Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2012-06-07 Location: morehead ky

"What i think about my water heater"
Ive had my water heater 7 years and it works great .Heats the water fast.Theres nothing i dont like about it,very great water heater.Ive never had to do any work on it at all ever.i would sure buy the same brand whrilpool again when i need two,but im hoping this one will last for several more years,im very sure it will. I would strongly recommend that anyone looking to buy a water heater to buy a new whirlpool.

Date created: 2012-05-02 Location: Arlington, VA

"Good water heater for a decent price"
I purchased this water heater after having a bad experience with a cheaper brand which was also 40 gallons. The heater didn't out put hot water (it was barely warm), and took quite some time to warm up. I was immediately impressed that after the heater was installed by the store, the water heater was producing not warm but legitimate hot water within 45 minutes. I have run the dishwasher, a load of clothes and taken a shower at the same timeā€"I have not seen a decrease in the production or temperature. I ran out of hot water with my previous heater after two showers. This is a dramatic improvement. I have no complaints, so far. I don't find the heater to be using too much energy (my bills have actually decreased a bit). I have yet to "run out" of hot water. No repairs, so far. I would certainly recommend the purchase of this water heater. Good price for a durable and well run product. I will purchase from Whirlpool again in the future.

Date created: 2012-04-11 Location: Atrdmore, OK

"Review of my Water Heater"
I have owned my water heater for about 4 years. I love that I always have plenty of hot water when i need it, which is always with 3 people living here. I can't think of anything to dislike. No replacements, and the one time we had to repair was when one of the connections came loose but, it was a quick and easy fix. I would definitely buy another and recommend it to a friend!

Date created: 2012-04-11 Location: Washington DC

"Satisfactory experience for a popular brand"
This water heater met my expectations. Besides the noise it makes, I am almost completely satisfied. It has a very attractive compact and sleek look. Many water heater manufacturers cannot accomplish this. I love the fact that it is a popular brand because it has a great warranty. I read many reviews on the gas heater before purchasing and for the most part, the consumers are satisfied with the product just as I am. My husband and I had no issues installing it. We filled it with water and it took from 3-5 minutes to power up. I have noticed nothing bad from the water (odors, exhaustion, etc.) This product is very efficient and I am waiting for my first electric bill to prove to others what a great product this is. The customer service team is very helpful for whirlpool and they know the true meaning of customer service. I have yet to have any issues with hot water and I would recommend this product to all of my friends.

Date created: 2012-04-02 Location: Clio, MI

"Gas Water Heater from Lowes"
We just bought this WhirlPool gas heater as our old Electric Whirlpool started messing up. I like this one better as it is gas and not electric. Also, it isnt messing up like the old one!! So far everything seems good and they installed it for us and took the old one. Very satisfied as of right now. Time will tell though. Was told it uses less gas and should show a difference in our consumers bill from our old electric.

Date created: 2012-03-13 Location: Muskogee, Ok.

"Our Whirlpool Water Heater"
We purchased our Whirlpool Electric Water Heater in 2005. It was a significant improvement over our previous water heater, which struggled to provide enough hot water for us, even though there are only two in the house. The new water heater was straightforward to install and there are controls on the top including a series of lights that allow easy diagnosis of a variety of problems. Temperature setup is also very easy and consistent; there are also vacation and energy performance settings on the unit. Unfortunately, we had a number of problems with the control board. It required constant resetting or the unit would not fire properly and keep water temperature, and initially gave us element errors. We ended up replacing elements before diagnosing the problem as the control board. Whirlpool provided the elements and the board at no charge but it was a tedious and prolonged process. The new board has been installed for more than three years now and the unit runs significantly more efficiently, and keeps plenty of hot water available for us to use. I would recommend a Whirlpool Electric Water Heater, though I would warn people that my experience with Whirlpool's troubleshooting team was less than stellar.

Date created: 2012-01-24 Location: Fort Worth, TX

"Review of Whirlpool Water Heater"
We have owned this Whirlpool water heater for one year, and we are very satisfied with its performance, and since it is a gas water heater, we are able to save money on our electric bill. We especially like the fact that we have not had to relight the heater since we had it installed. There is not much to complain about with our Whirlpool water heater, except that we probably could have used one with a larger capacity since we have a large family. Whirlpool offers a larger capacity water heater, but it would not fit in the space we had. This heater was a replacement for the same model that was malfunctioning. The first one was around five years old, and Whirlpool replaced it with no hassle. We were thankful since we felt that the water heater should not have begun to malfunction. We would definitely purchase this heater again and recommend it to our friends and family.

Date created: 2011-12-09 Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"We LOVE our new Whirlpool water heater"
We have owned this water heater about 4 months now and absolutly love it. We love how much longer the water stays hot now and how easy it was to set up. I also loved how it came with the tray so if it did leak (which it hasn't) it will stray in the drip dray. There really is not anything that i dislike about it, it was cheap and a way better upgrade of what we had. We have not had to replace anything on the water heater as of yet. I would definiatly recommend this water heater.

Date created: 2011-12-06 Location: Fairborn, OH

"Water Heater Review"
We have owned our water heater for approximately eight years. It gets the job done, but it could stand to be more efficient. We need either a tankless water heater or a higher capacity. We run out of hot water after about 10-15 minutes.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Humble, TX

"Energy-Efficient 50 Gallon Natural Gas Water Heater"
I have owned this water heater going on two years now. I purchased it at a local sears about a month or so after I moved into my new house to replace the water heater there. I've never had any problems with it, never had to have anything repaired on it, or replace it. Everything about it has worked great! I like the fact that it has such a large gallon capacity, it has a 12 year tank and parts warranty, and that it is self-cleaning. The only con to this water heater is that it does use a little more energy than I would like it to. I would definitely buy again, and I would highly recommend this brand to anyone!