replace anything on the water heater as of yet. I would definiatly recommend this water heater.

Date created: 2011-12-06 Location: Fairborn, OH

"Water Heater Review"
We have owned our water heater for approximately eight years. It gets the job done, but it could stand to be more efficient. We need either a tankless water heater or a higher capacity. We run out of hot water after about 10-15 minutes.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Humble, TX

"Energy-Efficient 50 Gallon Natural Gas Water Heater"
I have owned this water heater going on two years now. I purchased it at a local sears about a month or so after I moved into my new house to replace the water heater there. I've never had any problems with it, never had to have anything repaired on it, or replace it. Everything about it has worked great! I like the fact that it has such a large gallon capacity, it has a 12 year tank and parts warranty, and that it is self-cleaning. The only con to this water heater is that it does use a little more energy than I would like it to. I would definitely buy again, and I would highly recommend this brand to anyone!

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Review of Whirlpool 80 gallon electric water heater."
I have owned my Whirlpool water heater for about 3 years, after purchasing this newer electric model to replace and older Maytag brand one. While this heater is indeed a sufficient unit, it does not seem to differ much from my previous one, and also is seemingly more expensive. While the heater always has more than enough water in the tank and is speedy to refill itself with hot water, it has broken twice so far and the repairs were in no way cheap. The first time it broke was around 6 months after I purchased it. It apparently had developed a faulty motor, which was causing fluctuations in the temperature of water being produced by the heater. This fix cost around 300 hundred dollars. The second break down was about a year ago, 2 years after its purchase. Again it was a problem with the motor, this time it broke down altogether and required a 500 dollar fix. Since then there seems to be no problems to name and the heater is once again running efficiently. I would recommend this heater if it wasn't for the breakdowns, but would probably try and choose a more reliable model.

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Great Water Heater!"
Our water heater went out, and we had no other option than to go with Lowes for this emergency purchase. I bought it about 9 weeks ago. Not that we don't like Lowes, we love Lowes, but I was really scared of this water heater after reading all the bad reviews, We have a big house with four people, and my well is located a very long way from my house. So, our water pressure has never been amazing. However, we didn't have a choice. It was this one or no hot water. We bit the bullet, installed it, and low and behold, hot water and no drop in water pressure! I was so amazed that it worked with no problems, I had to get on here and tell others that if you're stuck like we were, it worked for us. It was a simple switch out for the install, and my husband didn't make any changes except to turn up both thermostats to where we like it, before turning on the power. The only thing I don't like is, with our hard water, we need a self cleaning model to help the water heater last longer, but due to time and money issues, we couln't afford one right now. That's not a problem for the water heater or Lowes though.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: McGrath, AK

"Review of Whirlpool Hotwater Heater"
I have owned my Whirlpool Hotwater Heater since last fall. I like it because the water in our house is always hot and we never run out of hotwater. It is perfect for the size of our family. I dislike that the hotwater heater is so large and takes up so much space in our tiny bathroom, but considering what it does it is worth it. I have never had to repair or replace it. I would definately purchase the same brand again in the future and recommend it to others.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"Whirlpool Hot Water Heater; Works Like It Should"
I have owned my Whirlpool 50 gallon electric hot water heater for a little over a year. It is an affordable model and was easy to install as we were able to do it ourselves. The water heats up quicker than what we were used to (granted, our old hot water heater was over 10 years old) and we find that we have just the right amount of hot water for a family of three. However, you may not want to take showers back to back or shower right after running the dishwasher because you may run out of hot water. The only thing that could be better is the energy efficiency. While it is better than our older model, it is not as good as some of the more expensive models. Overall, we have had no problems and the hot water heater works just as it should. We are very much satisfied with our purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for a dependable model.