Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2015-10-30 Name: Kevin Hunnell
Location: Mississippi

"Terrible do not buy"
I bought this gas water when house was being remodeled 1 1/2 years ago with a 6 year warranty. Until you have to use it. Pilot will not stay lit. I called about the warranty, they told me it could not be warrantied because it is inside the house. Where do people put water heaters? They also said they would not sell me parts because of it being in the house. The water heater that I took out was 20 years old and worked fine. I should have kept it. I have another water heater in that supplies the kitchen, 3rd. Bath and utility room that is 22 years old and still working. So before you buy, check on a spot in your yard that they want it put before you buy it. I checked the website and a lot of people said the same. Oh 1 more thing, be sure to disconnect your water heater, turn over and clean the filter every 3 months. So you don't void your warranty.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Colorado Springs, CO

"Great Water Heater"
I've had this water heater for 1 year. I like how it heats the water to temperature quickly and has an LED that shows the pilot light status. I never have problems with running out of hot water and on the high setting the water is extremely hot. I've never had any problems with the heater and lighting the pilot is very easy. There's nothing that I dislike about the water heater. I would recommend this brand/model to a friend.

Date created: 2015-10-19 Location: Memphis, TN

"New Water Heater Working Better Than Expected."
I had to purchase a new water heater in March of this year because the previous one had a continuous leak. It wasn't a horrible leak, but it was steady and rather annoying. Also, I was unaware of how old it exactly was because it was in my home when I purchased it. I'm enjoying not having to worry about going into my attic to check daily to see if there is a leak. It's nice not having to worry about a water heater dropping through the ceiling. So far, my only regret is that I wish I would've went electric. Everything else in my home is electric so I'd prefer to have it all the same. While the uniformity would be nice, I do like having the piece of mind that if the power is out, I'll still have hot water. I'd absolutely purchase it again, and I'd encourage someone else to make the same purchase.

Date created: 2015-10-19 Location: Medford, MA

"When choosing a water heater you must be carefull, look for a good brand and get warranty."
I'm pretty satisfied with my current water heater, so far I haven't encountered any problems. I love the Whirlpool brand, they have good products and give you a good warranty as well. You feel protected and backed up. The user's manual has clear directions and it's easy to install. I like that it has a perfect functionality, heats water pretty fast and one of the best benefits I've noticed is that it reduced my energy bill. I've owned this water heater for about 6 months now with 0 problems and I would recommend it to my family and friends. It has a lot of benefits and it's pretty economical. I feel safe, it has a security mechanism that makes me sleep without any worries at night. The last water heater I had was a huge disappointment and by trying to save some money I chose poorly. So in conclusion, if you want to buy a water heater definitely choose this brand. It may cost more at the beginning but in the end you will spend less.

Date created: 2015-09-29 Location: Mercedes, TX

"Great Performer"
I've had this water heater for 3 years now. This replaces my old Whirlpool which lasted me 19 years with no problems. The heating elements on the old one needed replacing, but I decided to get this model because it was smaller and would definitely use less electricity than the old one. The way I use it, it does not use much electricity at all. First of all, I have the temperature set to 115 degrees. My work takes me away from home about half of the time. During this usually one week absence, I turn it off. When I return home, I turn it on and the water for my shower is ready in half an hour except for the winter. And the installation was easy. I have always tried to use the Whirlpool brand for my appliances. It is a very reliable brand. In three years, I have not had any problems with it. I expect this to possibly be the last water heater I will ever need.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Memphis, TN

"Great water heater at a great price"
I had to replace my water heater a year ago because our old one developed a massive leak. We ended up getting the Whirlpool E50R6-45. It was the same size as our last water heater which was 50 gallons. We decided to install it ourselves which turned out to be really easy. This thing is great! It seems like we never run out of hot water anymore and it seems really quiet. My son sleeps right next door to it and it has never bothered him. The water can get super hot and is easily adjustable with the electronic panel. We haven't had any problems and it seems very well built. The price was right too. Sure you don't get a super long warranty, but we extended that by buying it at Lowe's and getting 5 more years added on to the 6 for a small price. I would happily buy this model again.

Date created: 2015-08-06 Name: theresa white
Location: Sandusky, OH

"Hot water heater"
I bought this water heater in 2012 with a 6-year warranty. Well, the pilot light keeps shutting off and no codes are showing up. I called Craftmaster's 800 number that is on my tank and they sent me an email with video on how to check what is wrong with it. Honestly, I don't care what's wrong with it, I want a new one. They told me they only cover the parts, that I would have to pay labor. Ah no, I just paid $400.00 for this water tank 3 years ago . They said I'd have to pay for parts and labor and they would send me the money for the parts since their service man was over 90 miles away. So curious, I called around and was told that at least the service call and labor would be $300.00. Why in God's name would I pay $300.00 when for another $100.00 I could buy a brand new one. Never again will I buy one of their products again! It's only been 3 years; they should have to replace the tank, period. Oh yeah, and this is the second time it's been replaced in 9 years.

Date created: 2015-07-17 Location: Linden, VA

"Reliable water heater - never a cold shower."
We have owned our Whirlpool water heater since we moved into our house two years ago. I have taken a lot of showers in my life and have always experienced the cold water towards the end of my shower. However, with this water heater, I can take my 45-60 minute showers and never have the cold water at the end of my shower. This water heater is also great on saving energy. Compared to previous water heaters at other houses, our electric bill is much lower. I have no complaints with this water heater. Even after 2 years, we have never had to repair anything or even replace it! I would strongly recommend the Whirlpool brand to anyone who asks; this water heater has been nothing but reliable for my family. If the time ever comes, we will buy the same brand water heater. Don't turn this brand down!

Date created: 2015-06-02 Location: St. Louis, MO

"Review of our Whirlpool water heater used as a boiler for in-floor heating"
We recently installed a new Whirlpool water heater to replace a propane gas heater that was old and not performing well. This was done last November. We have in floor hot water heat in our home and we had to adjust from gas to electric. We had a very severe winter and the heat kept up admirably. The only dislike I had was mostly due to us installing it late in the year since it took a little time for the heater to catch up, but under the circumstances, I thought it did very well. I especially like the fact that it doesn't need to vented to the outside as before. Since our building code required we have outside vents for the gas heater, we were able to plug up the vents and save on usage so that was a plus as well. I would recommend this to someone who was in the same situation, without hesitation. Our fuel bill was lower this year due to the efficiency.

Date created: 2015-05-20 Location: St. Louis, MO

"Review of our Whirlpool water heater used as a boiler for in-floor heating"
We recently installed a new Whirlpool water heater to replace a propane gas heater that was old and not performing well. This was done last November. We have in floor hot water heat in our home and we had to adjust from gas to electric. We had a very severe winter and the heat kept up admirably. The only dislike I had was mostly due to us installing it late in the year since it took a little time for the heater to catch up, but under the circumstances, I thought it did very well. I especially like the fact that it doesn't need to vented to the outside as before. Since our building code required we have outside vents for the gas heater, we were able to plug up the vents and save on usage so that was a plus as well. I would reccommend this to someone who was in the same situation, without hesitation. Our fuel bill was lower this year due to the efficiency.